main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Reflections - Leia's Vignette, during ROTJ

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LaYa_, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Title: Reflections

Author: LaYa_

Timeframe: ROTJ

Notes: This was written at 3AM, so... :p Anyway, I hope you like it!
    Thanks to Pelly-Welly for beta-reading this, you're a sweetie, hon @};-

Summary: Leia's thoughts after knowing she is Luke's sister and Darth Vader's daughter.

Disclaimer: All characters are the property of George Lucas, etc etc.

Reflections

She didn?t want to think about Luke?s words, but her mind only could think about it. Luke had told her he was her brother? Brother! What she had always wanted? what she had never had and what she thought didn?t exist.
    Leia shook her head and sat down close to one of the big trees that stood in the Ewok Village. To her, it seemed that all her life had been a lie? everything that had always been told her? everything? didn?t make any sense now.
    It hadn?t been those of Luke?s words that had hurt her? No, to know she had a brother, that would never hurt her! It had been Luke?s next words that had made her feel? like she was feeling right now? terrible? sad? frustrated? with anger?
    Luke was Darth Vader?s son, which made her daughter of the Dark Lord of the Sith.
    She, Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan, was biologic daughter of that monster! That monster that had made her suffer so much and that had made suffer so many people, in the galaxy. Leia shook her head, once again. The simple thought of being daughter of that mean and dark creature? she couldn?t breathe.

She had always known that she was adoptive daughter of the Organas. However, she had never understood the entire secrecy around her adoption? but now, she understood it! She looked away and shook her head, frustrated. The entire secrecy had a reason? her adoptive parents didn?t want anyone finding out that she was daughter of Padmé Amídala and of (now, she knew) Anakin Skywalker, who had become Darth Vader. And if Vader had found out she was his daughter? he would have? he would have killed her, for sure.

But what Leia didn?t understood and what infuriated Leia more, was the fact that no-one had told her anything about her real parents? They should have told her? they should! It could have been a shock (as it had been, when Luke told her)? but at least, she would have known the truth!

Leia looked around her, once again, her eyes full of tears. She was Darth Vader?s daughter? the man who had tortured her in the Death Star, the man who had destroyed Alderaan, the man who had put Han in carbonite, the man who had cut off his own son?s hand? and the man who had destroyed her mother?s happiness? her real mother?s happiness.

?Now I know why she was like that. The man she loved? had become in a mean... and awful monster!? Leia thought. ?A machine?? she added.

Suddenly, Leia was reminded of another thing that Luke had told her. He had told her that he could feel good in Vader, that Luke would save him from the web of the Dark Side? Leia shook her head. If there was still good in Vader, he could certainly hide it very well.

?I hate him! ? Leia said, quietly.

She couldn?t avoid it! She hated him with all her strength and she would never forgive him for everything he had done? He had destroyed her life, he had destroyed everything she loved? her planet, her family, her friends?

No? Darth Vader wasn?t her father? Her real father had died four years ago, when the Death Star had destroyed Alderaan?

Darth Vader was nothing to her. Or perhaps, he was.
    To her, Darth Vader was nothing more than a killer.

2. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    :) That was a nice little viggie! Really showed Leia's thoughts.

:_| This line is just so..I don't know how to describe it. Shivers down my spine! Excellent.

And you're very welcome.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I agree, I thought the ending was very powerful! A wonderful peek into Leia's thoughts at this time.

How could she see him as anything else, especially at this point in her life? Great work!

4. luthyen

luthyen Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2004
    I just have to say, that it's great! =D= You're great :)

Keep the good work!! [face_batting]

5. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    This was such a chilling, powerful viggie. You captured Leia's confusion and emotions so well.

Great job!! :)

6. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Great job.

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very realistic, very well-done.

8. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003

Pelly: Thanks! :)

:_| This line is just so..I don't know how to describe it. Shivers down my spine! Excellent. - [face_blush] Thanks again!

VaderLVR64: Thank you so much! [face_blush] After write it, I thought this was a bit weird.. :p But I'm always pessimistic about my work... Glad you liked it! :)

luthyen: Thank you, hon!

Gina: Thank you very much [face_blush]

owphoenix: Thanks! :D

DarthIshtar: Oh.. Ish... thank you [face_blush]

Thank you all for reading and for your comments.. I really appreciate them! :)

9. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
  10. Miladry

Miladry Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2003
    Wow! That was... so powerfull!

This ending... wow! :eek:

Great job, as always ;)

11. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003

Miladry: Thank you so much! :)

12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great work! You captured Leia's feeling perfectly. I love the duality of theis fic. Leia is happy that she has a brother, but horrified that Vader is her father.

13. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    Ohhh, nice, Laya!! :)

14. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003

JediMaster_Jen: Thank you [face_blush]

HerHighness33: Thanks! :D

15. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Powerful viggie LaYa Leia's emotions are well portrayed but I hope she finds that anger will never get her anywhere

16. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Great viggie, LaYa! It's a good look at Leia's horror and confusion after she learns the truth. I do hope she would be able to get past these emotions eventually and find acceptance, perhaps even understanding and forgiveness, but it would be hard for her.

Kristeh

17. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    You've been nommed! :D Good job! And hope you'll get a price!

18. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003

Hananiah: Thank you! :)
    but I hope she finds that anger will never get her anywhere - Yes, I guess she finds that, later. I think, after knowing all the truth, she was feeling anger.. which I suppose, is normal. But after some time, I guess she'll not be like she was thinking before (ah.. you gave me an idea! [face_idea] ) .

kristeh: First of all, thanks for reading. I'm really honored! [face_blush] And second, thank you for your comments ;)

Pelly: It seems so [face_mischief] But I doubt I'll win something :p

19. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Nicely done. :D

~Lelila @};-

20. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003

jedi-lelila: Thank you! :D

21. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Oooooooo! I like it!!! Leia's thoughts seemed to me exactly what she would have thought in the movies!

22. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Nice job, LaYa_! You captured Leia's thoughts really well.

23. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003

Laura_Anu: Thanks!

amidalachick: Thank you [face_blush]

24. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Great work! :) I loved how even the truth doesn't bring fogiveness. Wonderful.

25. VadersMiharu

VadersMiharu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2004
    Great vignette! The end is very intense!

Very well done ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.