main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Reflections of Darkness (Qui/Dooku) Co-written with Kynstar (Sequel) Completed 2/9!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe well he's yet to get 'drunk' so to speak ;) though he has gotten awful close hehehe He's been using the Force to push the toxins away. And that last post, well he didn't have all that much to drink left hehehehe

He's taking the easy way out, hopefully he'll snap out of it and realize that the taste of wine ain't gonna push his 'failings' away.

2. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Hehhe, Jedi "children" and their exercises. :D :D
    Liked how you wrote this embarrassing situation, everyone had to blush. [face_blush] [face_laugh]

Poor Qui back to essays. :( :D

Great post!

3. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Dooku's teasing of Qui was hilarious you two! [face_laugh] I think I was blushing for all of them. This is just too much fun. Qui and Tahl were so cute together and Dooku and Jo were too. ;)

Oh I hope Dooku can regain his happiness. He does have a way to go, but he's got some good friends here. :D

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    jeday Glad you enjoyed it :D We had fun with that post LOL. Yep back to the books -- Qui has slacked off ALL day. Bad Qui ;) Thanks for reading!

tangled_sphere Dooku has a ways to go before he regains his true happiness but he is making progress :) We're glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading!

The week passed much too quickly for Qui-Gon as he struggled to finish up all his work. Dooku had been even more distant after the day where he had spent all evening with Jo. He deduced that the meditations with the Councilors were not going well. Thus Qui-Gon sat in his room, still several pages short on several of his assignments and he swore looking at the chrono.

"Sithspit." He ran a hand through his short hair in frustration.

He'd stayed up almost all night several days that week while Dooku was in and out of their apartment and the master seemed to sleep even less than his apprentice. He knew Dooku would not be happy to find he wasn't finished. His mouth tightened into a thin line. I would have been finished on time if he hadn't doubled all of my assignments.

Dooku had avoided most everybody he knew and unfortunately that included his Padawan. His anxieties were eating at him as he constantly fretted at why things were not working out. Master Rhy'ul had mentioned that it was due to himself not allowing things to work out. The regal Master snorted at that as he walked toward the quarters he shared with his apprentice. It was shortly past the midnight hour and the deadline for his probation had ended and the essays that he had assigned to Qui-Gon were due.

He paused at the door as he read the nameplate off to the left of their doorway. Dooku/Jinn .

Eyeing the names sent dread through him. He knew that if things did not turn around soon, he might lose his apprentice...let a lone his own self. His dark brows scrunched together. Myself? He swallowed heavily as realization hit him. A conversation he had with his old Master back in his Padawan days filtered through his conscience once more.

"What are we, think you, Dooku?" The old Master had asked on different occasions and the promising Padawan had answered each time with different options over the years, but finally the true answer had hit the young Dooku - "In the end, what we are is: alone."

Dooku's breath caught in his throat as the memory played out. Though each answered question had been over a period of time, he had finally answered correctly. At least correct enough for the little Master's approval.

Alone...I am destined to be alone. Tears misted in his eyes as his heart clinched tightly, causing his chest muscles to spasm.

Pushing the depressing thought away angrily, he opened the door and walked to his apprentice's doorway with a scowl still on his pale and wearied face.

"Qui-Gon...have you finished the essays?" His voice was slightly hoarse as he tried to keep his turmoil of emotions under wrap.

Qui-Gon's stomach tightened into a hard knot even as he forced himself to answer his teacher. He hung his head, wondering what Dooku would say to him when he admitted that he hadn't finished. "No, Master," he forced out. "I'm still several pages short on more than one," he said as he stared at the ground.

Dooku's first reaction was to demand why, but he stopped himself as several thoughts filtered through his mind. I allowed him the time with that girl...and he repays me with this? Not getting his work done? His face flushed as his eyes flashed. Though his demeanor echoed his rising anger, his voice was low and steeled. "No?"

Qui-Gon felt his teacher's rising anger and swallowed hard. He stood from his desk and looked into his teacher's eyes. "No, Master. I did my best to hurry, but I didn't finish."

The Master's jaw tensed further, but the voice remained the same as an eyebrow cocked upward. "Have you? I would have thought a week would have been plenty." He clasped his hands behind his back, rising to his full height as he continued to stare into the blue eyes of hi

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Man, and I thought my professors were psycho. Glad to see them free of their libidos and fully angstified.

6. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    The sleep of the Master was filled with darkness and nightmares, all which ended with his old Master, Jocasta, or Qui-Gon?s deaths. A muffled "No" could be heard every so often as the man curled up even more as he tried to flee his troubled dreams.

Oh no! Poor Dooku. I hope there will be more soon.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    VERY interesting post! I felt almost sorry for Dooku here (and that is really hard for me to do!).

Eyeing the names sent dread through him. He knew that if things did not turn around soon, he might lose his apprentice...let a lone his own self. His dark brows scrunched together. Myself? He swallowed heavily as realization hit him. A conversation he had with his old Master back in his Padawan days filtered through his conscience once more.

My favorite passage, it really stood out for me.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow, you ladies are so quick I find myself behind at every turn.

Almost feel sorry how Dooku is trying to drown himself in drinking... he should know it's not good. Can he get any more creepier??? I thought no, but you two are proving me wrong.

Lovely posts.

9. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Woww, Dooku scares me. :(
    Qui better gets his work done. [face_worried]

10. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Qui-Gon get away from him! Just turn around & run as fast as you can! [face_worried]

11. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Wow! I didn't think I was that far behind, but I think I've just about missed everything :(

Qui-Gon flinched at Dooku's harshness wondering what he'd done wrong. He lowered his eyes. "I've got an essay for the Council still left to do."

I knew there had to be essays in the future somewhere ;) and of course it only got worse after that :eek:

It has definitely been a roller coaster ride so far and especially with this last post as we watched Dooku continue to struggle against his seduction, very visceral and haunting to say the least.

And poor Qui-Gon :(
    Unable to see his Master/mentor/father figure like this without wanting to reach out and help and damn the consequences.

Uh-oh, I had a sudden bizarre visual where Dooku has to enter a 12-step program for darksiders - sleep, definitely need sleep 8-}

Great job!
    Rogue

PS: And it seems that Arkansas is a popular place as we were there over New Year's as well :D

12. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Hooray! An update! Poor Dooku! :(

Love the direction this story is taking!

13. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    DarthIshtar Count your blessings eh? They could be like Dooku :p Thanks for reading!

AnakinsHeir Poor Dooku? What about Qui? :p He was nearly given the beating of his life -- but the meditations with the Councilors have obviously had some impact on him because he resisted this time :) Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR Glad you liked that bit! I'm sure my padawan is thrilled that you feel sorry for Dooku :p I've been feeling more for qui than for him lately ;) Thanks for reading!

Healer_Leona He's trying to numb his problems and Jedi can use the Force to push toxins out of their system but you're right he should be meditating and not drinking. I'm glad you're still with us thanks for reading!

jeday Dooku scares me too :p I'm not sure how Qui put up with it ;) thanks for reading :D

LilQui-Gon You know Qui-Gon wouldn't do that -- too loyal for his own good. Thanks for reading :)

Rogue There you are! Been wondering about you. Yep Qui had a ton of work to do ;) 90 pages ;)

Uh-oh, I had a sudden bizarre visual where Dooku has to enter a 12-step program for darksiders - sleep, definitely need sleep

[face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh]

That would be a trip! Interesting humor bunny there :p

AnakinsHeir Replied twice I see! Thanks we're glad you like how it's flowing :) More to come shortly!

14. Layren

Oct 28, 2003

Light snoring could be still heard coming from the floor of Qui-Gon's sleep room. The tension had finally eased out of the Master after about two hours of sleeping. The whimpering had ceased as well, just the snores were the only thing audible now.

Qui-Gon sighed as he heard light snoring coming from his bedroom. Dooku had finally fallen into a deeper sleep. A knock at the door was heard and he stood to go answer it. "Master Yoda.' he said as he bowed.

Yoda nodded slightly as he hobbled past the Padawan. "Disturbance I felt...happen something has?"

Qui-Gon bowed his head slightly and nodded once. He pointed to his bedroom. "But he should tell you. He fell asleep on my floor."

Ears perked up as the little Master walked a little to be able to see passed the couch. Spying his old apprentice curled up in the dark robe, the long ears drooped.

"Go you should, talk with him I will. Hurt are you?" The green eyes softened as worry lines added to the present wrinkles on the small Jedi's face.

Qui-Gon hesitated before he shook his head negative. "No. I just wish I could help him. He's trapped within himself."

"Being there for him, helps it does." The old Master reached out and with his three fingered hand, patted the Padawan's arm gently. "His light you are, told me he has. Go now, talk with him I will."

Qui-Gon smiled sadly. "Thank you, Master Yoda. Where should I go?"

"Hmmm doing studies are you? Archives go you can."

Qui-Gon bowed. "Yes, Master Yoda." he gathered his books and went to the archives, remembering his teacher's anger, wishing he could help.

The older Jedi watched as Qui-Gon left. Once the door closed, the ears drooped further as he turned his attention back to his old Padawan.

Hobbling the rest of the way to the younger Master, Yoda sighed. It nearly broke his heart to see his pride and joy hurting so much. Long way still to go...faith hold on to I will. In the Force I trust.

Kneeling down besides the sleeping Master, Yoda pushed the long strands of hair away from Dooku's tear stained face.

His chest clinched, as he shook his head. Saddened am I, to see you fallen so. Faith in the Force, lost you have. Important most of all, faith in yourself, lost you have.

Dooku felt warmth touching his face, caressing his cheek softly. Grunting under his breath, he opened his eyes and looked into the eyes of his old Master. His breath caught as he felt the emotions of sadness, worry, caring, and loving pooling of the old Master.

"Worried about you I have been. Felt a disturbance I did so come to see you immediately I did. Floor is not good place for sleeping, my Padawan." Yoda said gently.

Dooku swallowed heavily as he nodded and moved to get off the floor. His old Master was the last person he had expected or wanted to see right now.

Once he was up, he knelt before the little Jedi, head bowed. "I'm sorry to have disturbed whatever you were doing, Master."

"Not a problem was it. Knew that need comfort you would. Here for you, I am," The wizened teacher said gently.

Dooku raised his head a little and looked through his bangs. He had forgotten to put the clip on to hold them back earlier.

Brown eyes meet green once more as Yoda pushed the hair away once again.

"It hurts...I nearly gave in. The Darkness just grabbed me. I..I didn't even feel it until it was too late! I nearly succumbed to its taunting...nearly gave in to beat my Padawan." The younger Master stuttered as a tremor went through his body. "I barely was able to push him away...it hurt to push the Darkness back! It never leaves me...its always there. The whispering is driving me mad!" His head bowed once more as he grasped it with his hands.

Yoda put a hand on his Padawan's back. "That is why warned about darkness are all Jedi. Destroys you from the inside out, the darkness will. Wish this upon anyone I would not."

"How can I permanently send it away? I can't keep this up, Master. I thought it was gone...I thought we had worked it out..." Dooku's voice took on a lost and confuse

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay, the stupid essays that i thought were rather pointless are finally finished! Dooku has serious issues with comforting, but i'm glad yoda our friend was around.

16. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Loved the battle with the darkside on the previous post. Dooku is definitely struggling with himself and you guys did a great job describing it!

Poor Dooku, he really needed help and his Master was there for him and believes in him. Glad Qui is finally done and it looks like Dooku is off probation- liked that scene where he looks at his name on the door and wonders if he will lose everything.

Hope Dooku can continue to fight the darkness and doesn't try to do it all alone! I can see serious consequences in that!

Great job you two.

17. Mers_Nalk

Mers_Nalk Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2004
    Hey Layren have to say I'm really enjoying this story your characters are spot on and it is a wonderful concept I can't wait till ur next post

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Layren, I've had a violin teacher who was like dooku, including the beating. That guy terrified me.

19. Mers_Nalk

Mers_Nalk Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2004
    Ishtar I'm sorry to hear bout your violin teacher you sure have put him back in his place that is no way to treat a lady

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, i had him starting when I was 10 and didn't know how to defend myself or even knew that it was wrong, just wondered why my sister, who also took from him, never had bruises on her arms or came back from lessons crying. My parents didn't notice and I was scared to say anything.

21. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey Mers_Nalk! Glad you are enjoying my take on Dooku ;)

Wow DarthIshtar...you actually had a guy like this as a teacher? That's sad :( wonder if he was as torn on the inside though? Cuz that's what's wrong with Dooku - he's allowing everything to stay inside and not working it out fully. Violin is fun :) Got one and can play some... though it's been years since I've done it...

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, I bet he had serious issues. But I have serious aversion to him. My highschool violin teacher wanted me to play exercize books that he had written and couldn't understand why I had this really big opposition to that series of books. I, of course, was scared to death of her for the first 2 years because she was this really strict Hungarian who thought I had learned everything wrong, so I thought, after having this one guy, that if I didn't do it her way, I'd get hit. I've been doing violin since I was 3, so 21 years now. I've got screwed up back, arthritis, etc. from doing it, but I still love it. And most of the back problems are from when I switched to viola 8 years ago.

23. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh my gosh, Ish, that is so scary. I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're still playing, and that he didn't mess that up.

24. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Alright, on to the second one! :p

Yay for Kyran and Tahl remembering it's Qui's birthday! And yay for Master Yoda letting Dooku send a message.

bad Dooku for being rude! Respect Yoda you should!

Scrubbing bathroom floors would really suck.

"Yes I think a shower would be in order unless you want to meditate later smelling like that," He said with a cheeky grin.

Dooku actually paused in mid step. "You know...I am pondering on that. Perhaps then Master Rhy'ul will not want to meditate with me again. THAT I would like."

Qui-Gon laughed aloud. "Yes well he'd just cover his nose and pretend that he could use the Force to help with the stench," his eyes sparkled as he looked at his teacher.

[face_laughing]

Somehow, Rhy'ul makes me laugh and glare at the same time... don't ask me why, lol.

Ooookay... Dooku's going a bit over the top here about Qui writing an essay... Really over the top...

*snifs* Poor QUi! He has to write 90 sithing pages in what was it? Two weeks? *winces*

*sighs* Like i said... poor Qui!

*glares at Dooku* Bad Dooku! Slapping Qui-Gon! Bad Boy!

*cries* Jocasta!! You're the one person who can slap him back into place and you didn't! *sighs* Oh well.

*snickers* Ooooo... bad Qui and Tahl... Tsk tsk, what would their masters say? Oh wait! *snickers again* Tsk tsk to Jo and Dooku too.... But then again, like you said Layren, the apple never falls far from the tree. :D

The post on 1/8 really made me laugh. It made me laugh really really hard. Which was good.

But the next post... we're back to bad Dooku. Very bad Dooku. I'm telling you, the man really really needs to take anger mangement classes!!!

And Grrr... making Qui work so hard on those sithing essays that he collapses once done!

And I'm done for now, :p (Psst, Layren, hope it's long enough, lol) Great job so far you two! I'm looking foward to the next post!

~Jenn

25. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Wow - Dooku had quite a battle with the darkside there. I'm glad he didn't beat Qui and that Yoda came to him. Things are still a real big mess though. :(

And now, Qui is sick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.