Register to Vote!

Discussion in 'Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here is a link to help with voter registration information.
    http://www.vote-smart.org/voter_registration_resources.php?state_name=Idaho&state_code=ID&go.x=13&go.y=9
    I belive the deadline is 25 days before the election.
  2. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    In addition, try to watch the debates. This will make you more informed as you go to the voting booth.

The first debate is tonight, I believe on NBC. (It will probably be on all the channels, as far as I know.)
  3. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Also, the vice-presidential debate is tomorow, October 4. I believe it will be held in Jackson, WY.
  4. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK - my bad. The VP debate is TONIGHT, and it's being broadcast from Cleveland. I guess I got a pre-debate discussion confused with the real thing. Sorry! :oops:

Also, the next presidential debate is this Friday.

Watch and learn! VOTE!! [face_flag]
  5. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    The entire election process has been really interesting to me this year. It's almost become like a reality TV show, lol.
    With the way things went during the last election it made a lot of people realize every vote counts so everyone on both sides are trying to be careful not to mess up.
    The whole electoral college thing bugs me though. I wish they's split the votes according to what the popular vote in each state is. It seems like that would be more fair. That's just my rant though.
  6. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree with you, Erik! This whole process has been fascinating, and I, for one, am glad to see Americans getting "revved up" during this political time. It's really easy to get apathetic about politics, but we are so privledged to have the right to vote, it is a shame to waste it!!

Ever since I voted in my first presidential election (1988), I have been against the electoral college. When the country was young and there was no national media (i.e., radio & TV), the electoral college made sense, but now, I don't think it's necessary. Let every vote count, I say.

BTW - the last presidential debate is this Wednesday. It is being broadcast out of Tempe, Arizona, at Arizona State University, Alan's alma mater!!

VOTE!! [face_flag]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.