main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Reincarnation: Epilogue *Complete* (AU. Romance. Vader meets a cloned Padme)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dtdang2, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Title: Reincarnation
    Author: dtdang2
    Timeframe: Takes place at the end of ROTS to the end of ROTJ.
    Characters: V/P, Sola, Ruwee, Jobal, Luke, Leia
    Genre: AU, Romance, Adventure
    Keywords: Padme, Vader, Anakin, Clone, Reincarnation
    Summary: After her death, Padme is cloned by her family and has a chance encounter with Vader after she has grown up.
    Notes: Special thanks to Jazz for beta reading this story.
    Disclaimers: All Characters belong to George Lucas, and no money was made with this story.

Chapter 1: Padme?s Funeral

The silver blue sky was tinged with pink, yellow and orange. It was dawn in Theed, the capital city of Naboo. The streets and canals were lined with thousands of mourners holding flickering flames of light in remembrance of their beloved Queen. The city was silent, except for an occasional sob that could be heard from the onlookers. The air was heavy with grief.

She was dressed in a turquoise blue gown that shimmered like the ocean waves. Her hair cascaded in ringlets around her face, and white flowers were strewn in her hair, which made her look like she was floating in water. Her hands were folded on her swollen stomach, clasping the japor snippet. Her beauty had not faded, even in death. She rested inside an open casket, so that her beauty was not hidden. Her coffin is carried in a carriage by six regal white beasts, and hundreds of thousands of mourners line the streets of Theed watching her float pass them. The Queen of Naboo and her handmaiden, and several dignitaries followed behind Padme?s carriage. Her parents, Ruwee and Jobal Naberrie, her sister, Sola, brother in law, Darred, and two neices followed the funeral procession on foot.

It seemed as if all the citizens of Naboo came to Theed to bid their final farewell to their beloved former Queen and Senator. As her carriage passed through the streets, a shower of petals and flowers rained on her carriage from the crowds. The streets were littered with flowers, with colors ranging from white to yellow to crimson.

Her carriage finally arrived to the Grand Palace Cathedral, where all the other former Queens were laid to rest. The Cathedral was grandiose, with vaulted stone ceilings and stained glass windows. A special tomb was set aside for Padme inside the Chapel. Six palace guards, dressed in blue uniforms adorned with gold ribbons carried Padme?s coffin to her final resting place inside the tomb. They were followed by her former handmaidens, dressed head to toe in deep purple, the Naboo color of mourning. Her family stood outside her tomb, silently weeping.

The guards gently laid her coffin on a pedestal in the middle of the room. Her family slowly filed in, each carrying a white lotus, the flower for which Padme was named after. They tenderly placed the flowers on her coffin, six in all, in a random pattern. They each said a silent prayer bid their final farewell before leaving the room. The guards closed the stone door, and everyone bowed in silence. The door was engraved with the words: Padme Amidala Naberrie, beloved Queen and Senator.

The mourners heard the chiming of the Cathedral bells, rung 27 times, one chime for a year in her life.

With the first chime, Jobal Naberrie saw her daughter as a baby, cooing softly for her Mother? 2nd chime, she saw Padme as a dark haired toddler taking her first steps?8th chime, Padme had entered the Naboo Youth Legislative League?11th chime, she was an apprentice legislature?14th chime, Jobal saw Padme in heavy makeup, with regal dresses, ruling Naboo with youthful idealism?19th chime, she sees her daughter mature into a thoughtful young woman, her whole future ahead of her?24th chime, she remembers her daughter?s visit to Naboo, bringing home a handsome suitor, and with the 27th chime, her daughter is gone.

With heavy hearts and broken spirits, the people of Naboo left their former Queen to her eternal sleep.

2. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    This was a very beautiful beginning. I especially found the flashbacks that accompanied each chime touching.

PM me when you update. I'd like to see where this goes.

3. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    The detail you've added has made your imagery extremely poignant. This is a great beginning, and I'd love to get PMs when you update. Well done!

4. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    The guards gently laid her coffin on a pedestal in the middle of the room. Her family slowly filed in, each carrying a white lotus, the flower for which Padme was named after. They tenderly placed the flowers on her coffin, six in all, in a random pattern. They each said a silent prayer bid their final farewell before leaving the room. The guards closed the stone door, and everyone bowed in silence. The door was engraved with the words: Padme Amidala Naberrie, beloved Queen and Senator
    The mourners heard the chiming of the Cathedral bells, rung 27 times, one chime for a year in her life.

Nice! [face_batting]

5. rb657062

rb657062 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I loved the chimes, and how her mom had all those flashbacks. Very captivating and sad. Please continue writing. I really like what you've started.

- Rachel

6. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I'm intrigued. Please add me to your PM list

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :_| :_| that was very touching and beautifly written.

8. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Magnificent start! I can't wait to see where this is leading, please PM me when you've done the next part! :)

9. dtdang2

Jun 6, 2005
    jpauln:Thanks for reading! I'll put you on my PM list!:D

JediMindTrick000:Thank you! I'm glad you like my imagery. I'll PM you when I update again!:D

Palpy560:Thank you!:D

rb657062:Thanks, Rachel. I'm glad you like this!:D

HandmaidenVeme:Thanks for reading! I'll PM you when I post again. I just need to get chapter 2 beta-read.:D

KELIA: Thank you!:D

Aiel:Thank you! I'll put you on my PM list too. Hopefully I'll post the next chapter in a couple of days!:D

10. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    add me to your PM list you must[face_batting] padme will face Vader when she grows up again ??[face_thinking] kinda tiwsted,she could perfectly be his daughter in that timeline.

11. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    the bells signifying each year of her life was touching, it brought tears to my eyes...PM me with more!!

12. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    :_| :_|CRud... Where are my tissues??

OK...just like the other fic..you write, then you send me a PM....I read....cry myself stupid and make the people who produce kleenex richer!:p

13. dtdang2

Jun 6, 2005
    sithrules70:
    Yes, Padme will have a chance meeting with Vader when she grows up. There will be a little age difference between them...but look at all the May-November romances out there: Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Hugh Heffner and blonde bunnies...:D

widow_skywalker:Thank you! I'll put you on my PM list.:)

ANAKINSBABY:Hi there! Glad to have you on this thread as well! *hands anakinsbaby jumbo sized kleenex box in preparation for the next chapter.*[face_batting]

14. mmfcfa

mmfcfa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2005
    Just discovered your story.:)

Very interesting twist on the cloning theory. How much of an age difference are we talking about here? Vader will still be pretty much in the same condition as in still in the suit, right? Couldn't you speed up the aging process on Padme so it's not too much of a difference and maybe give Vader an extreme makeover?

Just a thought..:D

Please put me on your PM list.
    You can put all my suggestions in the trash if you like.
    I want to see where you go with this.[face_peace]

15. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Moving beginning! Can't wait for more!

16. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    A very intresting idea and off to a go start. The details of the funeral really gave it something more, it made me really feel for Padme's family. They really end up with nothing, not even the truth about Padme at the end.
    I would love to get to read more, please PM me when you update.

17. dtdang2

Jun 6, 2005
    mmfcfa:Thanks for reading! Glad to have you on this post. There's going to be about a 20-something year age difference, which isn't toooo bad, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Thanks for your other suggestions. Will keep it in mind! :D

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi:Thank you!!!:D

Pokey:Thank you for reading. I'll put you on my PM list. You'll see more of her family soon!:D

18. dtdang2

Jun 6, 2005
    Chapter 2: Vader Visits Padme?s Grave

He was dressed in a black cloak and helmet, looking like the grim reaper himself. It was twilight in Theed, and the streets were empty. Vader stood outside of Padme?s tomb, staring at the heavy stone doors. With a wave of his hand, he used the Dark Forces to open the doors. He walked in, his footsteps echoing in the small tomb that she rested in. There she was?his beautiful fallen Angel that he gave his soul to save, only to have killed her in the end with his own anger. I did this to her? he thought to himself, and felt a heavy sinking in his heart.

He was filled with gut-wrenching grief, and sobbed inside his mask. ?Padme?? he whispered. ?Padme, you were my life?? He gently reached out his hand and caressed her hair, then her face, and slowly outlined the curves of her lips with his gloved mechanical finger, imprinting a mental picture of her features into his mind. ?Padme, I?m sorry?I didn?t mean to??

His beloved wife did not answer him.

He saw the bulge of her stomach, and lamented the loss of his child. He had wanted a little girl, and hoped that she would have brown hair and eyes like her mother. He would have cherished his little cherub. His mind filled with anger again, especially toward Obi-Wan. It?s all his fault! Vader thought. He turned her against me.

He was still brewing with hate when he finally noticed the japor snippet in Padme?s hands. She was holding on in death to what she held dear in life. He thought of the day that he had given her that snippet. He had spent hours working on it, making it as beautiful as he could to befit an angel as beautiful as Padme. She told him that she didn?t need it to remember him by, but took it as a gesture of friendship much to his delight.

Vader untangled the japor snippet from her hands and took it into his. He held it to his heart, and grasped it tightly, wishing that she would just wake up and come away with him. He was going to put the snippet back into her hands, but couldn?t bear to let it part from him. This was the only object that he could still hold on to that belonged to her. He gently wrapped it in a leather bag, and placed it inside his cloak. ?You don?t need this to remember me,? he told her, between his sobs.

He turned around to leave her tomb. Loving her was too painful. The emptiness he was feeling inside was unbearable. Any trace that was left of Anakin Skywalker stayed behind in his wife?s tomb, buried next to her side, never to see the light of day again. It hurt him too much to remember her love, and he closed off his heart with the darkness that was ever present around him. He embraced the Dark Side, which was like a drug to numb the pain he felt in his soul.

19. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    Oh...that was just sad. Poor Anakin, you really captured his grief. And his saying ?You don?t need this to remember me,?, I loved that. Him taking the necklace seemed strange, but that line made it okay. It really brought foward all the things we love about their realationship, the sweet friendship and devotion they have. Thank you so much for telling me about the update!

20. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    A beautiful, emotional viewpoint from Vader.

Thank-you so much for the PM. [:D]

21. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    I just found this story and I had to cry because it's so a sad story!!

Can I have PM's too?? Please!![face_praying]

22. dtdang2

Jun 6, 2005
    Pokey:You're welcome for the update! As for the necklace, it was a momento of hers that he wanted to keep. It also has significance later on the story...:D

Aiel:Thank you! I'll PM you again on my next post!:D

callmesweet16:I'm glad you found and liked this story. I'll put you on my PM list!:D Thanks for reading!!

23. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh man, I didn't think it could get any sadder than the first post *sniff sniff*

I really liked how you portrayed Vader's grief and his leaving the last part of Anakin Skywalker behind with Padme to rest with her forever :_| :_| :_| :_|

That was heartbreaking, but fitting. Now what's he gonna do when he comes face to face with the cloned
    Padme? [face_thinking] [face_thinking]

24. mmfcfa

mmfcfa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2005
    Got your PM. Thanks!:D

Oh, you are setting this up so good.[face_mischief]
    It never fails to tug at my heart strings whenever I see Vader tear himself up that way. This definitely was a Kleenex moment.

Can't wait for your next up-date![face_dancing]

25. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    What a great update! That was very heart wrenching to read. Especially as he left and the last remains of Anakin Skywalker stayed in the tomb with her. I eagerly wait for more. Thanks for the PM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.