main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Regression. Week 5. Daily task 1.

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by B'omarr, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I've had many passions in my life. Women, song, writing, reading, traveling, and a few others not worth mentioning. Kind of like Richard Dawson. But, on most of these, I've moved on.

But I've got, and always have had an obscene love of gadgets and toys. When I walk into a toy store, I'm like a kid in a....well, a toy store.

I don't really consider myself a materialist, yet I have tons of this junk. I see some little guy sitting on a shelf and he says "Hey. Hey man, take me home. Let me wear your clothes and sleep in your bed." Well, he doesn't say that last part about the clothes and the bed. But how could I say no to a face like this:

[image=http://www.thecafewha.com/skeletor.jpg]

You just can't.

I don't really understand my motivation. Perhaps I'm trying to hold onto the one thing that was always good about my childhood. Maybe I'm trying to relive my childhood, since I had to grow up rather fast. Maybe I'm just, as they say in Latin, a 'dorkus majorkus'. Or maybe it's just the easiest thing to focus on.

Wait, I just realized I also like pop culture crap. Maybe that's what I am, deep down inside. I'm some sort of plastic anthropologist. It's all for science.

But you know, most people know about that unhealthy obsession, so let me discuss another one of my pasttimes:

Inventing a non-melting chocolate. Actually, I'm still working on the recipe, it's very hush-hush. Let's just say that in a few years, kids in Ecuador will get to enjoy premium, high quality chocolate that won't melt all over their little faces.

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm all for the non-melting chocolate. As, I'm sure, so are those little kids in Ecuador...and Arizona.

Do you actually play with the action figures, John? Or do you have them in little plastic containers or set up in kewl adventure like poses with each other.

3. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Did you not see the huge Star Wars vs. Star Trek action figures battle in his Den? :p

I like the non-melting chocolate part also. :) Just to let you know, I'll sign up for a tester, if you need one. :D

4. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    I still play with all of my stuff. [face_blush] Here's a pic of part of my toy room. This was taken about a year ago. I've rearranged, added on, and put up curtains since then. The room is very blue now. It's soothing. It feels icy and warm at the same time. Probably due to my feng shuiing it up.

I really shouldn't say that's my only passion though, there are plenty of people who are pretty fanatical about this stuff. I don't want to be pigeonholed, that would hurt. :(

I'm pretty nonchalant about everything, and there's really no such thing as a serious passion in my life. Unless you count taking it up a notch. BAM!

5. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Impressive. Most impressive.

6. B'omarr

Apr 7, 2000
    Impressive in the way a 600 pound person can fit through a doorway, or impressive in the Greek Acropolis kind of way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.