main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prairie Regina and/or Saskatoon

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_bald_ewok

The_bald_ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    Hello CANUCKS!!!!

Hey I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. First, my name is Ricky Gregory and I hail from Indianapolis, IN. Anyways, my wife is orginally from "toon" town and we are looking at moving up there maybe by next year. What I am afraid is that there isnt any SW fans up there. So far that doesnt appear to be the case. When we do move up there do you guys have meetings or get togethers or such? Here in Indy we are pretty much organized (www.indyknights.com) and I am hoping for the same goes for up north!! Any 501st members as well? By the way I am TK 8620. I will leave it to that!!

Talk to me, my fellow peeps!!

2. Whimper

Whimper Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 1999
    Moving to Stoon? That's awesome. Never fear, there are tons of Star Wars fans in Saskatchewan- you just have to know where to look. Regina fans didn't have any meetings that I knew about (or at least I wasn't invited to them), but Saskatoon may be different. The only time I really saw lots of fans was when Eps 1 & 2 came out- then they were lined up for blocks.

3. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    Hey Whimper, I havent been invited to no SW meetings either so dont feel so bad. Maybe we should find some people and create a club or something. It could work, i dunno.

4. Whimper

May 11, 1999
    Maybe we could, when I come back from Japan in a year or two.

5. Jedi_Jason5001

Nov 30, 2001
    OH. You're in Japan. That's right, duh!:p hehe guess i forgot. oh well no biggie. anybody here watch football, specifically CFL? the Riders SUCK!

6. The_bald_ewok

Nov 12, 2001
    Errr...CFL?? um no but I do watch the NFL. I live about 5 minutes away from the Indinapolis Colts Headquarters/training camp. I just know, that will have to get used to hockey.

As for the meetings, absolutely you guys/gals should make a club. Here at the Indy Knights, with us being a club for so long we was able to volunteer for the celebration. Not only that, its a great way to meet other SW fans. Its amazing how many people there really are. You just have to get organized!! Especially when we (myself, wife, and kid) move up there!

7. Jedi_Jason5001

Nov 30, 2001
    Hey TBE, are you moving to Regina or S'toon? Regina's waaaay better than those northern peoples. And yes i'm sure we do need organization but when there's not a lot of people to get things going...

8. The_bald_ewok

Nov 12, 2001
    More than likely Toon town. My wife's family lives there. However, she is opened to move to any other city. So who knows Regina (heh heh heh There once was a lady who lived in Regina, she had a big heh heh heh, sorry cant get over that) Actually, just to give a little history, the IK's basically started as you guys are. Just a few people talking in the forums, who decided to meet at somebody's house. Which I believe that there was only 6 people!! Now 3 years later, we are over 80 strong!! Plus we have our own garrison! The things is just gettting started. Like I said you will be amazed!!

9. The_bald_ewok

Nov 12, 2001
    Oh one more thing...anybody collect up there? If so, whats the conditions like? I mean do you guys get new figs?

10. Whimper

May 11, 1999
    New figs? Remember how Boss Nass laughs when Queen Amidala kneels before him?

That's how I'm laughing right now.

HA!
    HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAH!
    [face_laugh]

11. Jedi_Jason5001

Nov 30, 2001
    Yeah I collect the 'original' figures but not the new ones. I like me old friends better.

12. The_bald_ewok

Nov 12, 2001
    what about 501st members?

or even rebel legion?

13. Jedi_Jason5001

Nov 30, 2001
    I dont know what about all those 501st members? what about them>

14. The_bald_ewok

Nov 12, 2001
    Anybody in saskatoon a part of the 501st?

15. Jedi_Jason5001

Nov 30, 2001
    Did we all just go into hibernation or what?

16. The_bald_ewok

Nov 12, 2001
    Hey thats what I was wondering about!!

I know that you guys got some snow, but not that much!!

17. Jedi_Jason5001

Nov 30, 2001
    forget the snow, blame the cold! you dont need snow to go into hibernation.

18. The_bald_ewok

Nov 12, 2001
    Cold :(

thats too bad...its cold here too, but probably not as bad as you guys/gals

19. Whimper

May 11, 1999
    I don't miss the cold, but I do miss the snow, a little. I'm told that I might see it once, if I'm lucky this winter.

20. Jedi_Jason5001

Nov 30, 2001
    Lol whimper. but dont ya miss the snow for christmas and all? it'd be like living in california at christmas time. they dont even probably know what snow is!!!

21. Whimper

May 11, 1999
    Didn't I just say that I missed the snow?

Yeah, they know what snow is, because they've seen pictures of Hokkaido, where they actually do get a fair amount of the stuff.

Not sure about California, though.

22. The_bald_ewok

Nov 12, 2001
    HA!!

Indianapolis (the town I live in right now) got 8 inches of snow for christmas and Toon town didnt have any on the ground!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.