main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reflective Naboo Royal Starship

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by HenrikSolberg, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HenrikSolberg

HenrikSolberg Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Can anyone tell me how I can make the Naboo Royal Starship from SciFi3d reflective as in the movies?

2. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Um.. turn on reflections?

Seriously, that's all there is to it, really.. make it reflective, just as you would any other reflective surface, and give it something to reflect. Done.

3. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Some people just use an image as a reflective map or render an image of the scene without the craft and use that as a reflective map.

But... none of those materials for the Royal Naboo craft on the site were really setup properly. I also wish we had that really big one you see in EP2 also.

4. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
  5. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    alex lindsay, the man who actually did all this ships in EP. I has some tutorials explaining kind of how to do this over at his website www.dvgarage.com he cant give specifics about the ship tho

6. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Can someone explain to me what is dvgarage? is it a program someone invented? is it just a website with tutorials? what?

7. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    There's a bar at the top of your browser that should say "Address" next to it. Type in the following: http://www.dvgarage.com, then press the "Enter" key. All your questions will be answered.

8. Olen_Garn

Olen_Garn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
  9. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Very funny...there is also a little "X" button on the top right of your window...press it.
    =)

10. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    I don't know. I think maybe it is a name they use for a package of software you can buy too. Either way... like everybody is saying.. just visit the site. The link was already posted long ago.

11. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Thanks Zoo
    ~Rory

12. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    Actually, no it's not.. DV Garage is just the name of the company and the site. Their software packages are separately named, usually with "Toolkit" in it somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.