main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Regrouped Orlando Rollcall

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediDan, Oct 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    Welcome Fire3! Keep an eye here we have good things upcoming in our website and we'll announce our meetings here as well. Once again welcome!

-Dan

2. Equator

Equator Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2002
    Hey everyone. I'm Scott and I'm the store manager at the toy store in the Altamonte Mall, and a tremendous Star Wars fan. I just recently discovered the Orlando FanForce and these boards, and I'd love to become involved in things. Unfortunately, I have a crazy schedule, especially this time of the year, so I don't know how reliable I'll be able to be for meetings and such. Definitely keep me informed, though, so I can see what I can do. I look forward to meeting and chatting with everyone.

3. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    The KayBee? I wonder if we've met. :)

4. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Welcome! Just keep an eye out hear for any news. I worked retail for 10 years I know all about crazy schedules, esp for managers. Did that the last 2 years...

5. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Count me in if you need some represntation from the east coast. I would like to see a large central Florida meeting, that might be interesting. Guess the closest thing is the IMAX premire.

Also I don't see any posts in here about said event. Will anyone go out to see the film ushered out?

Just wondering.

6. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    Its been a while but Im still here!!!

Ia

7. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    You've been missed.

8. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Welcome back!

:)

-Dan

9. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    its good to be back...i cant wait for you guys to see my twi'lek costume ive made!!

10. Barra_Jedi

Barra_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    *lurker emerges*

11. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    So where are your pictures? Or better yet a tutoiral on construction we can put up on our website we are developing.

:)

-Dan

12. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    no problem ...ill be working on it...hows the website coming? Can I see it so far?

13. Equator

Equator Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2002
    Yes, the KB Toys. I've been manager there for about 2 years now. Who knows? Perhaps we have met before.

Maybe it's just because I'm new to the boards, but I don't seem to see anywhere that says when and where the meetings are held. Perhaps this is a reason that attendance has been so low, eh? :D

In any case, I'd be grateful if someone could e-mail me with this kind of info. My e-mail is equator2@prodigy.net. Thanks in advance.

14. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    I should hear soemthing back in the next day or two about getting a location for our meeting. As soon as I get the word I'll put it up here ASAP so everyone can see it.
    Also the website should be unveiled this week as well!
    Keep an eye out!!

--Dan

15. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Meeting announcements are generally posted within 2 weeks of a meeting.

They usually have a seperate thread with meeting time and location and directions most of the time.

You can also check the FanForce for information. If there is an official meeting it is always posted here:

http://fanforce.net/usa_south/

Arthur

16. RebelCommando

RebelCommando Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hello Y'all,
    Gee I do beleive my name was mentioned. I got so excited seeing it in print I had to respond :)

Look you guys, what I have to say I type without any anger or ill feelings towards anybody. I don't care to post comments, suggestions, ideas or to give infomation and to be totally ignored, criticized or plain insulted by either total strangers and particulalrly by people I have met. Not being remembered or thought of doesn't make me want to hang out with any group or post to a board and I can do better things with my time.
    I do have personal opinions.... JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE does, but it seems like some people can say whatever they want and others are swarmed upon and devoured.
    The ONLY person I was friends with left a long time back. And despite all the kudos to the "officers" and all the talk about people being welcome, things have not worked out that well. And it's caused me to loose my initial enthusiasm.
    Forming a new club might be the cure to all the past ills that plagued Orlando.
    The main problem I have found is often a lack of communication and familiarity among the members. Even those who post often or attend meetings do not always know others of like status.
    I have rarely ever received a private message from anybody wanting to get to know me, to discuss anything, to find out where I lived, or anything of the kind even after providing them with information they requested.
    I am not sure if I want to be involved after my dissappointing experiences.... so I'll have to see. I'd like to tell you to count on me, but that wouldn't be fair to those of you who are tying so hard to keep it alive.
    Frank

17. JediRecon

JediRecon Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    Well, I have been urged many times by Ia to join this group. I usually work Saturdays. Disney is open 24/7. So I don't know if I'll be able to attend meetings. However, I'll be a frequent poster here. ;)

18. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    well even though I am sorta kinda part of the Mebourne group- if you guys get rolling again and make the meetings at decent times and a decent location- I am definately all for being part of the orlando fanforce. Plus- I might feel more a part of this chapter then the one I am in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.