main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Regrouped Orlando Rollcall

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediDan, Oct 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    Ok troops. We need to regroup. Post here if you are an Orlando member and let's see who's here so we can keep this alive.

:)

Dan

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    All you need is three people who are willing to continue meeting regularly to keep Orlando official.

If any of you have any questions, please contact me via private message or send an e-mail to minacia@hothlantarebels.com. :)

3. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    well, considering the meetings are so far away from me and I dont have a car, it is a bit hard for me to attend the meetings unless we have them closer to like Kirkman Road or something...

Either way, im still in!

4. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    That's one more. Once we get some more people we can decide on a meeting place that works for everyone.

5. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Is there some kind of timeline involved??

The threat of closing Orlando down is happening pretty fast.
    The Melborne folks only left a few days ago.
    I don't understand where the big panic is coming from. If someone could explain that let us know.

6. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    I don't think there's a timeline I was just trying to see who's here.

Dan

7. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Thanks Dan! Someone had to do it. I know there are more in town Orlando people out there....

8. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Good luck Dan. I'll help you out until things settle in O-town. Lord knows if Jacksonville ever gets it together then I'll be more than happy to be a part of my hometown chapter.
    I think it is wonderful thing that a group can get so big that it spawns offspring. That is a testament to the organisation they belong to. It bothers me that less than a week after the new group forms that for all intents and purposes the parent group is being told to functionally get it to gether or go away. No offense Mde. Brightstar but we are aware of what needs to be done. The Sword of Damacles doesn't need to be waved around.
    There are a lot of folks in town who are suddenly quiet. FRANK, where are you? You always had a comment to make.
    Where is the UCF crowd at? I know there are like three or four of you that impressed me with unlimited potential.
    I'll remain a viable part of the group in the event it needs help getting onto it's feet.
    So, so far It's Dan and Me.
    Who else?

9. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Thanks for the help Spectre! I think its awesome that we can spin off different groups but I know there is a lot more us us out there as well. So come on people I know that your out there!

-Dan

10. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    I hope some people step forward to take over the Orlando group.

If you guys ever want to have a joint event let us know or if O doesn't have regular meetings, you are all welcome to come to ours.

Art

11. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    I think everyone is in hiding or something...
    Orlando we're not dead yet!

;)

-Dan

12. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    Dan,

Best wishes from this coastal fiend as well. I hope you guys continue without too many bumps and maintain a strong membership. If the Melbourne spinoffs can help in any way please let us know on the Melbourne board. At least some of us will brave the swamplands to come provide what we can.

Sandy

13. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    No offense Mde. Brightstar but we are aware of what needs to be done. The Sword of Damacles doesn't need to be waved around.

I'm not waving anything...that I'm aware of. ;)

Simply put, FanForce has rules. And one of the rules is that there must be at least three people who are active in the chapter for it to stay alive. I explained to Art that is was possible that Orlando might lose it's official status if most of the group left.

But, I was not yet issuing a supreme ultimatum, I was simply trying to kick things into gear.

Don't worry, I'll allow Orlando to remain official a bit longer. :)

14. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Thanks Sandy. I welcome any and everyone's help!

I don't think it will be hard to keep Orlando alive, we just need to find everyone again...

15. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Well, it has been awhile since I posted, and to be honest, I've never attended a meeting. I have kept up in regards to what is going on and just been "lurking" since Clones premiered (when I did do a lot of posting so as to help to get things at Disney setup).

Now, though, I suppose I should jump in and do what I can to make sure Orlando stays.

So, then, here I am (again), and if at all possible, and it probably will be, and if no one would mind, I'd even start attending the meetings. =)

Anyway, just wanted to add that because it would be a shame for this to go away.

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

16. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Welcome Pikaroth!

17. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Ah, a lurker emerges! ;)

One more thing, folks. Once you have a core group of people together, y'all need to vote on a new City Rep. I've let Art keep his pretty colors so he can help Orlando out until everything is settled.

As always, if anyone has any questions, contact me via private message or send an e-mail to minacia@hothlantarebels.com. :)

18. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Yeah.

Good meeting places tend to be in the library if you have large crowds. Otherwise a restaurant or someone's home will work.

If you need anything let me know. :p

Art

19. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Hmm, I like the restaurant idea. I'm never one to turn down food...

:p

-Dan

20. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    That is one thing I have learned as a City Rep: If there is food, they will come. ;)

21. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Well, thank you for the kind welcome. Like I said in my previous post, it looks as if you can count on me to be at meetings and do what needs to be done. Forgive my lack of knowledge on such things, to be fair, the extent of me hanging out with like minded poeple (in regards to Star Wars, at least) would be at MegaCon every year and bi-weekly at Acme Comics, laugh. I have not "gotten together" with people from online since the good 'ol BBS days, before AOL an before most even heard the term Internet. This, of course, does not include the Episode I and Episode II premiers; both of which were outstanding.

Anyway, I do not wish to ramble on. I will be reading these forums daily now and if I need to help with anything and everything, feel free to post a message here or e-mail me directly.

Again, forgive my lack of understanding when it comes to meetings, where they are held, what goes on at them, etc., until I have some time to catch up. =)

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

22. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    well, when we do get peeps back, we should celebrate! Maybe go to downtown disney and buy MORE Star Tour Figs...hehehe ;)

neone wanna chat?

AIM: starwarsgeek1138
    YIM: princessleiaorso

LOVE U GUYS!!!!!!!

23. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    We do need to oragnize something soon. Once we know all who's here we can start making more definate plans.

-Dan

24. StickmanLt

StickmanLt Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2002
    I'll be in the Orlando Fan Force... as soon as I can hitch a ride to a meeting or two. :) I would have said 'I'll still be', but since I never was in the first place...
    Well, I'm rambling, so I'll shut up. But I just wanted to voice my support for the Orlando FanForce.
    I already lost one girlfriend who went to Melbourne and decided that it was too far apart to maintain the relationship... don't wanna lose a fanforce for the same reason.

StickmanLt

25. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Welcome Stickman! See I knew there were more of us out there. Once we get a accurate count of who we have we can start setting up a meeting location and time. I know for me I work weekends so that makes it difficult but hopefully we can work out something that will try to be best for everyone.Again Welcome!

-Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.