main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reflections of a Traitor- Jacen Solo Discussion Thread-Closing Shop!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by obi_ew, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    When I first read it bloodlines(I refuse to capitalize it) yelled out:
    "No, Jasa, you love Jaina kill her!"
    My friend about murdered me on the spot![face_beatup]

TWIN_SABER

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry this took so long for me to finally post. I've been thinking it for months :p Here you go [face_mischief]

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I thought the Bane book was very good. Enjoyed it a lot!

I guess I'm a little taken aback that so many seemed surprised that Jacen is turning into a Sith. He's Darth Vader's grandson. Even Luke turned toward the Dark Side for a time. Far from "ruining" his character for me, I've enjoyed watching the process. I don't think it ruined Anakin's character to turn him into Vader, in fact, I think I like the Sith more than the selfish young Jedi. :p

Anakin Skywalker was a great kid, too. He was kind and loving and generous. That meant exactly nothing once he turned Dark Side. Same with Jacen. No matter how his character appeared in the YJK books, he's matured and become a different person. That's what is supposed to happen when you grow up. His growth happens to be a dark direction, but it's growth nonetheless - maturity of a kind.

I think it would be MORE suprising to think that NONE of Vader's grandchildren would touch the Dark Side. That seems implausible to me. I've had trouble dealing with the fact that Mara and Luke can't sense that, but Yoda couldn't sense Palpatine's darkness either, so obviously the powers of the Dark Side can shield them from the Jedi. Their survival would depend on it.

If the tendency toward certain destructive behaviors can run in families (alcoholism for example) then why not a tendency toward the Dark Side? At this rate, Anakin's grandchildren are 1 for 4 for turning Dark. Not too bad, I suppose. ;)

Anyway, I guess it all comes down to the fact that I'm NOT surprised Jacen is turning. The Dark Side isn't going to just disappear.

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I'm going to shut this thread down and hope that someone else who loves this character will begin a new one in the near future. I simply don't have the time to maintain it the way it deserves to be. I also don't spend much time here anymore so I want to hand it over to someone else who does. Thanks to everyone who joined in the discussions. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.