main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Reincarnation: Epilogue *Complete* (AU. Romance. Vader meets a cloned Padme)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dtdang2, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely update.

Padme was not as easily assured. Our secret is getting harder to hide...what are we going to do?

We're not going to worry about anything right now....our baby is a blessing.....

He leaned in to kiss her and she held him back, reminding him of the discretion they had to keep in public.

Not here, Ani.

Yes, here! I don't care who knows...I'm tired of hiding this..

Don't say that, Anakin. I won't let you give up your career for me. The Republic and this war needs you too much...

Padme could this time feel the hurt emanate from Anakin as a result of her rebuff. She thought that she was making the right decision, and they could maintain it all-her position as a Senator rallying for democracy, his status as the Hero With No Fear. And perhaps now, a family too.

Her priority was on the war and how this would endanger their arrangement while his was on......on her.

Beautiful. =D=

2. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    HandmaidenVeme: Great update!

Thanks for following! @};-

Handmaiden_Azul: *cries* Please bring them back together soon!

It is kind of a sad time for them, huh? :_| I'm sure they'll find their way back to each other ;)

jmsbndgrl: Thanks for the kind words on "Lips of an Angel." I am glad you enjoyed it.

This was a well written chapter, you really captured their emotions well. I think I spent the whole time pouting at my screen that they were being seperated. I'm glad Jael decided to go with Padme because I don't trust Hur. So at least there will be someone else with Padme to help protect her.

Excellent chapter!

Thanks for following, I really enjoy your comments. Not trusting Hur...[face_thinking] Hmmm that was something I hadn't considered before :)

Jedi_Master_Cazz: Great post! I hope she does well, but what of Anakin??? He obviosly has something planned...

Thanks for the pm!

Cheers_Cazza

He sure does. It just depends on whether he can outsmart the Emperor with the skills he has at this point ]-}

_ThatJediScum_: So happy Ami is on her way to Naboo. Hopefully she can reconcile with her family.

Reading this chapter I felt so bad for both Vader and Ami having to say good-bye. I got a bit teary. Good chapter.

bran

Awww, thanks! O:) I was trying to put across the emotion that it was hard for them to leave each other. And yes her family is definate link to her past she needs to resolve...

Daenarrah: It was sad seeing Vader and Ami part, but it had to be done. I like that Jael is going with her. I hope Ami can reconcile with her family. I also hope nothing happens to her while on Naboo. Vader would go ballistic.

Great chapter. You put so much into it and I could really feel the love between the two and how hard it was for them to part.

*blush* Thank you! [face_blush] Yes it was difficult for them, but the right decision if often the hardest. And you're right, Vader would really lose it if she got hurt.

jumpforjoy: Aww, they're leaving each other. Please bring them back soon!
    Please add me to the PM list!

You're on the list. Thanks for following, and I welcome your comments @};-

VaderLVR64: Lovely update.

Padme was not as easily assured. Our secret is getting harder to hide...what are we going to do?

We're not going to worry about anything right now....our baby is a blessing.....

He leaned in to kiss her and she held him back, reminding him of the discretion they had to keep in public.

Not here, Ani.

Yes, here! I don't care who knows...I'm tired of hiding this..

Don't say that, Anakin. I won't let you give up your career for me. The Republic and this war needs you too much...

Padme could this time feel the hurt emanate from Anakin as a result of her rebuff. She thought that she was making the right decision, and they could maintain it all-her position as a Senator rallying for democracy, his status as the Hero With No Fear. And perhaps now, a family too.

Her priority was on the war and how this would endanger their arrangement while his was on......on her.

Beautiful.

Thanks! [face_love] I always thought that was one of the places where their judgement had gone wrong. Things would have turned out so much better if they had come out and left public office then *sigh*. Oh well, you know what they say about hindsight...@};-

3. Kitten

Kitten Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2005
    I really hope they will be together again soon. [face_worried]

4. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    *sneaks back into the boards* Oi, sorry to worry you with my absence. School started on Jan. 8th and I've been busy trying to balance my assignments and everything. So, you can blame DRL. He's left me little time for the boards lately. [face_frustrated]

Oh, please just tell me you'll bring Ami and Ani back together! Please? I'll hunt you down if you don't. :p J/K. Though, I'll just tell you right now, I would so prefer tears of joy over tears of sadness.

Great Update, @};-

5. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    Kitten: I really hope they will be together again soon.

Me too! They're so good for each other...[face_whistling]

Galactic_Girl *sneaks back into the boards* Oi, sorry to worry you with my absence. School started on Jan. 8th and I've been busy trying to balance my assignments and everything. So, you can blame DRL. He's left me little time for the boards lately.

Oh, please just tell me you'll bring Ami and Ani back together! Please? I'll hunt you down if you don't. J/K. Though, I'll just tell you right now, I would so prefer tears of joy over tears of sadness.

Great Update

Thanks [face_blush] I know what you mean about DRL...starting classes-I had two 12 hr days a week [face_hypnotized] I can't give away too much about the ending, but I am a light-side fan and don't want to disappoint after getting emotionally invested in characters..;)

6. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Chapter 29: A Past Confronted

The craft, co-piloted by Padme and Commander Hur, landed with ease on her Naboo family estate. The pleasant atmosphere and lush scenery surrounded them, but Padme's thoughts were elsewhere. Her family's residence in view, she leaned forward, looking out the console with her head resting on her palm. Her stomach had started doing flip-flops, and she reached up to touch the necklace that held both her Japor pendant and wedding ring.

Padme didn't know how her family would react to her arrival, or even if they were there. She just knew that as she began her journey that would lead her to safety and hopefully back to her husband, she owed it to them to let them know how she was doing, where she was going....and offer them a chance to join.

For if she could be in danger from the Empire, Padme realized, they could too.

Be strong, Padme.

She took a deep breath and unharnessed herself, walking down the ramp with Jael slightly behind her while Hur stayed behind, guarding the craft. The footsteps that carried her closer and closer to her beloved family estate were slow, unsure, but deliberate.

Suddenly, a noise resounded on the deck; the door opened and Jobal appeared, followed closely by Sola. There was a stunned silence, followed by sounds of surprise, happiness, and then tears as Jobal ran forward first, throwing her arms around Ami.

Slowly, automatically, she brought her arms up to embrace her....Jobal. Padme felt strangely detached, feeling emotions of love, longing and betrayal all compete at the same time.

How did she feel about them now? Padme wondered. She didn't know how to define the relationships anymore.

She stood quietly as the rest of the Nabierres came out and she was welcomed and embraced by Padme's family....Ami's family.....her family. Padme knew she felt more like the sister and daughter they had once had, but had no idea how to explain it to them. There was a lifetime, literally, of insight to fill them in on, and as much as she'd loved and trusted her family, she wasn't sure they could understand or believe her if she tried.

So, she settled for saying nothing, simply gathering her belongings and following them into the estate.

Vader sat in his quarters, alone in the silence. His illness had healed quickly, and the Emperor had recently commed him, informing him of an upcoming mission. No inquiry was made as to the status of his health. He was due back at the Executor to oversee a new mission within a standard week.

He'd woken up that morning, instinctively reaching for Padme.....and kept reaching.....

His momentary pain and rage at her marked absence caused him to lash out with the Force. A cold sweat had broken out over his body, causing him to question his sanity. Had he been so stressed by the Rebellion and immersion in the dark side that he had finally lost his mind? Did the ghosts from his past rise again to haunt him, causing him to imagine that his wife had returned?

His eyes drifted to her side of the bed and he could still see her imprint, smell the scent of her hair, and exhaled softly. His wedding ring hung on a chain around his neck, for even though he had slipped it on her finger when they were married as Skywalkers, they still wore it around their neck, close to their hearts, just as they'd done in the previous life. Anakin knew it had been real.

Now he could only look at the objects that lay strewn around the room-some intact, some shattered-and hear the deafening silence that permeated the castle now that the life had left it again. Anakin held in his hands the black helmet that was Darth Vader and stared directly into the orbs that were it's eyes. This suit had never been his idea, or choice. Decades earlier, he'd went down in flames and days later, simply woken up in it.

It was horrifying. He shuddered, studying the grotesque angularity of the black mask, coupled with the helmet and mechanical brea

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Happy to see Padme and her family reconciled, and I can't wait for the next post thanks to those little teasers you left!

8. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Wow!!! That was an awesome post!!!!

9. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    A nice moment for Padme (Ami) and her family. Can't wait for more. :D

10. indigrl

indigrl Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2006
    Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. I can't remeber if I said this in my PM to you,
    I love that you've had Ami retain and recall Padme's memories. Thank you for adding
    me to the list and for the teasers I'm so excited to see how you incorperate Luke and Leia.

11. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Great update!

12. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Happy to see Padme and her family reconciled, and I can't wait for the next post thanks to those little teasers you left!

Yeah, it is therapeutic for her to come to terms with them. Family's important [:D]
    Hope the next post can live up to expectations. Thanks for following!

Amidala66: Wow!!! That was an awesome post!!!!

You're so sweet. [face_blush] Glad you enjoyed.

jmsbndgrl: A nice moment for Padme (Ami) and her family. Can't wait for more.

They needed to figure things out; the story just wouldn't be complete without it. Thanks for following. :D

indigrl: Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. I can't remeber if I said this in my PM to you,
    I love that you've had Ami retain and recall Padme's memories. Thank you for adding
    me to the list and for the teasers I'm so excited to see how you incorperate Luke and Leia.

:oops: Hmmm....I don't remember adding you to the PM list, but I will now. Glad you enjoy and thanks for the comments! @};-

HandmaidenVeme: Great update!

[:D] Hugs [:D]

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! A lot of things will start happening now, I think! :D

Slowly, automatically, she brought her arms up to embrace her....Jobal. Padme felt strangely detached, feeling emotions of love, longing and betrayal all compete at the same time.

How did she feel about them now? Padme wondered. She didn't know how to define the relationships anymore.

She stood quietly as the rest of the Nabierres came out and she was welcomed and embraced by Padme's family....Ami's family.....her family. Padme knew she felt more like the sister and daughter they had once had, but had no idea how to explain it to them. There was a lifetime, literally, of insight to fill them in on, and as much as she'd loved and trusted her family, she wasn't sure they could understand or believe her if she tried.

Loved that section, it seemed to really reflect her conflicted feelings.

=D=

14. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    VaderLVR64: Wow! A lot of things will start happening now, I think!

Loved that section, it seemed to really reflect her conflicted feelings.

Thanks, for feedback and for following! [:D] Love your fics btw, and I'm amazed at how many fic projects (and diversified ones too) you can handle at one time. Now that's talent :D

15. jumpforjoy

jumpforjoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2006
    It's nice to know that Padme's parents finally understand Padme's decision to marry "Vader."

The twins must come to terms with their parentage.
    Does this mean the entire family will meet some time soon? O:)

Thanks for the PM!

16. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    =D= Nice update. Thanks for the PM.

17. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    jumpforjoy It's nice to know that Padme's parents finally understand Padme's decision to marry "Vader."

The twins must come to terms with their parentage.
    Does this mean the entire family will meet some time soon?

Thanks for the PM!

Yep; explaining his real identity should clear up quite a lot :D Glad you enjoyed..

Darth-Buddy Nice update. Thanks for the PM.

Hey good to see you again, been a while since you've been on the boards. Thanks for following and glad you liked it @};-

18. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Great Chappy! Very sweet ending there! Can't wait for the next bit!!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

19. IsithTorin_DarkJedi

IsithTorin_DarkJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    I recently found your story and have spent the past 3 days reading. I absolutely love it [face_love] , could you please add me to your PM list.

20. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    Jedi_Master_Cazz: Great Chappy! Very sweet ending there! Can't wait for the next bit!!

Cheers_Cazza

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed. @};-

IsithTorin_DarkJedi: I recently found your story and have spent the past 3 days reading. I absolutely love it , could you please add me to your PM list.

Thanks for your comment, you're so sweet. [face_blush] Welcome and you're added to the list [:D]

21. DelilahDraken

DelilahDraken Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    A truly captivating and equally fascinating story you have created here, dtdang2 and ROTSFan.

I especially liked the conversation between Jael and Ami before they departed from Vjun, even though it also gave me the chills.

"Does Lord Vader know?" Jael asked.

"Yes."

What must Jael have thought in that moment? It cannot be anything really comforting as she only knows about Darth Vader what is told in the news, and in the news he is nothing but loyal to the Empire.

On the other hand I'd like to see more of Commander Hur. I have a feeling his character has potential and it would be a shame to not use a good supporting character in a story. Even if he seems to lack a personality altogether. Maybe when they arrive at the Rebellion? Padme'd need a good bodyguard there when the Rebells don't trust her because she's the wife of Darth Vader.

Anyway, great writing.

I bow before your art.

- Delilah

22. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006

Thanks for following Delilah. You're right about the Commander though, he does play a part in the future (or he wouldn't have been introduced :D)

23. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Sorry that I haven't posted in a while but I"ve been busy with school work.

I just want to say that this is one of the best AU fan fictions I've ever read. I also love how Palpy has his hand in all this. Just when it seems Anakin is about to turn back, he is snapped back or injured.

Anyways, I look forward to reading the next part!

-UD

24. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    Awww thanks that's really sweet. Good to see you back @};-. The next one will probably be up in a week or so, DRL's been grueling lately...[face_peace]

25. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Chapter 30: Before the Storm

Leia leaned over the balcony in the ship, taking deep breaths. The words Luke had spoken still echoed painfully in her mind. The Force is strong in my family. My father has it...I have it......my sister has it... Deep down, she had always felt the connection with Luke and known that a missing part of herself had returned when she met him. Now that she understood Luke's relationship to Lord Vader, it was a bitter joy. For while she was completed by the twin brother she had never known, she now grappled with the truth that he was a part of that monster. And when her brain processed the information, she realized, she was too...

Luke's blue eyes shone with hope and forgiveness; whatever interactions he had with Vader, he was clearly willing to overlook his flaws and embrace his estranged father. How little he knew, Leia thought bitterly. He had not been captured, tortured, and seen fundamental parts of the galaxy destroyed like they had never mattered. He could not bring back someone who had never been good in the first place.

Her thoughts went to Bail Organa, now lost with the destruction of Alderaan inflicted by none other than her despised enemy in black armor. Oh Father, how much I want to ask you. Why didn't you tell me? You trusted me to handle your position in the Senate, and then leading the Rebellion. Why didn't you feel you could tell me this?

Another, familiar face drifted in and out of Leia's mind. A face so full of love, beauty, kindness. And sadness too. This was the face of her birth mother. Leia had no idea how long she had known her. As she looked out the portal and viewed her galaxy from the remote parts of the Outer Rim, she clung to this image. This was what would sustain her during periods of loathing and self-doubt, Leia thought.

The only redeemable part of her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lord Vader stood at the bridge of the Star Destroyer, looking out into the darkness at everything and nothing in particular. An officer approached, informing that his presence had been requested by the Emperor.

Vader made his way to the throne room, the sharp clicking of his boots and mechanical breathing signaling his presence to all around him. The hypocrisy, the lie that was the Sith Code, reverberated in his mind.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

What was passion anyway, and what had it been worth? In Padme's presence, he knew peace, he had always known peace but had forgotten how it felt. Through the solace of her embrace, he didn't have to be the Emperor's Fist, or be the Chosen One, he could just.....be.

Through passion, I gain strength.

His strength as a feared man was intangible, and a mixed blessing at best; he could never trust anyone not to throw him. Strong in theory, not strong in body, and not truly strong in mind.

Through strength, I gain power.

He would never be powerful enough to overcome the demon that was his Master now, and he could not wish the same on Padme or his children.

Through power, I gain victory.

The faces of victory.....one pale, maimed and disfigured, the other burned and scarred in his youth. Both hateful with yellow eyes, until one discovered hope and their paths diverged.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

Black armor-a constant reminder of his distance from humanity. Mechanical limbs, which once were awkward and snagged on the interior of his prison, as if to frustrate and taunt him of all he had lost. That is, until they were replaced with something synthetic, something more realistic, more similar to those he had been born with. Weak, frail lungs, dependant on the armor in most places just to sustain the basic necessity of air.

The Force shall free me.

He'd never been free. Power, fear, intimidation, and possessions-these were not freedom. These were the fruits of his malice, an ever-present reminder of how far he was from that which he held dear. H

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.