main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reflections on SWNX the morning after...

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by TFS, Jun 4, 2017.

1. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    My leg muscles informed me this morning that they were off-duty today after the abuse I inflicted on them yesterday, so I figured since I would be seated all day it was a good time to post some brief, personal, reflections...

It was a remarkable experience and a great testament to the hard work so many put in to make the event an unparalleled success. These are just my personal thoughts and I'm hesitant to name names because surely I'll omit someone, but I must commend Bryan first and foremost for his masterful writing, directing and producing. So too should Larry be commended for all of his behind-the-scenes work that in my view was the glue that held everything together. Our fearless leaders, Anna and Chris, as always were our driving force moving the whole event forward from start to finish and covering details most of us wouldn't have thought of in a million years. I would be remiss if I did not also mention Dan for the massive job of "birthing" Jabba, and Mary and Danny for shepherding Han in Carbonite from flimsy plastic form into museum-quality prop. Many, many others contributed. I guess I could just start going down the roster, but suffice it to say that SWNX was the North Ridge at its finest.

On the more personal side, I am always grateful for the opportunity to be able to be part off all that went on. Y'all gave me the chance once again to be a hero to my grandkids and a source of amazement to my sons and daughters-in-law. For at least one day a year they get to see the old man doing something other than just being the old man!

As some may know, last year I was elected (for lack of a better term) as Fire Team Echo Squad Leader within the Rebel Legion's Echo Base. Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought I would actually get to lead these good friends into battle in front of all those people. It was a dream come true, made all the more special by being mowed down by Darth Vader. How many people get to put that in their life's resume?

So, I say... Well done, fellow members of the North Ridge! You done good and it'll be fun to see how you top this next year!

BPStoyle, iamkrob, myhale99 and 7 others like this.
  2. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Couldn't have said it better, Tom.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

3. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Tom, thank you for the kind words. Now I can't get the image of "me birthing Jabba" out my head, so thanks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamkrob and myhale99 like this.
  4. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    LOL I could add to that...but I won't!

Rock Nightshifter likes this.
  5. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    12 images from Star Wars Night[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And one word... Awesome!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using a hacked pirate satellite in a decaying orbit

Mordenkainen44 and TFS like this.
  6. Mordenkainen44

Mordenkainen44 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
    You snagged one of the Death Star hats?!?!.?? Very jealous! Looks sweet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

quigonschuel likes this.
  7. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Yeah, I saw it ands it seemed appropriate, I got the BB-8 as well...

iamkrob and quigonschuel like this.
  8. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
  9. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    SWNX + Old arthritic RFT = Torn hamstring, strained tibial collateral ligament, scary deep bruising :_| ...

Above formula results in RFT's ol' lady declaring, "I hope you learned your lesson!" [face_laugh]

[​IMG]

11. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Holy Cow Tom! Do you need surgery for the Hamstring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    Fortunately, no. The knee surgeon said it will heal on its own in time with rest, ice and compression. What scared me the most was the massive bruising that didn't appear until five days after SWN. The doc said that muscle tears like that bleed like crazy, but it too will go away eventually.

13. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Seriously bad news, Tom! We'll have to find some more sedate ways for you to die next year! [face_beatup]

14. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015

How about during the "Meet and Greet"? :)

15. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Do we need to break out the saw, all Civil War style Tom, or are you going to pull through? :p

16. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    Like in Dances With Wolves, I just cut off my boot, wrapped up my wounds and rode off to fight another day.

17. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

quigonschuel likes this.