main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson REID PARK ZOO HOWLOWEEN 2006

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Jun 2, 2006.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    At this time, Im planning to Vader it up for all three nights, Michele it trying to do all three as Shaak ti. My father will do at least two as Dooku.

2. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I will be there for all 3 nights as either Jango or back up for Dustin if he needs it. Amber I believe is trying to have something by then as well.

I have invited my friend from California to join us as well and he is interested if he can get time off from work.

-Chris

3. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Friday night I work. Should be able to do both Saturday and Sunday nights.

4. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Update. I will go oer these at the meeting, but I just got off the phone with Jed Dods, our new contact.

Here are some answers and confirmations.

No Blasters. They can be holstered, but not drawn or pointed. I can provide zip ties if anyone wants to secure them.

They have a storage area available for the backdrops, so we do not have to haul them away everyday.

They will provide candy, but goody bags we provide are ok.

The times are 6pm-8pm Friday and Saturday, and 5pm to 7pm Sunday.

We can be there as early as 4pm Fri and Sat to set up. As early as 330 on Sunday.

more to come

5. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I will be working on Friday, but I can probably take off a little early (maybe) so I plan on doing the ever skeery Nihilus for the 1st night, the Desert Mando for the 2nd, and then Nihilus for the last night. Nothing is promised though..I may wrangle one of those nights..who knows. [face_batting]

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    we did not discuss if we have any idea how many wranglers we have on board for this event? Do we have any sort of head count on this yet?

7. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    This is Michele. I will be a wrangler IF my Shaak Ti is not finished.

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I will wrangle in plain jedi clothing on fri and sat night, and hand out candy. So far that's two of us, I know that there are more than that, I am just only counting those of us that sign in here though.

9. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok, new development. The zoo is running a candy drive to make sure they have enoug for the event. Sice this is the case, I dont think we should rely on them to provide candy. My recommendatin is we each go the dollar store and buy 3-4$ worth of bbags of candy, youd be surprised a tthe quality and name brands there. Here is the post on their websight.

10th ANNUAL SAFE HOWL-O-WEEN TREAT DRIVE

With so many organizations competing for candy donations around Halloween, the Zoo faces a big challenge in getting enough treats to satisfy all of its trick-or-treaters at Howl-o-ween. Last year, Zoo members donated thousands of individual pieces of candy, helping to make the event our best ever! We're hoping that you'll be able to help us again this year by making individual or company-sponsored tax-deductible donations of candy or other small trinkets (stickers, whistles, pencils, etc) Candy should be individually wrapped and in its original packaging. Please bring treats to the Zoo's administration building, located at 1100 S Randolph Way, before Wednesday, October 25. You'll be recognized on our donor board at Howl-o-ween, and for every 1000 individual pieces donated, you'll receive a complimentary pass to the event.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Jake and I have been buying candy since early September.. and we will keep buying till the event time is here

11. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

Obviously, the above post was PRE-KNEE SURGERY.

IF, yes I mean IF I attend Howl-aween at all is going to depend on how my knee feels after my first full week of work. Any soreness or stiffness and I am a "no-show". Not thrilled with this decision but I have little say in the matter.

12. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Jack please ake off all the time you need from events we need you to be in your healthiest conditions if you are to troop with us at all. We do not want you to hurt yourself and wind up laying on a hospital bed by over exerting (spl)yourself like someone else we know...............Please take this time to rest up and gear up for the holidays!

13. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Yep, can't take care of anyone else unless you take care of yourself first

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Nobody likes a Wookiee with a wabble [face_mischief]

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey your health comes first we all know that!

16. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

Do you mean "wobble"?

What's a "wabble"? Is it somehow tied into that wascalwy wabbit? A wabble of wascalwy wabbits wuined my westwoom...

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    wookies wobble but they don't fall down.. I'm getting a general jist here.

Jack take all the time you need. Just do your best to enjoy this forced time off.

18. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I have already purchased sereral bags of candy totaling over 1000 pieces so far and I'm not done yet...I will keep you all informed on our donation of candy

TTYL

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Anyone have a paypal account (I think mine still works) that I can donate some $$ for the candy?

20. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Sure, it's my email address. (@msn.com)

21. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Damian sent Cat and I money and his contribution is 1000 pieces of candy...Cat has finally told me I have bought enough and that totals over 2000 pieces of candy...right now thee all of the candy I have here fills 1 1/2 40 gal. rubbermaid totes
    I challenge everyone else to meet or beat what I have:p :D

TTYL

22. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    hi everyone,
    first off i wanted to say how sorry i am that my kids and i missed the 10/15 meeting today and also for not helping with the backdrops as of yet, (did i see that mon 10/16 was a build day?? what time is good?) any way i wanted to say that my daughter and i will be there for all 3 days at the zoo, it seems that my son has adopted a "i dont want to do anything" type of 15 yr old attitude so he may not show but i'll work on him lol. i have had loads of personel issues being thrown at me by the darkside and most of my time has been used dealing (blaster block style lol) with them and so i havent even had a spare second to get involved. the only hitch that could happen is my wifes mother has been in poor health and has been re-admitted to the hosp and the prognosis isnt very good unfortunately, so if the worst happens, we may not be there for one of the days while i get my wife off to colorado. but we're hopeing for the best and so im comitting to all 3 days, for any needed positions, be it wrangler or standins (im just now starting our light jedi costumes, whats so simple about that simplicity pattern 4450 anyway lol). anyway everyone take care and hope all is well with u all.

23. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Bylar, now my child is younger than 15 and last year she definitely was not into Star Wars. I let her dress up in the costume of her choice and join us and she helped pass out candy.

The energy of the event rubbed off on her and she was really excited about it. She participated in many Tucson events after that including inviting the group to her birthday party.

The Charlotte group just had its first Board Game night and she wants to know when they are coming back.

So do not despair! I know there is an age difference but hopefully if your son sees how cool folks here are and how much attention they get especially at this event he will turn to the geek side and join in the fun. :D

24. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    J, what R U doing up at 4:30 AM?!? :eek:

Only an insane person would be up at that.... O, nevermind [face_tired]

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    wait a minute.. I'm up at that hour all the time...8-}