St. Lou, MO Regional Meeting

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We have Shriner's Hospital at 10:30am for one hour. All the other hospitals would not allow as many people as Shriner's and with the book signing the time was a problem too. So we are just doing the one hospital.
  2. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I think we will do two rotating groups, each group will go in for a half an hour each. That way everyone that wants to go to the hospital will get a chance to.

We will need everyone for the Borders deal. We will have all the details worked out on Sunday then I will post more info and schedules after that planning meeting. So Be There!! We need all of you to help!!!
  3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master

star 4
    How late are you guys staying for the meeting? Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it, I don't have the van to drive, and we have company coming over on Sunday on top of that... [face_plain]
  4. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    We stay till we have it figured out. LOL Seriously, I am not sure, probably for a few hours for sure... I wish I could give you some idea. If you wanted I could come get you Scott...
  5. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Because I was asked, :D here is the address for the Shriners Hospital: 2001 S Lindbergh Blvd, St Louis, 63131

I was wondering how many seats to we need to get for tomorrow... :D Who is coming?
  6. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I am going to try to make it. Any form of Attire ( SW shirts, plain clothes) and also uh are we eating or drinking or so on?
  7. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Regular clothes, and we will probably get something. Or at least I will. :D Glad to have you come!
  8. VoijaRisa Jedi Master

star 5
    I have a family thing I've got to deal with so I won't be coming.
  9. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yay! I get to eat away from the house!.
  10. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Okay gang I showed up at 5 15 at the Crown (SP) hotel in Bridgton TGIF and when I asked they said no one was there, So I waited till 5 30 and asked again. I ended up going to the wrong one.(In the process getting lost twice) Sorry. By time I drove back home and realized I went to the wrong one it was too late. Cause it is a 45 minute trip each way plus stop for fuel. BY then it was a few minutes before 7 and I figured you all were gone, since it was to only be a few hours.

I thought it was brentwood but printed out Bridgeton.
    Can someone let me know what I missed?
  11. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay, so I have been put in charge of Trivia for the Regional Meeting Picnic. But, I am not a trivia buff. So, I am asking all of you out there for help! Please!!!!!!

If everyone could just send me via PM ( so we don't have the answers readily here for everyone to read) at least one question and if possible three, that would be great! Category ideas would be appreciated too. We can post the category ideas here though, just without questions and answers.

I was thinking- three levels -easy, medium and hard and I definitely will include EU. Please, Please, Please be absolutely positive that you have the correct answer to your question and I don't want to be in the middle of a debate.

Thanks!!!!!!!! :D
  12. spideymj Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Leash, snag the trivia pursuit game from Dajuan...that should give you some good questions..and when we played it, some of the questions were really easiy..while others were harder. If you want EU questions, I am sure there are a number of us that can help you with those.
  13. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Good call Laura!

We are up to 25 registrated attendants. Registrated, meaning paid. I know some are still planning on coming but until I get the money in some form I have not listed you on the sheet!! :D
  14. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I have it still? I know I have the old version, but I wasn't sure where the new one got to. Ask Randy tomorrow.
  15. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    You took it home with you that meeting that we played it here in February... :D
  16. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling

star 3
    that is a good idea are they still doing that? Do youleave from there and directly to the book signing?
  17. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Huh, hopefully Randy has it, cause it's gonna take me a while to find it. Considering I'm still not done unpacking....
  18. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    lol, Dajuan we just passed our 2 year anv. of living in St. Louis, and I still have boxes that are not unpacked. I am thinking of donating them unopened... lol. :p
  19. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Ok, as promised, here is most of what was talked about on Sunday. I might have missed something... and as always feel free to make suggestions, ask questions, and let us know of any concerns...

Topics discussed on Sunday May 28, with Dajuan, Christina, John and Leash attending.

General items

--Will be posting about Borders, to get an idea of how many people are willing to participate.
    --Must have costume or Star Wars shirt.

--Transportation: Everyone who has a car will have to help get out of town guests from points A to B.

--Bags will need to be filled. We have flyers for local attractions, schedules for the metro, bus and maps. This is where
    the badges will be placed.

For Friday

--Will need people to help pick up arrivals from train station.

--We have a meeting room from 6 to 9. Leash will look into which one, and if we can get it longer than the three hours
    scheduled now.
    --Will have a bartender and cashier from 6 to 9.
    --Bring in snacks-pretzels, ??
    --Mr. Allston will talk from 7 to 9.

--Badges will be made for all attendees. They will need them to get into the Allston talk.
    --Scott? We will need them very soon. We need to get them laminated.

For Saturday

--Hospital?10:30 Shriners.
    --Hospital will be in groups of 10 for ½ hour each group.
    --Costumes.
    --Leash found some coloring books to donate.

--Borders- we will go over this more soon. One more meeting to get though first. :D
    --Must have costume or Star Wars shirt.
    --From 1 to 4:30.
    --1-storytelling.
    --2pm ?signing.
    --we are thinking of sitting up a photobucket account for photos for parents and their
    children or offering disks. Otherwise bring own camera.
    --will have changing rooms and stuff can be dropped off early if needed.
    --drinks will be available. Don?t abuse this!
    --will get into all this more, after meeting on Wed. with 501st.
    --we will have a schedule, with everyone shifting stations every half an hour so
    everyone get time with the author.

--Picnic.
    --Randy and John to set up, plus any one else who would be able to.
    --runs till 9.
    --**Bring own alcohol. No Glass in Park!!!

--We need:
    --coolers- any and all available.
    --a truck to move grills. (Amy? Someone have one? Mine will be in Iowa.)
    --cooking utensils

--Food
    --hamburgers/hot dogs --plates
    --chips/dip --napkins
    --vegetables --cups
    --pop ? various flavors/water --silverware
    --potato salad --ice
    --buns --condiments

--games. Ideas?
    --Trivia (see Leash).
    --We have limited prizes.
    --volleyball
    --lightsabers (bring own to play)

For Sunday

--Tour of Arch in morning.
    --Departures
    --Brewery tour in afternoon for anyone still around.
  20. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Looks good Christina!

21. spideymj Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Looks very good. We are gonna have so much fun! You wait and see. :D
  22. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I can make the book signing and the hospital. Not sure about the picnic but I can try to bring you all some Hot Dogs At the book signing( well in a cooler)
    I am still not sure abou the Friday night.

My brother is making a lightsaber to hang on my belt. Since I cannot affort a FX one at this time.
  23. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    Truck: check. Course, if I drive the truck that day it'll cut down on the number of people I can transport...unless they lay really flat in the bed.:)
  24. Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling

star 3
  25. Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Tack and I can pack our cooler, and anything else if needed--just tell us what to bring. We also have SW Trivial Pursuit DVD edition, if anyone's interested. Not sure if anyone else from Central MO is attending, but we'll probably be leaving Columbia at or around 1 pm Friday if anyone wants to caravan!

I can't wait! Gawd, I have so much **** to do before then...

((headdesk))
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.