main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Regarding the EUC Starfighter Draft

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Corran-Horn, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    Those of you who have watched or participated in the Starfighter Draft here in the EUC have probably noticed that there's been a severe lack of Draft activity. For this I apologize, but there's not much I can do about it right now. I'm working two jobs and going to school, working towards graduating college.

I love my Draft; it's like my child. But the harsh fact is that I just don't have the time and energy to dedicate towards running the Draft.

Therefore, I will no longer be commissioning the Starfighter Draft. I know that people enjoy the game, so I'm not going to forbid anyone from running it from here on out. I would like to see a qualified person take over as Commissioner, someone who has experience in the game and knows how are handled. Instead of sending me a bunch of PMs, if you're interested in the position, go ahead and officially say so in the thread. Veterans of the Draft, and anybody who wants to participate can then decide whom will head the next Draft. Old game threads can be used to find the rules and all that good stuff. I'd like you to post in the thread because, again, I just don't get on that much any more.

Good luck to all of you, and thank you for making the Draft the success that it is.

On with the Draft!!

~Corran

2. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    We'll miss you and your man crush on Corran, man. :(

3. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I wish I'd been here longer, so I could have participated more, but you always did a good job, even at the end.

4. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    You will be sorely missed, and we can all understand time restraints. You've been a good commish, but as you have always said, on with the draft! On with the draft, indeed.

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    You will definately be missed as SFD Commish. Darth Real Life sucks, doesn't he?

I must say however, that your shovel will definately not be missed :p

6. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    Pfft. Nobody knows the shovel better than I. Perhaps all those blows to the head helped me win this last draft, though... [face_thinking]

7. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    I don't want to speak for anyone, but there has been some interest expressed in taking this over.. Is there anyone else who would be interested?

8. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I am interested in taking over (as I've said in the Draft thread), but if someone who's been here longer wants to do it then I won't mind:)

9. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Thank you for running this thing for so long-- you'll be missed!

10. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    You will be missed, but try to drop in if you can. Maybe when you come back I will have Carth up to a first rounder, lol.

And whoever wants to do it, as long as they think they have the time, can give it a try, I say

11. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    *waves good bye to the shovel*

We'll miss yah, Corran. :)

12. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Sorry to see you miss out on the Draft Corran-it won't be the same without the shovel.

13. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Wow, an era is ending. I was only in 1 SF draft Corran, but it was well run and very fun. The new commish has big shoes to fill, but I am sure Kyp is up to the challenge.

[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.