main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Regarding Thrawn.....

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthWakka, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWakka

DarthWakka Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm reading Heir ot the Empire and i was just wondering if Thrawn's origin's are revealed, i mean ive never seen or heard anything about his race or anything.

2. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    He's a Chiss from the Unknown Regions who destroyed Outbound Flight after a VSD wandered in and got thrashed by Thrawn's little patrol boat group.

3. Histoire

Histoire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    He's Chiss and his real name his Mitth'raw'nuruodo. We know more about him in Hand of Thrawn duology

I think Chissdude could explain a lot about the Chiss

4. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    The most comprehensive summary of his origins can be found in Zahn's last Star Wars novel, Vision of the Future, which also identifies his species. Zahn's short stories Mist Encounter and Command Decision, written for the old Star Wars Adventure Journal, also give some information on his history.

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Yeah, Hes a chiss, from the Nurrondo family. He destroyed the outbound flight project and was exiled. He later is discovered by Voss Parck and forms a militry phelenxe.

6. DarthWakka

Mar 7, 2002
    Thanks guys, this book is great, and Thrawn is really cool. Event though SotE is my fav and Xizor is cooler....

7. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Books Thrawn in

Command Decision*
    Mist Encounter*
    Thrawn Trilogy
    Spector of the Past
    Vision of the Future
    Galaxy of Fear:The Swarm

*=short story...

8. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "Xizor is cooler...."

Finally someone who sees the truth. :D

9. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    And
    Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire

he was also in TIE Fighter game.

10. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    OT-
    By Grabthar's hammer, you shall be avenged!

Tha bad guys in that movie look like the Vong.

11. Histoire

Histoire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    No PrinceXizor, the coolest of all cool bad guys is ...........

Palpatine

Hé! Hé!

12. DarthWakka

Mar 7, 2002
    Histoire, I wouldnt nessicarily say that, but Xizor was trying to win Palpatine's favor so......

13. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    What did he do in that Galaxy of Fear book?

14. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    He was also in Sidetrip by Zahn and Stackpole.

15. Darth_Thrawn

Darth_Thrawn Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    since people have already explained about the chiss let me just say this. there is NO way Xizor is cooler then thrawn. although his pheremones would be real nifty to have ;)

16. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Actually, Xizor is a REPTILE, so he is naturally cooler than Thrawn, who is a nearhuman, and thus a MAMMAL.

17. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Captain Thrawn appears in The Swarm, A galaxy of fear book, adapted quite nicly for the modern EU if I must say so...

18. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Xizor is far better than Ubersmurf :)

19. Derek_Colze

Derek_Colze Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2002
    How could you people even BEGIN to think that Xizor is cooler than Thrawn!!!!!!!!! And now you speak of it outloud!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't even know where to start as far as showing how much cooler Thrawn really is!

20. Celina_Marniss864

Celina_Marniss864 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    Ok, while Xizor is--admitedly and literally--one of the cooler villains of the SWG, Thrawn (aka the Ubersmurf :D) is way cooler...or since that term has caused some confusion perhaps I should say "niftier."

Why?

1. He's blue! Ok, yeah, green's a great color, but it doesn't allow for all the humorous comparisons to characters from scary 80's cartoons! :D

2. He's a friggin' genius! Yeah, the X-man was pretty smart too, but could he have discovered the key to defeating an opponent by studying his artwork?? I don't think so!

3. He has a Star Destroyer! C'mon, ya can't possibly say the Virago is anywhere near as cool as the Chimaera.

4. Noghri. Yeah, sure, so they wound up stabbing him in the back--literally, but they *were* cool! Creepy, little killer alien commando dudes vs. human replica droid... Gee, wonder who'd win that one...

5. More power. Xizor=commander of Black Sun. Thrawn=commander of entire freakin' Empire!

And if this isn't enough to convince you of the Grand Admiral's superior coolness, I have more! :D Mwuahahaha... Man, it's really hard to write an evil, maniacal cackle...

21. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    No way Trioculus was the coolest villain.

"AND the Moffship Blunders on!"

22. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Actually, Xizor is a REPTILE, so he is naturally cooler than Thrawn, who is a nearhuman, and thus a MAMMAL.

Must explain why the last time we had a party, you walked into the beer fridge and went into a torpor.

It's true, Genghis and I found him hugging a keg of Bud.

23. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Shhhh ! You promised me not to tell anyone ! ;)

"1. He's blue! Ok, yeah, green's a great color, but it doesn't allow for all the humorous comparisons to characters from scary 80's cartoons!"

Okay, I grant you this point.

"2. He's a friggin' genius! Yeah, the X-man was pretty smart too, but could he have discovered the key to defeating an opponent by studying his artwork?? I don't think so!"

So what ? Xizor's a mastermind at organizing galaxy wide plots to his advantage. And don't tell me he wasn't very successful because he was killed by Vader... Or do you want me to remind you of the 'so artistically done thing' ?

"3. He has a Star Destroyer! C'mon, ya can't possibly say the Virago is anywhere near as cool as the Chimaera."

Yeah, you should try to compare the Death Star to a land speeder... Yup, the DS is wayyyyy cooler. Have you ever seen the Vendetta, Xizor's flagship ? Nope. At least it's a custom ship, he doesn't use the same thing as a 10000 other Imperial commanders.

"4. Noghri. Yeah, sure, so they wound up stabbing him in the back--literally, but they *were* cool! Creepy, little killer alien commando dudes vs. human replica droid... Gee, wonder who'd win that one..."

Irrelevant to the Xizor vs Thrawn coolness discussion, I think. ;) But to answer your question, Guri's reflexes are probably quicker than Noghri's. Oh, and Xizor could probably handle one Noghri on his own, but that's another discussion.

"5. More power. Xizor=commander of Black Sun. Thrawn=commander of entire freakin' Empire!"

Xizor, chairman of Xizor Transport Systems, the most powerful shipping companing in the Galaxy during the Empire. Had all sorts of *rights*, if you take my meaning. Xizor, leader of an *empire* in the shadows of the Empire. He could obtain whatever he wanted to be done on a whim. His organization spans from the lower depth of Coruscant to highly peaceful cities of Mon Calamari. Almost nobody is outside Black Sun's reach.

24. LukeSkywalker364364

LukeSkywalker364364 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    Oh, Thrawn had something to do with the Out-Bound flight project? If it is in the Hand of Thrawn books i'm only on the first few chapters of SOTP

25. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    "5. More power. Xizor=commander of Black Sun. Thrawn=commander of entire freakin' Empire!"

Xizor was clearly stated to be, behind Palpatine and Vader, the most powerful man in the Galaxy. By the time Thrawn took over the Empire, it was nowhere near the power it had been at that time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.