main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Regarding the line this weekend...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Kurgan1, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Okay boys and girls. This weekend, most of the staff and a good portion of members will be attending Celebration 2 in Indianapolis.

However, the lineup is still very much on while we are gone! But due to the absence of staff members, we need you guys to cover all the bases this weekend. Any time you can spend out there at the line between tomorrow (Thursday) night and Monday afternoon would be an enormous help.

Please try to keep in touch with each other and look after things at the campsite. We have a canopy standing for your convenience as well as our brand-spanking new banner that is hanging up above the canopy. Please keep an eye on these things.

The sign-up book is with the tables inside the theater. Most of you know where that is. And I want to stress to everyone that it is your responsibility to make sure you're logging your hours in that book. Obviously, a staff member cannot be there to approve the hours, but we're working to get someone that can approve them for you. And if not, just leave your hours logged and a staff member will approve it when we return.

Remember, we're raising money for charity out there so don't let an opportunity for a donation pass you by!

If everyone can just be out there as much as possible and just watch each other's backs, everything will be fine.

And if something big comes up that we need to know about, you can reach us at the hotel in Indianapolis.

Marriott North on Rivercrossing
    3645 River Crossing Parkway
    Indianapolis, IN 46240
    USA
    Phone: 1-317-705-0000
    Fax: 1-317-819-1099

The rooms are reserved in Brian Heiar's name (Nabooty Call here on the boards). So just ask for one of his rooms, and if no one's there, just leave a message.

Have fun this weekend, everyone!!! :)

2. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    we can't stress this enough, we need your help to make the line a charity raising success. so please make it a point to come and help out while we are away.

we'll be bringing back some "jorg sacul" figures and other C2 exclusives for prizes in our charity raffle, so you may be a lucky winner.

also, we'll be checking email so if you have problems let us know:

staff@dfwfanforce.net

thanks guys.
    ..............................stone

3. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    I'm going to spend the night Sat, and I'll be there for several hours Fri and sun night.

I'm going to be their after 8pm or earlier thurs and fri nights, but I wont be able to stay all night till sat.

Hope ya'll have a great time at Ceb2!!!

4. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Thanks, guys for posting this!

Car trouble got in my way this evening, though I was expecting it and took care of business fairly quickly...

Anyway, please use this thread to help coordinate the "holding down the fort" activities.

The tables need to be turned in either by 11:00 pm weeknights or 11:30 weekends. If you use the electrical cable, someone will also need to handle unplugging the second extension cord. Last weekend we did this after the final showing of LOTR, about 12:30 a.m.

Look out for each other, help get the word out about My Guardian Angel and the DLP that only the Legacy has, and above all else, have a great time! :)

See y'all Monday evening!

5. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Thanks Jarvis!!

I hope you guys have fun there at the line as well. Remember, it's your line too. :)

6. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    i'm about 95% sure i'm gonna get out there on sunday afternoon....do we have any plans to do anything besides sitting?

yah, have fun at c2 you guys!

7. Shy_Gon_Jin

Shy_Gon_Jin Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2001
    I will be out there is weekend.

Dennis

8. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    Elizabeth and I might be there this weekend...maybe

9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I can at least hold the fort down today after work (leaving early) until any nighter's show up.

I'll try to do some weekend time too but the boss is in charge of that... yes, the wife 8-}

10. Jedi_Jarvis

Feb 7, 2001
    I'm fixin to mosey out yonder way.

Hope someone will be their.

11. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    Guess we missed each other, I left a little after 7:00.
    One lady going into the movies asked us if we were seeing the preview screening.
    I said no and she whips out a pamphlet with the poster art on the cover as she walks by...
    was there some kind of Ep II screening at the Legacy tonight?

12. Jedi_Jarvis

Feb 7, 2001
    Yep, they screened it for the press tonight.

One guy walked out and said "You should have told us, I had two extra tickets!"

We said "yeah sure you did!" (He was trying to yank our chain)

I got to hear about one bar of a song about 20 min near the finale. I'd never heard that song, but its not surprising seeing how the soundtrack was barely half the films length.

Anyway, the best quote has to be from a guy who walked out before said 'ticket' guy.
    He said "Its worth your wait guys!"

Everyone who came out was VERY happy!!!

I so cant wait!!!!!!

13. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    Sweet!

I really wanted to stay long enough for those idiots to come out!!!

Good news though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.