main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Regal Cinemas to get rid of "Violent Games"

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Megatron_Omega, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megatron_Omega

Megatron_Omega Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2003
    Red this press release from Regal Entertainment Group teh gist of it is that the company is getting rid of what they consider violent video-games or games that are based or show illegal activity. I checked with a friend of mine that works for one of the Knoxville area theaters and he said that the Star Wars games are on the chopping black because of the player having to shoot stormtroopers/tie-fighters and a support the idea of rebeling against lawful authority. What BS, I knew Regal was going PC, but this is just plan over the top.

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Okay, that's going a bit too far, in my humble opinion.

3. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Oh dear. Seems we may have to get out our old Atari games. Pong, anyone?

4. Megatron_Omega

Megatron_Omega Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2003
    *Looks at original post and shakes head*

This is what you get for posting when you're sick as a dog and have about 4 or 5 doses of NyQuill (sp?) in your system. Talk about typo city LOL

Anyway, talked to my friend some more. Basically Regal is trying to present a more "family friendly" image in the hope they can boost saging attendance numbers. I wonder if they're going to get rid of all "R" rated movies next. It'd be kinda of hypocritical of them to say you can't play violent games but you can watch violent movies.

Here's another question: if one of their beefs is that Star Wars games protray the illegal activity of uprising against lawful authority, doesn't that mean they shouldn't be showing any movie that protrays the American Revolution since that was a uprising against lawful authority, or any movie detailing the civil rights movment? Extereme examples, to be sure, I'm just applying their own rules to different situtations is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.