main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Regional Newsletters

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Hama, Mar 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    One thing that I am trying to get started in the South Region is the idea of a regional newsletter. The exact details are being hammered out, but the basic idea is to update the members in my region about Star Wars-related events in the region or nearby, plus give the members a chance to share ideas with each other (i.e., a guest column). Although this will primarily be focused on the region itself, any FanForce updates or TFN news that pertains to the region might also be added.

Anyone interested in the South newsletter can subscribe by sending me an email or PM (containing your email address) or asking in the South Region thread ( http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2221996 ). Comments and suggestions are also welcome in that thread.

2. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    are you thinking of email groups like yahoogroups, so anyone can use it, or occasional lists like use@theforce.net?
    In the New South Wales we the posters, not the admin came up with the idea of having a mail address, nsw@fanforce.net which we use for occasional posts out for meets, the access details were just handed over to our honorary webmaster, whose currently making up a webpage. It's also used so we can all submit the ideas made to our tshirt project.

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Right now (although this is subject to change), I'll be using Yahoo Groups. I have it set to where I need to approve all messages before they are forwarded to everyone.

The first issue is scheduled for April 16th, and tentatively scheduled for the 1st and 16th of each month after that, depending on how much is going on. If anyone has anything to contribute to the newsletter, send it to Hama@fanforce.net before April 13th.

4. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    fair enough, thanks for that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.