main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Reflections (Gabri_Jade's response to the SJRS Viggie Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmilieDarklighter, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Here's a wonderful little piece written by Gabri_Jade For the SJRS vignette challenge. *shrugs* Don't know if it counts for anything, but this was my favorite. Good job, Gabi!

-Emmi

The Garqi sun was pleasantly warm and cast a pinkish hue upon the clouds she was watching so intently. A barely-there breeze kissed her face softly as she absently brushed back a stray curl. "That one looks like a fish," she said, pointing. "Not that anyone from Tatooine would know what a fish looks like."

"I have seen fish since then, Mara," Luke said mildly. "That one behind it could be a Y-wing."

"Maybe," Mara allowed, secretly rejoicing in the sound of his heartbeat in her ear, the reverberation of his voice through his chest, the feel of his arm around her -- and knowing even as she did so that her happiness was hardly secret. Not from Luke, anyway. She could keep up her usual hardened front and probably still fool the rest of the galaxy. She might even be able to fool Corran and Mirax, maybe even Leia and Han -- but never Luke.

On the other hand, he couldn't fool her, either. She knew perfectly well how happy he was; how he was marvelling over the weight of her head on his shoulder and the feel of her Force sense mingling with his own. It was a game they played, sometimes; pretending that nothing had truly changed between them even as their mutual joy shone brightly in the Force, obvious to both. The game never lasted long.

"That's a whisperkit," Mara said, lifting her hand from his chest to point again.

Luke chuckled softly. "Who'd ever have thought that Mara Jade, assassin and smuggler, would be content to spend hours simply looking for shapes in the clouds?"

"Not me," Mara replied. "And it's 'Master Trader' to you, farmboy."

"If you say so, Master Trader." Her future husband sat up abruptly, taking her with him, and inched backward to lean against the tree they'd been lying beneath. "The grass tickles," he complained, rubbing the back of his neck.

"For a fighter pilot and a Jedi, you sure whine a lot."

"And if I do, what does that say about your taste in men?"

Mara laughed. "I never claimed to have good taste."

Luke winked at her. "Love you too, Mara."

Mara grinned back. She pulled his arm closer around her and leaned against him to once more nestle her head upon his shoulder, feeling his inward smile as clearly as her own.

After a lifetime of searching, they were finally home.

2. Darth_Bob_The_Fett

Darth_Bob_The_Fett Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2003
    *sigh*

Nice 'n peacefull atmosphere. Excellent Vignette!

3. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Emmi: *laughs* Emmi, darling, warn me before you post something of mine! I'd nearly forgotten this, and was most startled to see it up. :p Of course it counts for something that you liked it -- I wrote it for you and your challenge, silly! *hugs* ;) :D

Darth_Bob_The_Fett: Thank you! I'm very glad you liked it. :D

~Gabri

4. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *giggles* Oh, but I like surprises!

5. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Gabri_Jade: That was marvelous! It was so smooth and subtle how you blended in all the required elements! You truly are a virtuoso of L/M mush!

Hat's off to you, maestro!

Thanks for PMing me :)

6. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Ahhh.... LOVE! [face_love]

Again Gabri, a most excellent L/M fic! :D

And double kudos to Emmie for posting this! More L/M mush! [face_love]

7. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Nice job Gabri! Very light and touching. Glad I wasn't the only one to respond to the challenge. :)

8. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Do you know how strange it feels to be replying to readers on a thread I didn't post? Well, new experiences are supposed to be good for you, right? :p

LP: Why, thank you! :D Quite a compliment coming from a H/L mush virtuoso such as yourself. Glad you could drop by.

Rivad: *laughs* Anything with L/M mush, and you're there. Good to see you again! Congratulations on the engagement. :)

Jaded: Hi there! Thanks, I liked yours too. :) No, you weren't the only one. I'd e-mailed this to Emmi earlier. I guess we got our wires crossed about how they would be posted. :)

--For those who weren't aware of the required elements of Emmi's SJRS challenge, we were expected to include at least three of the following: 1) something pink (well, that was supposed to be in the title, but that was just too tricky :p ), 2) a tickle, 3) something having to do with Tatooine, 4) a fish, and 5) a kiss. Emmi does like to keep us on our toes. *sighs* She's a hard taskmaster. ;) Glad you all liked it! :D

~Gabri

9. Rivad_Bacar

Nov 7, 2002
    Anything with L/M mush, and you're there.

You know it Gabri! I'm a Luke/Mara mush-a-holic and have been since Heir to the Empire was realesed!

Thank you! Yes, the engagement has been very exciting! [face_love]

I read the challange given by Emmi and thought about it... I chickened out! :(
    Just gotta do it one of these days...

I did get a really cool title though!

Real Smugglers Don't Wear Pink!

I'll leave it to everyone else to guess what it deals with, considering my mindset on Luke/Mara and a recent engagement of my own... ;)

10. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    Gabri! I love it! The scene was so peaceful, and they don't get that much. You do excellent work.

:) Paige

11. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Rivad: I'm a Luke/Mara mush-a-holic and have been since Heir to the Empire was realesed!

You and me both. :D It was only slightly less than blindingly obvious that they were made for each other, after all.

LOL! Oh, now I really want to read your take on this challenge. What a fantastic title. You really should write it. With your enthusaism for the subject, I'm sure you'd make a great L/M author, especially in the mush category. :D

Ariapaige: Thank you, Paige! Good to see you again. :) I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. You're right, they don't get nearly enough peaceful moments. Personally, I like those best of all. :)

~Gabri

12. Rivad_Bacar

Nov 7, 2002
    Well, it may take me a million years Gabri but I think I will try at least a short vignette.

Now where did I put that time machine?

Rivad wanders off in search of time machine so that he can try to cram 30 hours into the day... ;)

13. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    only slightly less than blindingly obvious

VotF quote!

14. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Rivad: No, no, no, my friend -- it only takes 27 hours in the day to write a vignette. You successfully cram 30 hours into the day and you get to write us an epic. ;) :p

Emmi: *giggles* And a deliberate quote, too. I wondered if anyone would catch that. :D

~Gabri

Jack-o-lantern

15. Rivad_Bacar

Nov 7, 2002
    Groan! An epic? At the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to finish a limrick! :p

16. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *chuckles* Need some inspiration? I over the weekend, I got six fully-grown plot bunnies for just L/M stories. And I can't possibly write all of them. Then again, with those thirty hours...

17. Rivad_Bacar

Nov 7, 2002
    Rivad pulls out old fashioned ballance and begins to measure the dillema...

Wedding plans...write Luke/Mara fic...wedding plan...Luke/Mara fic...

Fiancee bursts through the door with twin blasters and marches Rivad back to continue plans!

Eep! Guess that settles that argument! ;)

I'll keep the idea percilating, but it'll be a while before I get to it! I can't imagine why... Rivad thinks of wonderful girl he is about to marry... No, wait! Yes I can! [face_love]

18. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *smiles* Kudos to your fiancee'. Pretend love stories can wait--there's a real one being lived right now. ;)

*thumbs up to Rivad*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.