main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Regarding Redundant Threads?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthRuss, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013

Mods are only humans. People are always disagreeing on what is "Off-Topic" and what is "On-Topic." The definition and meaning behind what or who are trolls is a matter of debate as well. People say different things about these things and the mods are not always going to be perfect at knowing what is off topic or not. Not all rabbit trails are bad. Some things are related subjects. Some things are talked about for the use of analogies and parallels and comparisons and illustrations and examples. I compare the force to the fairy dust of Peter Pan. I would not call Peter Pan off topic if I had a point t to get across.

2. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    One mans redundant and boring thread, is another mans thread he would post in and follow.:)

Perhaps threads should be allowed to die off on there own, like they do on other forums.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    So if I want to make a post about redundant threads should I do it here or create a new thread?

4. DarthRuss

DarthRuss Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2004
    Really?! Well that kind of sucks. Oh well.[face_blush]

5. DarthRuss

DarthRuss Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2004
    Not myth. Just a server change and yours truly not getting the update.

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Are you sure you have the right web site? These boards were hosted solely by IGN between 2001 and 2012. If something happened to your account, it definitely wasn't a server change.

If you want me to see if I can recover your old account, just PM me the info. If the username still exists, it can be recovered.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    2004 was roughly the time of WiseGate, if I recall the timing correctly, but that is about the extent of scandal on here in that span of time. Never a server change until the Great Pizza Party of 2012.