main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Reign of Fire!! This Friday!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Chocolate, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I didn't care for it. Although I did like the way a post-apocolypse, living-in-a-canyon, starving people can generate electricity. I also liked the concept of a never-empty-gastank helicopter.

No one has mentioned the appearance of DS9's own Dr. Julian Bashir. He was the english dude with the ham radio.

:cool:

2. Nightcrawler13

Nightcrawler13 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    OK OK OK let me define the man-crush...

admiration or envy of another male in which you wouldn't mind trading places with him.

I tried to explain this over at Stone's with a few examples of the man-crush. I have 2 other man-crushes.

Bruce Willis - He defined the action genre with Die Hard. He "got" Demi Moore. He is one of the coolest guys in Hollywood. Plus he was in Unbreakable. For all his coolness I totally overlook the Bruno album and I even enjoyed Hudson Hawk. I could ramble on about Bruce but that is one example.

Hugh Jackman - The dude played Wolverine. I over look the fluff like Kate and Leopold but I recognize the need to do ANY movie with Ashley Judd. ANY MOVIE....

Plus he made computer geeks look cool in Swordfish. I know of no one that dances around his PC and counts down to whatever he was doing but he looked cool.

It's all about the coolness.

Now I have defined the man-crush...

Anyone willing to admit to there's??

Brian??
    <<cough>><<cough>>Ewan<<cough>><<cough>>

And ANYONE WITH A JEDI ROBE NEEDS TO SPEAK UP!!!!

3. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    [face_blush] How can you *not* have a man-crush on a guy who not only gets to play one of the best SW characters, and got to share his talent with Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge, but also gets to happily endorse English-conversation classes in Tokyo:

[image=http://theforce.net/holonet/newspics/ewanjapan_ad1.jpg]

[face_laugh]

4. Carmen

Carmen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Not to mention that he looks good with or without the beard. Most guys can't do that.

And he has a lovely singing voice.

(Not a guy, but I had to mention that.)

5. Nightcrawler13

May 14, 2001
    Carmen! I thought you were were a married woman!
    Brian are you blushing? :D

6. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    And again I feel the need to point out that Clay (who's married) was the one that brought up the whole "man-crush" to start with.

Did you have a troubled childhood, Clay? Raised by Catholic priests, were we?

"Now I'm supposed to say 'That's interesting, but...' Then you say..."

"But what?"

"But you already know what I'm going to tell you"

7. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    The term "man-crush" for the unwashed masses is Ticket schtick as in 1310 AM. Just as Clay explained, it's a guy you would not mind trading places with, because he extremely rich, athletic, can have any woman he desires, etc. Being that Clay is a P-1 (another term)the use of the phase is totally appropriate. Had Clay stated that he had a "crush" on said actor then the term "wheels off" would come in to play.

Other useful terms that come to mind are: dunch, FUPA, yuck monkey, muser, dad joke and lay out.

Hey being a P-1 is not to be taken lightly it's a way of life "you know, and you know what I mean, you know"....or somesuch.

8. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    In the infamous words of Sam "The Man" Jackson...

"English M***** ******, do you speak it?!"

"Say P-1 again. I dare ya. I double-dare ya!

9. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    P- M*****-******* One :cool:

You forgot to begin your post with "I just think that, yeah"

Mike have you ever read Eziekel 25:17?

The Path of the righteous man is beset on all sides, by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed are those, who in the name of charity and justice, shepard the weak, through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will STRIKE down upon thee with GREAT vengeance and FURIOUS anger, THOSE, who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And you will know, my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

Don't F with a P-1 brutha! ;)

10. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    dorks.

11. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    ...says pot to kettle.

:cool:

12. stone

Dec 4, 2000
    what's a nubian?

13. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    "What's a nubian?".... SHUT UP!

:)

14. Nightcrawler13

May 14, 2001
    ???
    RIGHT......???
    ?[face_plain]

Mike must be extra sensitive about his man-crush. ;)

Btw, the wife is in no way worried about the man crush. Before there was Mrs. Nightcrawler13 there was my autographed Bruce Willis 8x10 from The Last Boy Scout. She has learned to accept the very necessary X-Mas viewing of Die Hard. She knows that Bruce is THE MAN!
    and she deals with it.

Ya know!

15. RB-wan

RB-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2000
    If I had to admit to a man-crush....I'd say Vin Diesel. That brutha is harsh! Pitch Black is the vehicle, y'all...

"Ghost me, M*****-******!"

"This is a personal grooming appliance." ( wiping engine grease and razor stubble from his head with a wicked-looking shiv )

"Got it all wrong, holy man. I absolutely believe in God. And I absolutely hate the ******."

"Did NOT know with whom he was ******!" ( after slicing up an attacking alien )

( OK, he cusses a lot. *shrug* )

xXx looks like a killer ride, and hear hear! The Chronicles of Riddick on the way!

Bri

16. stone

Dec 4, 2000
    saw xXx a few weeks ago, it will not disappoint.

17. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Yup, cool fun movie. :)

18. Darth_Chocolate

Mar 21, 2002
    Yes it was. Vin is the Man!! I have followed his work since Pitch Black. He was pretty good in Saving Pvt Ryan and Boiler Room, even if those parts were brief. I would love to see a copy of Strays and Multi-Facial, just to check them out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.