main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson REID PARK ZOO HOWLOWEEN 2006

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Jun 2, 2006.

1. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    All right! Looks like we are going to have a ton of people, NOT including anyone the DSG has come down, this could work out better, the more characters we have one both sides the faster we hand out candy and dont interrupt the flow!

3. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    I'll be bringing a cooler full of Gatorade and water on ice.

4. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Jack, you sure you can go all three days with the knee and work?

Gabe, if my Stormtrooper armor comes in and the DSG does not bring down a Vader, you mind wearing it (It will be fresh and new)

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
  6. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I got your mask today Mike, I am going to drop it of at Cats tomorrow since its easier for you to drop by there. Try it on, and well cut out the mouth, and more of the eyes so you can see and talk, and it wont (hopefully) look like a mask

Anyony have any spirit gum?

Remeber, we can be there as early as 4 on friday.

7. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    May intention is to be there at least on Friday. Have plans on Sat. I can do SUN if needed.

8. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I just want to tell you all to have a good time. I was really looking forward ot doing this this year, but a free trip to LA and Disneyland to play the most depressing music in the Happiest Place on Earth just sounded too good to be true. Have fun all!

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'll be there Friday as long as I can get my Tshirt in time. I'll know better about the rest of the weekend tomorrow.

10. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    SOMEONE BRING A CD PLAYER!

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'll be there all 3 days with T Shirt to help.

12. OBI-WAN_KENOBI_1977

OBI-WAN_KENOBI_1977 Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2002

Yea of course Id be more than happy thanx

13. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    hey everyone,
    i got a small boombox i can bring, we need any extension cords and such?? also i have one of those Master Yoda robot/animatronics its not very big but it interacts with u and has tons of stories or plays trivia games or answers yes or no questions lol, so if u want me to bring that as well then i can. so whats the procedure on gettin into the event, and if friends or neighbors what to attend just to see us all in costume, they would just pay the admittance fee right?? how much is that, so i can let them know
    thanks
    {/deepbow}

14. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    a BOOMBOX WOULD BE GREAT, THE MUSIC ADDS SUCH AN EFFECT, i THINK cHRIS SAID HE CAN BRING ONE TO, WHICH WOULD ALOS BE GREAT SINCE I HAVE A CD OF STAR WARS SPECIFIC SOUNDS WE CAN PUT ON ONE END AND MUSIC FOR THE ENTRANCE TO OUR AREA.

oops didnt mean to shout (this time) for TFF members particiating either in costume or a t-shirt, enterd reid park fromt he second left after passing country club going easbound on 22nd st. Take the first right, and it will take you intoa small parking lot behind the cancer memorial. There is a traler we can change it, but if you can come in cstume before hand please do (Jedi) since just four of us had trouble findind room and space last year, because EVERYONE can have access to that trailer (frickin Harry potter kids!) We can ener the back gate of the park and take an immediate right tot he polar bear exhibit, the zoo's star warws standees will already be up. Thats out area. Il e tere just as fast as I can, but may be a coupla minutes after 4. Our contact person is Jed Dodds. He'll be there looking for us.

anyone that has any questions can call me 360-3765. This is one of the biggest events the TFF participates in, so it is important we all follow the Zoo's rules, Anyone that does nto will not be asked to return next year (as we all might)

Thanks, this will be fun! Jedi will have a dual role as wranglers, and candy idstributers, but please try an dpay attentino to each other so we dont give one kids 30 pieces of candy!

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Forgot to add that friends and family wishing to see us, must stand in line (normal zoo entrance) and pay the $5.00 per person cover that everyone else does.

We don't have free tickets to give out and members not in costume or TFF tshirts will not be let in the back entrance.

sorry if this inconveniences anyone. we will see about getting a few free tickets for next year

16. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Last Minute Questions

Are we going to need to bring some of Jake's candy stash to hand out?

Are we going to need a table and chairs to pass out the candy from?

Is someone bringing the banner?

Are we going to need thumbtacks to attach banner to starfield backdrop?

Do we need extention cords?

Do we need any rope for bracing or attaching?

What else have I forgotten to ask?

17. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!

To whoever has a CD Burner:
    SW.com has some halloween stuff, and among it is some "spooky SW music".
    Here is the Download link for the file.
    Somebody should put this onto a CD so we can use it in the background tonight. It sounds REALLY GOOD!!!

Oh, and sorry Jack, I don't know any of the answers to those Q's

18. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Have fun guys this weekend. Sadly, SV will not be able to represent this year due to various issues, but good luck guys. See you all soon I hope.

19. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    GawD!!!!

I CAN'T believe I'm going to miss the park event.

Never in 1,000,000 years would I have thought that.

I'm so sorry, I really want to attend.

I wish the best of luck to the TFF and it's members over the next week.

20. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    hi there everyone,
    just wanted to say that ive copied the sound byte u wanted and its ready to go, bout 18 mins long so if there was anything else u wanted on the cd ill b here till bout 3:30 or so, also bringing a couple power strips and extension cords, as well as a few tools incase we need last min repairs. im also bringing my wireless mic and practice amp in case vader (or whomever needs to address the masses) wants to get everyones attention lol
    c ya all there

21. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    i HAVE ALREADY BURNED AN ACTION MIX FOR THE ZOO
    STEVE, ID LEAVE THE YODA AT HOME HE'LL GET STOLEN, LAST YEAR WE HAD A PROBLEM WITH A GROUP PF TEENS TRYING TO STEAL OUR BLASTERS

22. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    the day one pics are up!

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/HowlOween%202006/?sc=1&addtype=local

23. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Nice Dooku. Get him a UltraSaber ;)

Michelle looks great as Leia! But she wouldn't dye her hair of the cause? :p

24. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Jada you're psichic! Thanks to the mightly and loveable Mugen, he now has an ultra saber!!

Frank took the time out of his day to try and modify a hasbro Dooku saber with an Ultrasaber conversion kit. He used his own MR blade for it to! In the end it looked good an dmight have worked, but he still batered with Ultratodd and UltraAlex to give him a curved hilted ultrasaber just for my dad! My dad was teary eyed with appreciatin and recived lots of comments on how good he looked, and how well he played the part!! I think he's hooked!

We also owe Ultra sabers for surprising us by coming down and participating! We had an entrance into our area lined with glowing sabers! It was awesome, thanks so much guys!

We also need to tahnkd Glenn from Willcox and Trisatan from Flagstafff for helping out! You guys really made the event something spectacular, and if anyone has ever wondered how big this thing was, we had 4500 people today!
    Day 2 pics are up, look for the date in the names of the pics

25. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    O, MAN! U guys look FANTASTIC!!!!

I'm so Sorry I missed all this.