main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Regrets (Obi Wan and Garen share a moment and secrets during ROTS)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SiriKenobi12, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Title: Regrets

Author: SiriKenobi12

Summary: The end of the Clone Wars is near; Count Dooku is dead, Obi Wan Kenobi and Garen Muln get a brief chance to catch up before they return to the front lines. Takes place during Episode III.

A/N: This was going to be part of a much longer story that I was going to write with my former Padawan MasterGlavin69, but then the second book to the series ?Last of the Jedi? came out and we had to throw out that story idea because we couldn?t make it work. But I liked this scene so much that I had to make it a little viggie. I hope you all enjoy it!

Disclaimer: By the way, incase anyone is confused I don?t own any of the Star Wars characters, locations, etc. they belong to the amazing God of Nerds: George Lucas!

?You are asking me to do something against the Jedi code, against the Republic, against a mentor and a friend that is what is out of place here.?

Garen Muln diverted himself behind a column when he heard the tone of Obi Wan?s former apprentice. He had hoped he would be able to actually sit down and have a conversation with his childhood friend whom he hadn?t even seen in almost two years, but something was telling him to not interrupt the current discussion. He tried to hide his presence from them, but knew that Obi Wan had seen him, and there was no hiding from someone as in tune with the Force as Anakin Skywalker.

?Why are you asking me this?? Anakin asked the anger evident in his voice.

Obi Wan silently sighed. ?The Council is asking you.?

With those words Anakin knew he had lost the battle, whenever the Council was concerned Obi Wan was ever the dutiful follower. It had grown worse after he was elected to be on the Council shortly after Anakin?s knighting, but deep down the younger knight could see the conflict in his former mentor?s eyes. It was clear that Obi Wan had fought for Anakin this time, but it was out of his hands.

He tried to calm his anger and knew in order to do so he would need to go visit his wife and unborn child; he bowed to Obi Wan and left without another word. Obi Wan watched him disappear down the hall then turned to Garen who was leaning against the wall with his arms folded across his chest.

?That seemed pretty intense.?

Obi Wan nodded and looked out the window at the Courascant skyline. ?Sometimes I feel that boy is going to be the death of me.?

Garen moved next to him. ?You always say that, and look you?re still breathing.?

Obi Wan chuckled. ?For now,? he looked at his old friend. ?I?m surprised to see you.?

?My squad and I were called to help rescue the Chancellor, we got caught up with the droid army trying to flee Saleucami, and needless to say we got held up.?

Obi Wan smirked. ?Well I suppose better late than never.?

?Well you had everything under control from where I was standing General Kenobi.? Garen laughed.

?And where exactly were you standing?? Obi Wan?s laugh matched his friend?s.

Garen sat down on the windowsill. ?Is it true that Count Dooku defeated you?again??

?Yes,?

?Did you last longer this time??

Obi Wan glared at Garen then shook his head in embarrassment. ?No, he knocked me out rather quickly.?

Garen tried to hold back his laughter. ?Obi Wan can I ask how is it that an old man can defeat you so easily and yet you?ve destroyed a young Sith Lord, tangled with Assajj Ventress and defeated Durge??

?Give me a break Garen, he is a renowned swordsman, he used to be the best in the order.? Obi Wan defended himself.

?Alright Obi, I?m sorry.?

The two friends shared a long over due laugh and in that moment it was as if all the tension from the war had melted away. The found themselves walking down the hall towards no particular destination, getting lost in memories of past missions and antics. After a long while they entered the Room of a Thousand Fountains, the familiar scent stirring up different memories in each man.

?Do you ever have regrets Garen?? Obi Wan asked as they continued along the path.

?Nope, I?m perfect.? Gare

2. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved their conversation. :) However, I'm curious about the longer story you were going to write. :D

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Great banter between them! It really showed off the brotherly love. Garen and Luminara, ohhh... [face_love]

?Oh, so it?s one of THOSE conversations.?

[face_laugh] That seems so Garen-like. :p

4. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Don't you just love these guy-bonding moments? [face_love]

Loved the teasing about one another's screw-ups and the "aw shucks" kind of tone you've got going between them (please don't ask me to explain that. :) ).

I, too, am curious about the longer story...

5. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    Thank you for all who reviewed! I have really as I write my stories have fallen in love with the character of Garen, I just feel he is not used enough in fan fiction.

The longer story was going to be about Garen's fate during Episode III, but now after reading "Last of the Jedi II" it would have to be an AU, and I'll have to convince my cowriter to still do it. If I get enough response to this little viggie I might consider trying to bribe him to do it. [face_praying]

Oh by the way before someone rips me apart...I know I did not spell most of those planets right...when writing it I lost the paper that had the correct spelling and I just decided to post the story anyways. Please forgive me...

6. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I too enjoy the interactions between Obi-Wan and Garen. :) Great job with this fic...loved the easy friendly banter between them. :)

7. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    [face_batting] Thank you!

8. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
  9. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great viggie. =D= I liked the closeness you portrayed between Garen and Obi.

10. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    [face_blush] Thanks Jedimaster_jen! I'm glad you enjoyed it, thank you sooo much for reading!

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh Garen and Luminara, I like that. Very nicely done.

12. jeditachi

jeditachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005

Wow, this is an excellent viggie, SiriKenobi12! [face_love] I love it! A lot of Garen's comments to Obi-Wan are really amusing. [face_laugh] I see you got Obi-Wan carrying Siri's lightsaber. ;) I can very well see this a missing scene from ROTS. Very nicely done! =D=

13. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    ?Nope, I?m perfect.? Garen laughed.
    [face_laugh] I love Garen!!! :)

I really liked this viggie, it was short and bitter-sweet. *sigh* I just loved their conversation.

14. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    jeditachi: Thank you! It means a lot to me to have you review one of my stories because you seem to really understand Obi Wan and Siri's relationship. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Siri-Wan-Kenobi: I'm also very glad you read and reviewed this! I always love your take on my stories and I can't wait to read more of yours.

15. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    I had to give this an up after I watched ROTS on DVD!

16. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Another great story! Garen is a good, untapped character to use.

17. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    Thank you! I agree, Garen isn't used enough even though he is Obi Wan's best friend.

18. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Aw, I really liked this! [face_love]

What a sweet viggie - it had both funny moments and heartbreaking moments. A wonderful combination!

Fantastic job!

19. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Love the banter between the two. It's sad because of what happens afterwards though. Great job!

20. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    Obi Wan glared at Garen then shook his head in embarrassment. â??No, he knocked me out rather quickly.â?? lol

this was sweet

21. Silfion

Silfion Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2005
    Fantastic!

I've been looking for stories like this for a while. It was such a nice piece to read! Love when they act like brothers... :p

Hope to see more of this soon *hints hints*, I also think that Garen is a character with such a potential, but it's so hard to find things about him... TT

Keep the good work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.