main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Refresher course...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by GeekGoddess, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    There's an idea floating around about having a get-together to watch Episodes I & II before Ep. III (maybe even watch all the "Clone Wars" too)

I guess the main questions are:

Who would like to do this?
    Who has enough room and is willing to host it?
    When would be a good day/time?

I'd like to do this, and I think the Saturday or Sunday before opening (May 14/15) would be the best days.

I would host it too, if it weren't for the fact that my entire apt is only 15x30. *good thing I'm not claustrophobic*

So what do Y'all say?

2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Ponder this, we shall...

and talk about it here and at the GM.

:)

3. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    UMMMMM.....Good idea this is. Bring chicks, you must...preferable single they be.

hep hep

Edric-The-White

4. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Sorry Hon, All my Girlfriends are currently attached. You'll just have to make do with me. :p ;) *giggle*

5. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    ^^Geekgoddess,

You sound pretty cool, so I guess that is fine. Of course, I'm a crazy Amateur Actor/Oil Painter, so I might be kind of difficult to deal with.

Are you at the GM this Saturday? I'll remember to use cologne. :)

Peace,

Edric-The-White

6. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Well, I'm an outspoken Pagan Red-Head, so I think I'll be able to cope. ;)
    And yes, I'll be at the GM.

Red

P.S. - Easy on the fragrance. *giggle*

7. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    "I'm an Outspoken Pagan Red Head"

Cool, I look forward to hearing about it.

I'll go easy on the "smelly stuff".

Will it impress you if I use my English Accent like I use on the TV show? Actually, I do need to get some practice being British in before my next appearance.

Want to get some Tea, Earl Grey, Hot, before or after?

Peace,

Edric-The-White

8. Y2Jedi

Y2Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2001
    Hmm. This is a good idea. I have some room, but I'm not sure exactly how much room we're talking about. I had about a dozen people here for Wrestlemania. It was a tight fit, but it worked. So, how many are we expecting?

9. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    I just set up a poll to get an idea of how many and when.

10. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Just kind of thinking about the current "roster," and I think we will be around 8-12 or so people that would show up(kind of a guess). So, good guess Y2Jedi :)...but I'm not volunteering you, let's see what the interest is.

Personally, I think it is a great idea. I will vote on my day soon. I'll have to check my schedule.

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Edric-The-White posted on 4/7/05 4:09pm

Will it impress you if I use my English Accent like I use on the TV show? Actually, I do need to get some practice being British in before my next appearance.

[hr][/blockquote] Wanna fight as to who's got the Englishest English Accent? :p

12. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Chatted with Y2J the other day. Turns out I work over by where he lives, so we're gonna set up a time for me to come over and check the place out to make sure it'll be accomodating for 8-12.

So, if it is large enough, who's bringing the movies?
    Do you have a DVD player Y2J?
    Also, are we wanting a "bring your own munchies" thing, or order pizzas/drinks?
    (Sorry, the anal-retentive organizational phreak Virgo in me takes over from time-to-time and I tend to get a bit detail oriented.)
    Oh, and I call Dibs on the BeanBag! :D ;)

Red

13. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I'll bring my movies (DVDs). Someone else will want to bring Clone Wars...perhaps the season 1 DVD, but I will bring my VHS just in case.

I'm flexible on the eats thing...it may be a good idea for everyone to bring their fave drinks/chips and then order pizza or something, heck we can buy some decent frozen ones for all I care (Jack's/Tombstone).

Speaking of details...Y2J, I'm going to need TV size and audio set up. :)

What does everyone else think?

14. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    I have season 1 on DVD as well as a DVD+R version of Chapters 21 -25. The only thing is, the latter, for some reason, only runs on my DVD Recorder. My other DVD player can't read it. So, that may be a problem.

Peace,

ETW

15. Y2Jedi

Jan 9, 2001
    If it helps, I have DVD accessible systems (Xbox/PS2). I have Ep I and Ep II on DVD. And I have the Clone Wars Season 1 DVD. So really all we need is the Clone Wars Season 2. That is, assuming it'll be here. Here as in my place. Not here as in on the boards. Cause that'd be silly. And difficult.

16. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    I wouldn't mind hosting it where we had the post midnight madness/collecting get together, which was my the Mrs parents house. 5 members can attest to the size of the finished basement and it has a huge wrap around couch and recliner. Plus we have extra chairs.

Problem is the TV is only a 27" and its not hooked up to a stereo. (Though I may be able to hook up my gf's nephews stereo to it.)

What do you all think?

17. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    SHI- I mean rats, I lost my post :p

Anyway, I have a 2.0 version of EPI if we don't have a 5.1 system. I'm in favour of Turonis or Kiplees or, um, really anybody else :p

I'm also in favour of bringing our own snacks as well.

I might be short on cash though.

18. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    I checked out Y2Jedi's place Friday. I think there should be enough room for 8-12 of us. Would help if you had a folding camp chair to bring for seating, cause right now he only has 1 couch that can seat 3 (4 if you don't mind getting cozy with your neighbor), 1 folding camp chair, and a bean bag. I have 2 folding camp chairs, and there is also plenty of floor space, and he has a decent entertainment center. Plus his place is extremely easy to find.

So, who wants to go in on a beef/bacon/green olive/ham pizza with me? ;)

19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Are you sure one of the few girls in the group wants to suggest getting cozy with your neighbour on the couch? :p

Because you'll be volunteered for that position :p

EDIT: every time I click this thread I keep expecting the EU definition of refresher, and I think "I hope we've all been toilet trained by now" :p

20. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Sorry, I already got dibs on the Bean Bag... remember (see up a few posts) :p

EDIT: And o.k., I know I'm prolly gonna be sorry for this, but what is the EU definition?

21. Y2Jedi

Jan 9, 2001
    Small problem. I have to go home on Sat the 14. We can do it another day, or we can move it to someone else's place on the 14.

22. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    *looks at Michael* Think you'll be well enough and the Mrs.'s mom will be ok with us congregating at her place again for like 8 hours?

23. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    This is just a thought but is there any place in E'ville, like a restaurant, that has a party room with a big screen?

24. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Not without paying an arm and a leg for it, plus buying the meals (plus the automatic gratuity). At least none that I know of...

25. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I agree about the restauraunt thing...good idea, but cost prohibitive.

We do need to line this out because our GM will be (short) that day too...wherever we have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.