main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Regaurding the Millenium Falcon.....

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LottDodd, Nov 28, 2012.

?

How do you want to See The Millenium Falcon in Episode VII?

1. What a Piece of Junk! (the years have not been kind, more run down then ever)

24.1%
  2. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. (the same as you remember her)

58.2%
  3. I've got your word, not a scratch.... (Old Man Solo has finally restored his sports car)

17.7%
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This.
    I would love it if she was still around, being constantly rebuilt, but loved. Though I could see it being possible that they won't use her, so If she doesn't show up in the movie itself a little flash of her somewhere would be fun.

2. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    It would be great to see the old pirate driving it again with Chewie as the copilot; they could really make it an epic scene where the Falcon first reappears in Episode 7.

There should be some really cool references to the past like this, as long as they don't overdo it.

3. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Do you think they would have replaced the sensor dish?

Or is Han waiting for land to replace it and he just never gets around to pay for it??

4. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I would *love*...LOVE....LOVE to see Han/Lando having to hand off the Falcon to a younger pilot. What a great moment that would be - like passing the torch with lots of "are you sure you can fly this thing" or "remember what I told you about the hyperdrive" banter. Maybe a wounded Solo has to watch one of the new characters (maybe a smart-ass female youngster) go save the day in it and he sweats bullets.

5. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I saw the title of this thread and thought I must have started it.

6. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    A YT-1300 freighter had a cameo... we do not know if it was the Falcon itself.

As for whether it'll be in the film or not... I'm not as convinced as others that it will be...

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  7. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Personally, I'd love to see it pollished up and shiney. A New Paintjob, no blaster scores, all the panneling replaced.... Old Han has gone respectable, sunk his "Reward Money" into restoring the old girl. And without The Empire or gangsters chasing him around the galaxy, Han and Chewie spend most of their time drinking in the garage and pollishing the Falcon to a fine gleem.... (that doesnt mean it stays that way, through the films.... nay it takes a greater beating than ever before).

Also it is an absolute must for Han and Lando to spend time in the cockpit together....

"Wait a minute, is that my shirt?"
    "I just thought I'd make myself comfortable...."

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Yes we do. It was the Falcon, but it had a different name back then.

9. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    It should defiantly be in it! It could easily be a suped up classic!!!

Echo-07 likes this.
  10. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Han w/o the Falcon is unthinkable.

Graphic and Echo-07 like this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Having the Falcon in the movie will definitely add flavour. I wonder if it'll be the same colour? I'm sure the writers will honour the fan boys with its presence in the film.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm thinking for Episode VII it could experience the same fate as the Enterprise D in Star Trek Generations where it almost gets completely destroyed, but by the end and towards the beginning of Episode VIII there is a spiffier version of the Falcon flying around.

13. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Yes, I loved that little cameo. You had to have a sharp eye to spot it, but spot it I did.

14. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    What if the Falcon goes down in a blaze of glory with Han?

SnakeWesker likes this.
  15. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I hope the falcon is just as beat up on the outside but has received some more hidden modifications "where it counts". I can see them having a Han-like son or daughter flying it and then sort of collecting some of the OT characters in the falcon as the plot builds. Maybe picking up Chewbacca first, so we get Solo's offspring and uncle Chewbacca together for a little while before Han comes into it. [Brief aside: I hope they depict Chewbacca as having his own life somewhere and not being a hanger on, third wheel sidekick in Han and Leia's house.] Of course, Han would be a terrible back seat driver, so he'll probably take over the flying from his kid at some point in the action.

16. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Sounds good chief!!!

17. swarm87

swarm87 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2012
    should be constantly rebuilt, and the hyperdrive still not working 100% right

18. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I doubt the MF will ever be a beautiful ship, at least by the standards of characters in that universe (and especially even further into the future), but I would like to see it fixed up better than it has been in the past... and please no more hyperdrive malfunctions. Maybe somewhere in one of the movies, but not as a running gag, and not the Falcon.

19. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    I really hope the Ol' Man has finally got her purring....

20. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Still havin' the fun where it counts.

21. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Here you go:

22. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Yes, I really like the sound of that. The Falcon approaching Coruscant - I'd love to see it actually landing there - would provide a great bridge between the PT, OT and ST.

TreborSabreon and Graphic like this.
  23. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    It'd be funny if there's a scene where Han spots another YT-1300 freighter that is better preserved than the Falcon and is all miffed.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  24. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    What abillities or modifications will the Falcon have in the Sequels that it did not have in the OT. Diferent Weapons? Chrome Plating? a Racing stripe and fins?

25. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    I'm really hoping the Alliance/New Republic didn't stop guarding it in the first place. Damn budget cuts...

TheManFromMortis likes this.