main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Reincarnation: Epilogue *Complete* (AU. Romance. Vader meets a cloned Padme)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dtdang2, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, my heart is all twisted up inside. [face_love] :_|

Luke nodded and took Leia's hand softly. His stomach turned before he ever entered the room, wondering what she would look like, what she would sound like, if she would know him and like him. Her family assured him she would, but deep within Luke had a child's insecurity, a child who had never known a mother or a father but had always wanted to. He wondered how similar or different Leia's feelings were to his. She was a master politician; her faced revealed little now as they entered the room.

There Padme lay, so still and fragile, clad in a simple white medical gown with her long chocolate curls flared loosely by the side of her face and behind her head. The IV in her arm and all of the surrounding machinery ensuring her survival made this reunion that much more tragic. And beautiful.

Leia froze. Her stomach tightened into knots and her breath caught in her throat. She intended to be every bit the diplomat but was not prepared for the emotional reaction she had upon seeing the girl. Her face. That face. Beautiful, kind.....but sad. The same one she'd seen in her dreams and written off as a fairy godmother, or her very own ethereal angel. Just like she'd told Luke she was.

Luke's legs carried him slowly to her bedside and he saw the flitting of eyelids. Was she awakening? he wondered. Lips parted, no sound at first before she spoke, "An-...Ani?"

Luke knelt down by her bedside. "No." he said gently. "I'm Luke."

She breathed softly and her head turned to his side; ever so slowly her hand came up, tracing her fingers across Luke's forehead. His eyes closed. He knew her already, he remembered that touch; whispered in the Force, returning from his dreams, reflected in his hopes. From so long ago.

A smile played on her lips. "Luke," she whispered.

Leia was at her side now. "Leia," Padme murmured, and Leia nodded, tears starting to fill her own eyes.

I love your portayal of her conflicted feelings! =D=

And that last line. "I surrender." :eek:

2. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    WOW!!!!!

Add me to the PM list please?

3. IsithTorin_DarkJedi

IsithTorin_DarkJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    There might be hope for Leia yet ;)

I hope Anakin has considered all the possibilities for what he is doing. His surrender will be a blow to the Empire, and Paylps won't have that.

he looked at them and silently apologized for betraying their obedience. He had no other choice. :_| I guess sacrifices will continue to be made until the galaxy is finally free of the Empire.

It is time, Anakin. Go, now. It was Qui-Gon's voice. You must move quickly. I like this line. It reminds me of TPM when Darth Maul attacks them on Tatooine. Nice to see that Qui-Gon is always protecting Anakin.

Lovely update

4. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    You have to give Anakin/Vader credit, he surrenders in style. :)

So, is he going to be reunited with the rest of his "family," or is he going to be a prisoner. I'd like to see Leia's reaction. You can't blame Leia for her feelings, though. :(

5. indigrl

indigrl Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2006
    What a heart wrenching and pounding update, Good show !I couldn't agree more with Jmsbndgrl "Vader/Anakin sure knows how to surrender in style."

6. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    There are so many things I really really really really liked about this chapter ( Like Vader realizing the Sith code was a lie, Vader hearing and realizing Qui-Gon's voice, the Emperor and his spy, Leia trying to deal with the knowledge that Vader is her father and Luke is her brother) but my favorite part was Luke and Leia meeting Ami for the first time. I REALLY liked how it mirrored the Birth of the Twins and I loved Luke remembering. You guys write him so well. I'm almost miffed this is the first time we get to see him.

I also really really really liked Leia's interpretation of Ami's relationship with Vader. It's an interesting rationalization on Leia's part and so logical ( even though we know Vader really does love Ami :D).

Wonderful job guys! =D=

bran

7. jumpforjoy

jumpforjoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2006
    Great chapter! So Padme's finally met her children.

"I mean it, Luke." she seethed. "I'm trying here--truly--but your claims are remote at best. The next time the voices in your head talk to you, maybe you should stop listening to them and seek medical care."

I'm sure Leia will come to her senses, just as long as she doesn't try to kill Vader upon sight...

He regarded the spy, who was ready to depart, and issued his final order.

"If you find the clone, eliminate her."

Palpy just loves to meddle with other people's lives, doesn't he? :mad:

Vader turned his lightsaber off, it sounded with a hiss at it retracted back into it's hilt. Then he took a step forward before placing it into the hands of the disbelieving Rebel leader and uttering the words they never thought they would hear.

"I surrender."

Of course, flying to the rebel base alone and surrendering just wouldn't do, would it? He makes so much more of an impression when he kills his "guards" and surrenders to his "captives". ;)

8. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    DDRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_frustrated]

Why can't life be lived off of just the Forums? The Matrix must find a new power source!!!

Will post response in the morning!

Thanks for keeping it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_dancing] =D= :D

9. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Tell it, sister!

10. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    Hi! I've read all of this in one go and I'm hooked! I love your characteristations and the twists and turns of the story. Very Evil Cliffie of I surrender! I hope that I could be added to your PM list, please?

Would love the next post soon..

s_r

11. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Goddamnit! More!!! Whats gunna happen!? I wanna know! I want more!! Argh.

Cheers_Cazza@};-

12. Kitten

Kitten Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2005
    Luke rubbed his forehead tiredly in slow circles as he struggled to grasp what his newfound family members had told him. His mother. Deceased. Cloned. Returned. Married now to...his father. It hit him moments later that she was actually younger than he was. Luke sighed and asked the Force for strength. His head was beginning to pound and he needed more time to wrap his mind around the situation. He wanted to rest.

Luke is certainly not alone. This pretty much sums up how I felt when I first learned that Padme's parents were going to clone her. [face_worried]

There Padme lay, so still and fragile, clad in a simple white medical gown with her long chocolate curls flared loosely by the side of her face and behind her head. The IV in her arm and all of the surrounding machinery ensuring her survival made this reunion that much more tragic. And beautiful.

Leia froze. Her stomach tightened into knots and her breath caught in her throat. She intended to be every bit the diplomat but was not prepared for the emotional reaction she had upon seeing the girl. Her face. That face. Beautiful, kind.....but sad. The same one she'd seen in her dreams and written off as a fairy godmother, or her very own ethereal angel. Just like she'd told Luke she was.

Luke's legs carried him slowly to her bedside and he saw the flitting of eyelids. Was she awakening? he wondered. Lips parted, no sound at first before she spoke, "An-...Ani?"

Luke knelt down by her bedside. "No." he said gently. "I'm Luke."

She breathed softly and her head turned to his side; ever so slowly her hand came up, tracing her fingers across Luke's forehead. His eyes closed. He knew her already, he remembered that touch; whispered in the Force, returning from his dreams, reflected in his hopes. From so long ago.

Leia was at her side now. "Leia," Padme murmured, and Leia nodded, tears starting to fill her own eyes.

Every second Leia spent with her, more of her own walls and defenses were breaking down. Maybe she was a clone and Vader's wife, Leia reasoned, but she was blameless and Leia could not keep from feeling connected to her. She wished no harm on this girl. Maybe Padme was trained to believe she was the real thing, who she had been previously, Leia thought, but who was she to dissuade her and throw reality back in her face? It was not her place. Leia was pragmatic, but would not be cruel.

Padme's pain medication was taking effect almost as soon as she had awakened, and she drifted back into sleep. They both stayed with her, almost protectively, until the healer came back in and told them visitation was over.

I think you did an amazing job with the meeting, its written so beautifully and you did an excellent job of capturing the emotions of the characters, as well as the mood of entire situation. =D=

The Rebels hands slowly, tentatively lowered to their sides and they stilled, not fully comprehending what they had seen. No sense could be made of it.

Vader turned his lightsaber off, it sounded with a hiss at it retracted back into it's hilt. Then he took a step forward before placing it into the hands of the disbelieving Rebel leader and uttering the words they never thought they would hear.

"I surrender."

I was pretty surprised by the ending of the chapter. I definitely wasn't expecting Vader to just give himself up to the Rebels (I really don't think they were expecting it either based on your description). I loved that you did something so unexpected; it really keeps the readers interested in the plot. :D

13. DelilahDraken

DelilahDraken Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    Wow. Just wow.

What a great chapter.

What Vader did next was something no one would have ever expected.

The deadly hum of his lightsaber filled the forest as he spun, in a blaze of red light, striking down the storm troopers who had stood protectively beside him. Their bodies crumpled slowly to the forest floor. The storm troopers apprehending the Rebels barely had time to react before they, too, were targeted, one by a strike with a thrown lightsaber, the other by a deadly Force push as Vader extended his right palm.

All four white bodies lay uselessly as the saber returned to Vader's hand; he looked at them and silently apologized for betraying their obedience. He had no other choice.

The Rebels hands slowly, tentatively lowered to their sides and they stilled, not fully comprehending what they had seen. No sense could be made of it.

"I surrender."

Somehow I have the feeling that his Sithlyness didn't exactly plan to 'surrender' to the Rebels like that. And they wouldn't believe Vader anyway, with him being Palpatines right hand etc.

It makes me curious about how he will manage to get their trust as the Death Star 2 plans are probably not enough to make the Rebels believe in his honesty.

I bow before your art.

- Delilah

P.S. My apologies for the lack of replying earlier. My real life is quite hectic and chaotic at the moment with college and all and I can't find much time to visit the boards. So, when it takes a lot of time for me to even open PMs it is only my stressed self prioritizing e-mails untill there is enough time to properly appreciate them.

Sorry again.

Please don't take me off the PM list.

14. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Hi everyone, thanks again for the thoughtful replies. I am going to try to have the next one up within the next two weeks (and it is looking now like 1-2 chapters left with epilogue). Thanks for yor patience and for following!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HandmaidenVeme: She breathed softly and her head turned to his side; ever so slowly her hand came up, tracing her fingers across Luke's forehead. His eyes closed. He knew her already, he remembered that touch; whispered in the Force, returning from his dreams, reflected in his hopes. From so long ago.

I love that you incorporated that scene into the events that are currently happening.

Thanks! It's hard to imagine what that might be like if it ever could occur, but then again these people have a special relationship with unique circumstances...

Their reunion was heartwarming but Leia still needs a little thawing out...it'll be interesting to see her reaction once she meets up with Daddy.

(First post!!!!! Sometimes it's not so bad being nocturnal )

She sure does...Leia is too much like her dad that way. Hopefully she doesn't try to strangle him on sight :p

ratna "I surrender."

Talk about risk-taking!!

I got all choked up at the reunion, definitely unanimous with HandmaidenVeme:

"She breathed softly and her head turned to his side; ever so slowly her hand came up, tracing her fingers across Luke's forehead. His eyes closed. He knew her already, he remembered that touch; whispered in the Force, returning from his dreams, reflected in his hopes. From so long ago."

goes straight to the heart.

I also loved:

Truly artful and original turns of phrase:

".... biding her affection carefully."

"...as soon as his deception was discovered, it would have a rapidly dwindling shelf life."

Distillation of a thought:

"A planet, a forest full of lush green life surrounded them, on this beautiful day that would know only casualties."

Flashback frisson:

"It was immediately clear this would be an aggressive negotiation."

Vader is still paying a heavy price / exacting heavy tolls on others to get what he wants. Killing the storm troopers is an interesting mirror image of the karma that went down at the Jedi temple long ago. Gave me a weird feeling.

You guys sure know how to build the suspense with these little intimations about what Palpatine might have up his sleeve.
    brrrr-shiver.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, he's definately taking a risk joining the Rebellion but he knows deep down they always were right. He and everyone will continue to have to make certain "sacrifices" until good can prevail and the galaxy can get straightened out...@};-

VaderLVR64 Okay, my heart is all twisted up inside.

I love your portayal of her conflicted feelings!

And that last line. "I surrender."

Thanks for the critique. The last line did throw some for a loop. Leia's kind of predictable in her anger, but trying to gauge her exact responses to such a complicated situation is difficult. Glad you enjoyed and thanks for following [:D]

Anakins_Kiss: WOW!!!!!

Add me to the PM list please?

Welcome Anakins_Kiss! I've been following your stories too and love your writing style (Butterfly effect really had me hooked). Good to have you here @};-

IsithTorin_DarkJedi There might be hope for Leia yet

She's stubborn but there's always hope she'll see reason. We'll keep our fingers crossed [face_praying]

I hope Anakin has considered all the possibilities for what he is doing. His surrender will be a blow to the Empire, and Paylps won't have that.

After he found out certain truths he had to really examine wh

15. Anakin_heart_Padme

Anakin_heart_Padme Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2005
  16. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    Thanks Anakin_Heart_Padme. Please just let me know here or in a PM if you want to be on the PM list (I think you may have been a long time ago?). I'm not sure but there might be some unread messages from me from last year too, if you could click on them...thanks [face_peace]

@};-

17. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Whoa, that was surprising. I did not expect that to happen. Well done!

18. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    That was definately a stylish way to surrender. I am going to enjoy reading the rest of this story.

19. Anakin_heart_Padme

Anakin_heart_Padme Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2005
    Yes Please, I was, I was reading but didnt reply [face_blush] sorry bout that, can't wait for more

20. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    Darth-Buddy: Whoa, that was surprising. I did not expect that to happen. Well done!

Hey Amber! [:D] Glad to have you back, I thought we'd lost you, it had been a couple months. Glad you enjoyed, next one will be up soon...@};-

Amidala66: That was definately a stylish way to surrender. I am going to enjoy reading the rest of this story.

Thanks, that seems to be the general consensus :D

Anakin_heart_Padme: Yes Please, I was, I was reading but didnt reply sorry bout that, can't wait for more

No problem, I'll put you back on the list. Glad you're enjoying [face_peace]

Readers~a big apology from me for the huge delay! I know it's been a little over a month and I anticipated having it up by now but this is finals week and I have about 3 RL papers due plus other yucky stuff like chemistry tests to get out of the way. I have the new update about 3/4 of the way written and need it beta'd, so I promise after this next batch of tests in the next couple days I will get on it. Thanks for still following @};- @};- @};-

21. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    stakin'out the 'puter

22. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    =P~

Gettin' hungry!!!

:p

23. ikarit

ikarit Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2006
    I was on the PM list before, but I think either you didn't PM me for the latest update or you removed me from the PM list? Could you please add me back, if it's not a pain? I wasn't into Star Wars anymore for some time, but I am again.

Very powerful ending on the latest chapter. The last line was absolutely perfect!

24. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    It's being beta'd right now so I'll put it up as soon as possible @};-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ratna: stakin'out the 'puter

[:D] You are one of my favorite readers.

Jedi_Queen_Mx:

Gettin' hungry!!!

Welcome back. I'll put you on the list.

ikarit: I was on the PM list before, but I think either you didn't PM me for the latest update or you removed me from the PM list? Could you please add me back, if it's not a pain? I wasn't into Star Wars anymore for some time, but I am again.

Very powerful ending on the latest chapter. The last line was absolutely perfect!

Thanks! [face_blush] I took you off because I thought you had quit (the unread PM a couple updates back) but I'd be happy to put you back on @};-

25. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Chapter 32: Weakest Link

He walked with them through the hallways leading to the detainment cell, a dark figure with cloak flowing behind him, physically dwarfing all of those who had him in their custody. They could have put him in restraints, but any common sense dictated he could have easily broken those. Instead, they chose to take him at his word.

Sometimes pragmatism prevailed over policy.

An uneasy truce existed between them; Vader, and the Rebels, the men given a second chance at life who walked beside their one time enemy. They sought galactic peace. He wanted inner peace, and a chance to make things right now that he knew he could.

They took him to the containment area and they waited, unknowingly turning him over to his son.

Commander Skywalker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Padme rubbed her forehead. She was tired and had felt different for the latter part of the day. Listening to Leia sometimes made her more weary; the girl was an endless well of ideas and could work all day without rest.

"...with these schematics we can try a different approach." Leia looked up at her. "Are you listening?"

Padme nodded and shifted her folders. "Yes."

"You seem distracted. Break?" Leia offered.

Padme smiled. "Sounds good." They both began organizing paperwork. Padme flinched and looked up; the feeling pulsated through her strongly and her heart began to pound. Leia didn't notice at first, she was still talking about Rebellion contingency plans and Padme had again retreated, drowning out her voice to a muffle.

Leia looked at Padme; her eyes narrowed. "What is it?"

Padme's brown eyes met hers. "He's here."

Leia was quiet for a time.

Padme turned on her heel to leave and Leia caught her hand. "Where are you going?"

"He's here Leia, I know. I can feel it." Padme said, and her soft brown eyes had a light in them, Leia thought. She suddenly appreciated how beautiful Padme could be. She also knew better than to try to argue with Padme or Luke. They're damn stubborn on this Force issue, she thought wearily.

"I told you he would come back and he has," Padme added, and Leia was mutinously silent. If this pans out, this is something I have to see, she thought. She also felt the need to stay by Padme's side.

"Fine," she said, and hurried to follow Padme, who was already a few steps ahead of her.

Luke saw them as they approached the containment area, Leia a few steps behind his mother, who was almost jogging.

Padme reached him and looked up to Luke, her large eyes compassionate and hopeful. "It's him," she breathed, inquisitively.

Luke nodded. He put his hand on Padme's shoulder softly. "Are you ready for this?"

"Yes."

Luke gave the approval, and the containment doors opened. Padme trembled. There he stood, large and dark, flanked by Rebel guards who'd apprehended the high profile detainee and returned alive, seemingly by a miracle. His head jerked up suddenly, and Padme knew he was looking right at her.

Her legs were frozen at first and then, moving as if by their own will, carried her slowly in his direction. Then she was herself, truly herself, again, and covered the remainder of the distance separating them in a moment.

They embraced tightly, Anakin lifting her and turning slightly so her boots didn't even touch the ground. She buried her face in his neck, and didn't realize she was close to crying until she felt the wetness on her own cheeks. Sometimes emotion caught her by surprise that way. In that instant she knew how very afraid she had been that this would never come to fruition, and how one can tell themselves they could do without something just to forge through each day.

They held each other that way, oblivious to the confused stares of those around them. They hadn't noticed the guards by Vader's side motion to stop her, or seen Luke hold them back to allow her access. They didn't notice Luke watch them and smile slightly, feeling more complete as he saw his parents and the missing pieces of his life brou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.