main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Regrets [Clone Wars OC] Completed 8-12-03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lordmaul13, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Now that's an understatement. You have no idea... I don't think I have good days anymore.

I'm sorry to hear that. Anything I can do? Alter time? Speed up the harvest? Teleport you off this rock?

lordmaul13

2. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Anything I can do? Alter time? Speed up the harvest? Teleport you off this rock?
    I wish.

3. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    t-wiz, see my last post in Sith Mandate and for heaven's sake quit being so depressed! :D

I'll be away for two weeks starting tomorrow so don't expect to see me for that time :(

4. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Felix woke and sat up before the door finished hissing open. For a moment the two men stared, studying each other. Felix stretched out with the Force. The other man was alert and strong willed, not some weak minded, blaster-toting flunky. It would be difficult to use the Force to plant suggestions in his mind. Difficult, but not impossible. Felix switched from using the Force to using his eyes. The other man was shorter than Felix, about five and a half feet tall, muscularly built, and in his mid thirties. He wore camouflage patterned body armor over his torso. Slung over his back was a blaster carbine and a blaster pistol was holstered butt forward on his left side.

Jula Lanal looked Felix up and down. He took in the all black attire and noticed a slight bulge near the shoulder where there should be none. That idiot deserved to die, he thought of the guard he had just killed a few moments earlier. He turned his left hand so the palm was out and gripped the handle of his blaster. ?Stand up,? he ordered. ?Put your hands on your head.?

Felix complied.

?Now start talking,? Jula said.

?Don?t you want to introduce yourself?? Felix asked, the power of the Force behind his words.

Jula opened his mouth to speak and then closed it. He had almost given his name. What was going on here? He tightened his grip on his blaster. ?I?m the guy who?s going to mess you up if you don?t start talking.?

Felix pressed harder on Jula?s mind with the Force. ?Don?t you want to talk in private?? he asked, gesturing at the security camera with his eyes.

Jula pulled his blaster to cover Felix and disconnected the camera.

Felix could feel the man?s mind slipping from control. He grabbed with his mental hands and twisted. ?The prime minister?s daughter is here, isn?t she??

?Yes,? Jula ground out between clenched teeth.

?Take me to her? now,? Felix ordered.

Jula grimaced and then glared. The blaster rose and then fell. ?All right?? he agreed. He turned and exited Felix?s cell. Felix extracted his lightsaber and they both walked a few doors down and stepped inside.

She?s a knockout, Felix thought as she came into view. Even in her current condition she looked great. Her long, straight, black hair ran in disheveled waves down the back of her gray prisoner?s jumpsuit. She was taller than her father, only a few inches shorter than Felix. Her dark skin was several shades lighter than Master Windu?s but was still dark. Return to your Jedi calm, Felix.

Aril rose up to one elbow. ?If it isn?t Mr. Your-Worst-Nightmare,? she said, eyeing Jula. She shifted her gaze to Felix. ?And who?s this? The resident torture expert??

Felix was, understandably, distracted and had forgotten about Jula. Jula shook his head to clear it and looked around. It took a moment to figure out what was going on. ?What the hell?? he blurted when he realized where he was.

Felix saw motion in the corner of his eye as Jula raised his blaster. Felix?s lightsaber ignited with a flash of blue light. The blade slashed upward, shearing through the blaster and taking off Jula?s trigger finger.

Jula grabbed his hand and groaned in pain. The pain made him angry. ?You dirty little shavit!? he screamed. ?You?re going to die for that!? He reached over his shoulder for the blaster carbine but changed his mind when the tip of the lightsaber hovered inches from his nose.

?I?m a Jedi Knight,? Felix said to Aril. ?I?m here to rescue you. Come with me.?

Aril got up and skirted around the two men. Felix backed out after her. He waved as he closed the door, locking Jula inside. ?Follow me!? Felix said and the two escapees dashed off.

~

Back in the cell Jula glared up at the security camera. ?Get me the HELL out of here!? he yelled.

~

Felix rounded the corner, Aril right behind him. There was still no pursuit.

~

The door opened and Jula knocked his rescuer over as he stormed out. ?Seal the base! Nothing gets out!? he shouted over his shoulder. ?Nothing!?

~

5. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    That idiot deserved to die, he thought of the guard he had just killed a few moments earlier. I don't think I have to make a comment about how I feel about that. ;)

She?s a knockout, Felix thought as she came into view. He's a Jedi!

?Just go straight until you come to a shaft that goes up,? Felix instructed. Just waiting for what's next now.

6. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    He's a Jedi!

He's a guy too. ;)

lordmaul13

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I'm glad to see that Felix was able to rescue Aril so quickly. But why do I get a bad feeling that something is going to some up.

Jula seems like the type of guy you do not want to mess with.

Awesome post Lordmaul! :)

8. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    But why do I get a bad feeling that something is going to some up.

You've read some of my other stories and realize the pattern? :p

Awesome post Lordmaul!

Thanks! :)

lordmaul13

9. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    He's a guy too. Well if you can't even trust a Jedi not to be like that, then you can't trust any guy at all, can you? ;)

10. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    He merely had thoughts, he didn't act on them. The difference between a Jedi and a normal guy is Felix didn't act on his unJedi thoughts, the normal guy would've said something like "Do you believe in the hereafter? Then you know what I'm here after."

lordmaul13

11. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Ah... So Felix at least wouldn't have needed his teeth kicked down his throat. That's somewhat reasuring.

12. Posh_British_Jedi

Posh_British_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2003
    More good stuff!

I really liked the way that you showed Jula struggling against Felix?s influence on his mind.

She?s a knockout - that made me smile :)

13. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    tatooinewizard

Ah... So Felix at least wouldn't have needed his teeth kicked down his throat. That's somewhat reasuring.

Note to self: don't ever use the hereafter line on TW, you'll get you teeth knocked out. :p

Posh_British_Jedi

I really liked the way that you showed Jula struggling against Felix?s influence on his mind.

They always make it like the Jedi waves his hand and the Jedi mind whammy works perfectly. I thought I'd make it a little more difficult this time.

lordmaul13

14. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Note to self: don't ever use the hereafter line on TW, you'll get you teeth knocked out. ... You have chosen wisely...

15. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    You have chosen wisely...

Don't I always? :p

?Where are you?? Jula angrily ground out between clenched teeth. He pulled his head out of the hole cut into the tubolift shaft.

?Maybe they are still in the shaft, hiding. Maybe this is just to throw us off,? one of Jula?s lieutenants, Setzer, said.

Jula pondered for a moment. ?Possibly,? he granted. ?Take as many men as you need and search the entire turbolift shaft system. Start at the top and work your way down. I want a man at each intersection on the floor above the one you?re searching so they can?t get above you. Just leapfrog down floor by floor. Understand??

?Yes, sir,? Setzer said and set about organizing his task.

?You,? Jula pointed to another man. ?These are mostly storage rooms. Get people up here and start searching them. Be thorough. Check every crate. They may be hiding in them.? I?ll find you, you son of a gundark. And you?ll pay with months of agony at my fingerless hand.

~

Ha ha, Felix grimly laughed to himself. Go straight until you find a shaft that goes up. Riiiiight. Inch by inch they had crawled for two hours in the dark until they stumbled across a vertical shaft. Now came the truly hard part; go from crawling on your belly through a horizontal shaft, so tight you could barely lift your head, to climbing up another, nearly equally tight shaft. Simple right?

Wrong.

There were only three options. Number one was to roll over (impossible) onto your back and sit up into the vertical shaft. Number two was to bend ninety degrees backwards at the waist and claw your way up until you were in the shaft. Possible but only if you didn?t mind breaking your back. And third, the only real option, crawl across the opening in the floor and drop into the shaft legs first.

If the vertical shaft hadn?t been wider than the horizontal shaft they wouldn?t have made it.

~

?Felix?? Aril said, breaking the heavy silence in the shaft.

?What?? Felix asked.

?There?s a light,? Aril replied.

?What kind of a light??

?A red blinking light.?

?How far above you?? Felix asked.

?About a level and a half maybe,? Aril said.

?Good.?

?What does it mean, Felix?? Aril asked.

?It means a level and a half until we can stretch.?

~

?Sir! Come quickly!?

?What is it?? Jula asked.

?We were checking one of the storage rooms,? the guard explained as they ran, their feet pounding on the duracrete floor. ?And we found a ventilation system grate cut open behind a crate.? They rounded into the storage room and the guard pointed to the grate in question.

Jula knelt down and examined the cuts. The ventilation system. How could I have been so stupid? Everyone uses the ventilation system. ?Good work, this is them,? he said. He flicked on his comlink. ?Security headquarters this is Lanal. They?re in the ventilation system. Get a map and post a man at all the exterior vents.? Now came the risky part. ?Evacuate everybody but security. Get security forces in breathers, we?re going to flood the ventilations system with poison gas.?

~

Alarms sounded, loud even in the airshaft. ?What is that?? Aril asked.

?They?ve caught on to us,? Felix said. ?Here, I?ll have to pass my lightsaber up to you and you?ll have to cut us out of here.?

Aril reached down for the lightsaber. ?You?re a Jedi, can?t you just float it up to me.?

?Jedi can do that,? Felix said.

?Then why don?t you??

?Because I?m not any good at it,? Felix replied as he felt the lightsaber leave his hand and enter hers. ?So please don?t drop that.?

Aril was about to ignite the saber when voices sounded outside.?

?There it is. This is the last one,? the voice said. ?Stay here and report if anything out of the ordinary happens.? The voice paused and began to fade. ?We?re all in position outside. You may start the??

?What do I do, Felix?? Aril whispered down to him.

?Shhhh,? Felix replied. His mind expanded until he felt the guard?s bored presence. Sleep?

16. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    So Felix isn't that good at levitating things with his mind. He is quite good at the old Jedi mind whammy though by knocking those guards unconscious.

I think it's quite a normal thing to be frightened of wild saber tigers when going into the woods at night, but that's just me. I hope for Aril's sake they don't run into any, but for Felix's sake he at least gets to see one. ;)

ALthough they better be watching their backs! I have a feeling that Jula isn't too far behind and bent on revenge.

17. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    No, not so good at levitation. Didn't want to make him a complete super Jedi so I decided to make him good at some things (like the mind whammy) and average or not so good at others (like levitation).

I had something that needed doing and you just gave me an idea on how to do it. It's better than what I was going to do. Thanks mouse.

lordmaul13

18. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Don't I always? Hell if I know.

By the way, I want you to be the first to know. I'm giving up writing fan fic. I'll still be around to read your work and others, but as for my own, I'm at the very least taking a long hiatus.

?Don?t worry,? Felix soothed. ?I promised your father I would get you home safe and sound and I never break my word.? hmmm...

19. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    By the way, I want you to be the first to know. I'm giving up writing fan fic. I'll still be around to read your work and others, but as for my own, I'm at the very least taking a long hiatus.

I'm sorry to hear that. You are one of the best writers around here. I'll miss seeing your work.

lordmaul13

20. Posh_British_Jedi

Posh_British_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2003
    Everyone uses the ventilation system

How very true. Cleary Jula?s watched a few Bond movies.

Keep up the good work.

Bring on the saber tigers!

21. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Everyone uses the ventilation system

How very true. Cleary Jula?s watched a few Bond movies.

And Bruce Willis, don't forget Bruce Willis.

lordmaul13

22. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I had something that needed doing and you just gave me an idea on how to do it. It's better than what I was going to do. Thanks mouse.

Ooooooo!! You are most certainly welcome! Glad I could help! :D Can't wait to see what it was that I said that helped you out. ;)

23. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    It'll be toward the end, probably the last post, mouse.

lordmaul13

24. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    I was just looking through my name book for name ideas for my new novel. Did you know that one of the meanings of the name Felix is lucky?

25. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Sure didn't.

lordmaul13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.