Mary Regal Centre at Salisbury 10- midnight showing

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by CodeName_Targeter, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    Just found this out and I'm officially really really excited about all this. I don't know if any of you guys are in my area, but there's going to be a midnight showing at the Centre at Salisbury Mall.

If anyone wants to see this, let me know, because I'm trying to convince my parents to allow me to go.
  2. Jedi_Insurance_Guy Force Ghost

star 5
    Boo Salisbury! :p

Actually, I'm not going to be down in the 'bury that night, so I'll probably be watching it up in Bel Air at midnight.

However, if I wander down that way, I'll let you know.
  3. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    Well I'm on the Shore and since Crown Theatres XI Annapolis is sold out, Salisbury is a possibility. What's the theater like?
  4. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    Erm, define "what's the theatre like". :p There's two larger screens which I can only assume they'll be playing ROTS on at least one of them. I don't expect too big of a crowd, though I could be wrong about that.
  5. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a dump, or super-small, etc. In other words, to make sure it's a good place to see a Star Wars movie in.
  6. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, it's always worked for me, lol. :p
  7. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    OK, sounds good. I've got 2 friends going with me to wherever, I'll check with them and let you know. Thanks for the info!
  8. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    OK, tickets purchased (online). Can you give us directions on how to get from Rt 50 into the parking lot - or is there a direct exit for that on 50? (We're be coming from Easton.)
  9. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    Erm... *tries to think* Sorry, I'm horrible at directions... Let me think about this... Have to remember which one is Rt 50..
  10. Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Padawan

A little rusty with directions, but they are relatively simple. Take 50 East til you hit Rt.13 and take it north. The mall will be on your right. There are two 13s and i get them confused, but i know both 13Ns will get you there, just one may take a little longer since you go thru "downtown" Salisbury. Th eother dumps you just south of the mall and you can actaully see it from the highway as you pass over/by it. Sorry it has been a while since i drove there, my granparents live north of the mall on 13 and have gone by to visit.
  11. Jedi_Insurance_Guy Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm from the Salisbury area, and Sirrah's got the directions pretty much correct.

You want to take the RT50 Bypass (NOT business!), though, and get off at the RT13N exit, which will dump you right out at the mall.
  12. Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Padawan

Thanks
    i lived there for about a year and a half, before the bypass was done, and my Mom and grandparents are still there.
  13. Jedi_Insurance_Guy Force Ghost

star 5
    Cool! I grew up in Snow Hill, which is about 20 miles southeast of the 'bury. I went to SSU (well, SU now). Most of my family still lives on the Eastern Shore.
  14. Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Padawan

I went when it was still SSU (what did they take a page from Towson's book and drop the State?) for a few semesters. i worked for Callcentre Services when i was there. Was a little too sedate for my tastes.
  15. Jedi_Insurance_Guy Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, it will always be SSU to me. They did drop the "State", much like Towson and Frostburg, in order to attract more outside investment. The logic is that if the "state" is not in the name, investors won't realize that it's a state school, and therefore they'll attract more investors. Wierd logic, if you ask me, but whatever. I was there from '96 to '00, which was the last year is was SSU.

I enjoyed it alot. It was a bit sedate.........unless you knew the right people. Trust me, I don't ever remember being bored, especially my last two years there.
  16. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    Wow, thanks to everybody for the directions!

BTW I've got you all beat, it was "Salisbury State" in my day or, as everyone referred to it, "Strawberry Steak". :D
  17. Jedi_Insurance_Guy Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, it was Salisbury State in my day, too. But we called it "Salisbury Steak".
  18. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    Ah but it was Salisbury State College in my time (back when the Earth was young).
  19. Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Padawan

backfired for SSU as much as it did TSU? i was at SSU in '93-'94. i went to ASU for a year, then TSU. i had some good party friends when i was at SSU, but it never amountee to much. i was kinda metal, industrial, goth and not too man y people into that scene. After i left, i remember getting ticked cause White Zombie came and played. Before then it was always Gospel and COuntry. :p
  20. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    Gosh, I'm surrounded by old people! :p :p
  21. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    Sort of what I felt like in Indy in reverse. The only guy my age was the Episode 4 Obi-Wan lookalike. :D

22. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    Just curious, is anybody lining up at this theater Weds night?

23. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    I was planning on it, but my parents are on the verge of not letting me go to the midnight premier now. I'll let you know if I can go or not.
  24. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    We probably won't get there until fairly close to showtime; the plan is to have a late dinner first.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.