main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Reincarnation: Epilogue *Complete* (AU. Romance. Vader meets a cloned Padme)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dtdang2, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Awww! [face_love] Anakin and Padme are sweet. I'm glad Padme got to have a conversation with Leia about her father.

Now we just need to get rid of the old hag and all will be good.

Great update! :)

2. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Well that was a great cliffie!!!

I like how you wrote this chapter. It was very nicely done.

Good luck on your finals:)

3. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Better late than never:) , and don't worry about how long it took for you to update because I believe that it was well worth the wait!!!!!!

Thanks for the PM

4. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    I loved the reunion moment as you wrote it:
    ...how one can tell themselves they could do without something just to forge through each day.
    So true.

The dialogue between them is so sparse, but so filled with implied emotion. Excellent.

The dialogue about accommodations, and the Rebellion's resolve:
    We are not the Empire.
    Right on.

...how much he had given up for her.

This is a central theme in this saga. Essentially, in RotS, Anakin gave up his Soul for Padme. This is profoundly meaningful when one considers that, in terms of the archetype, (and in terms of his love for her) Padme IS Anakin's Soul. What a paradox, to give up one's Soul to save one's Soul! If one looks at it this way, it is obvious what a wrong decision this is. But the paradox was hidden from Anakin, and so he accepted the Devil's bargain...

Dialogue in the detention cell was very well done.
    Regret tinged his emotions. "Leia hates me." he said suddenly, but there was no bitterness in his voice, only remorse as he accepted the realization.
    Loved that.

"She doesn't know you, Anakin. She's never had the chance to know you as you really are." Padme said, and the unspoken sentiment was not lost on him. Anyone who truly knows you loves you.
    Loved that even more.

The rest of that embrace ... well, what can I say. Very delicately and heartfully written.

They had chosen to join the Rebellion, and had to stay this course. She had no doubts as she left his room that he had once before stood at a crossroads and faced the very same feelings.
    Nice insight.

For Leia to hate him, she would have to hate a part of herself, too.
    Another important insight, and very motherly. Well done.

The fact that Vader had been a slave as a child is very important to the story on many levels. (Explains the presence of pain and rage in his soul from the beginning, also explains his vulnerability to being enshackled by Palpatine, and by the soul-forfeiting deeds that Palpatine set him up to commit.) Including it here as a window through which Leia can perceive her father's humanity is an excellent and important touch.

I love what you have written via Padme's gentle admonition to her daughter:
    "It's easy to hate someone, to be angry for the wrongs committed against us. What's harder is finding the good in someone. ... All the steps that led him to where he is today are a puzzle, known only to him." She paused. "It's easy to demonize our enemies, while forgetting the potential to be good or bad is in everyone. ..."
    Yes, yes, yes.

As for your cliffie, well... thank God exams are pau?

5. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    That was a great chappy! And a chilling ending! Didn't see that coming at all! More more more!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

6. Anakin_heart_Padme

Anakin_heart_Padme Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2005
    Beautiful writing, chilling cliffy more please

7. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    Lovely dialogue between Padme/Leia and Padme/Anakin. I liked the way Anakin wished to shed the Darth Vader identity so publicly. Again, Evil Cliffe!!!!!!!!!!! - the scary evil shrivelled one is on the way!

Hope your finals went well!

s_r

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! :D

Leia was quiet for a moment, and something was bothering her. "You went to see him. Didn't you." Leia said hollowly, and Padme could see her demeanor instantly change.

"Yes." Padme wasn't sure if the admission brought her fear or shame, though there was reason for neither.

Leia took a deep breath and pushed her logic forward; diplomacy in this situation was proving so hard for her, due in no small part because it was family, she surmised. She looked back at Padme and her tone was dry. "I know I won't change your mind, any more than I could change Luke's. I suppose I don't have to tell you what a bad idea that is."

Padme turned her head away slightly and could feel tears burn her eyes, tears she realized were for her daughter. Leia was a good person, and led a good cause, but she struggled with herself. She was so much like Anakin, Padme thought, but at the same time she was afraid they could never accept each other. Every time Leia saw him, spoke of him, she was filled with loathing and it pained Padme to see. For Leia to hate him, she would have to hate a part of herself, too.

"The first time...." Padme said softly, then continued. "The first time we met, he asked me if I was an angel. It was so strange, meeting him." She shook her head. "Not like any other child. I wanted to believe that he was a silly little boy, and told him so. Even if I didn't acknowledge it at the time, I felt like I had found a thread of my fate when I entered that store."

Leia studied her, slightly mesmerized. She was too sound of mind to buy into the Force concepts that Luke did, but knew inherently that these memories Padme spoke of were authentic. Had the Naberries versed her on her old background? In spite of herself, she was curious and wanted Padme to continue.

"Store?" Leia asked.

"His master's store. Watto. He sold things for him, but assembled parts on the side."

Leia's mouth hung open slightly. "Master? You mean....He was a slave?"

Padme looked at her benignly and smiled. "Yes."

Leia suddenly felt ashamed. She looked down. "I didn't know that." Somehow, when she had pictured the beginnings of Darth Vader, if she ever had, she imagined someone young and arrogant, born into wealth, privilege, and training. But a regular person, a slave....that had never crossed her mind before. That would mean that sometime, in the past, he had been forced to do what he was told, to swallow his pride. Beaten perhaps. Sometime he had been human.

I'm so glad that Padme could make Leia see beyond the mask and armor! =D=

9. Angelic_Amidala

Angelic_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2007
    OMG! :eek: Wow, this is one of the greatest A&P fanfic I've ever read! When I read it.. it's like it's so real.. like it really did all happen. Oh and, PLEASE can you add me to your PM list?? Pretty please? O:)

Blessings,

~Angelic Amidala

10. DelilahDraken

DelilahDraken Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    "The Emperor." Anakin said. "He?s here."

What a great cliffhanger. I cannot wait to see what comes next.

I only have one question: what happened to Padme's clone bodyguard?

11. naadi

naadi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2005
    Sorry i haven't replied for ages,I haven't had time beacuse of exams.I loved tht chapter,it was beautiful,and the love padme and anakin still have is so beautiful.The resemblance of leia and anakin is so similar and i hope she lets go of her anger towards him!!Fantastic update,can't wait for more!!=D= [face_peace]

12. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    great chapter. Keep up the work!=D=

13. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    No no no Now Leia will think he's a traitor

14. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Just cruisin' back to savor this story again:

"I told you he would come back and he has," Padme added, and Leia was mutinously silent.

"Fine," she said, and hurried to follow Padme, who was already a few steps ahead of her.

What a quintessential mother-daughter exchange!

BTW, UP!!!

15. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    OMG!!! I hope they won't think Anakin is responsible!!![face_worried]

Can you believe it, I just read the entire story in one sitting. It took me hours, my eyes are hurting...but it was worth it. I'm so into this story!!! Usually I'm not into A&P mush too much (just a little), but this has such an intriguing plot that it kept me going.

I love your take on this last instalment, it is a mirror image of RotJ, except it is Anakin and not Luke who turns himself in. And I also love that Ani doesn't want to be called Darth Vader, just as in the movies he said "...that name no longer has a meaning to me". Aaaah the suspense. I hope the rebellion will use Anakin to destroy the Death Star since he is still the best pilot in the galaxy.

Damn Palpy! Always has to be one step in front of everybody. :mad:

Oh, but where are Han and Chewee??? Are you gonna bring them in? [face_praying]

On a different note, congratulations on the baby! Although he must be a year old by now. [face_thinking] :D

16. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    I created a litle picture for your story. I hope you like it. [face_blush]

Choices

This captures the moment of their departure from one another, after they decided to join the rebellion. Ami goes towards their children while Ani goes towards the Empire, with Qui-Gon's guidence.
    [face_mischief]

17. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    jmsbndgrl: Awww! Anakin and Padme are sweet. I'm glad Padme got to have a conversation with Leia about her father.

Now we just need to get rid of the old hag and all will be good.

Great update!

Thanks! Yep, that window of understanding for Leia into her father's humanity was a long time coming. Her mother was about the only person capable of giving her that.

Amidala66: Well that was a great cliffie!!!

I like how you wrote this chapter. It was very nicely done.

Good luck on your finals

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. [face_blush] Thanks also on the best wishes of the grades, I pulled through with two good grades so far but the third hasn't been posted yet, so we'll just keep our fingers crossed...[face_worried]

HandmaidenVeme: Better late than never , and don't worry about how long it took for you to update because I believe that it was well worth the wait!!!!!!

Thanks for the PM

Thanks for still reading and following, glad you liked it @};-

ratna: I loved the reunion moment as you wrote it.

The dialogue between them is so sparse, but so filled with implied emotion. Excellent.

Thanks. More is less sometimes. :D

The dialogue about accommodations, and the Rebellion's resolve:
    We are not the Empire.
    Right on.

Yeah...if they did do things out of spite they would really be no different than the Empire, and that's a central theme.

This is a central theme in this saga. Essentially, in RotS, Anakin gave up his Soul for Padme. This is profoundly meaningful when one considers that, in terms of the archetype, (and in terms of his love for her) Padme IS Anakin's Soul. What a paradox, to give up one's Soul to save one's Soul! If one looks at it this way, it is obvious what a wrong decision this is. But the paradox was hidden from Anakin, and so he accepted the Devil's bargain...

Good point; Anakin definately suffered a spiritual death (or more accurately a deep coma) when Padme was taken from him. It's really too bad he couldn't look a little further into his actions and figure out that joining the darkness was the very thing that would separate them.

Dialogue in the detention cell was very well done.

The rest of that embrace ... well, what can I say. Very delicately and heartfully written.

[face_blush] Thanks. I love romance and coupling, but I try to keep it above smut....

Another important insight, and very motherly. Well done.

Yeah...I guess it helps being a mother (or just loving someone very much), and it hurts to see them punish/hate themselves in such a way.

The fact that Vader had been a slave as a child is very important to the story on many levels. (Explains the presence of pain and rage in his soul from the beginning, also explains his vulnerability to being enshackled by Palpatine, and by the soul-forfeiting deeds that Palpatine set him up to commit.) Including it here as a window through which Leia can perceive her father's humanity is an excellent and important touch.

It was only Padme who could show her his humanity. And it's important that Anakin now realizes Palpatine is a liar-always.

Just cruisin' back to savor this story again:

What a quintessential mother-daughter exchange!

*blush* I'm glad you've gotten so much out of it

Jedi_Master_Cazz: That was a great chappy! And a chilling ending! Didn't see that coming at all! More more more!

Cheers_Cazza

Glad I can still build the intrigue. More cliffies to come [face_devil]

Anakin_heart_Padme: Beautiful writing, chilling cliffy more please

Thank you @};-

smiley_rancor: Lovely dialogue between Padme/Leia and Padme/Anakin. I liked the way Anakin wished to shed the Darth Vader identity so publicly. Again, Evil Cliffe!!!!!!!!!!! - the scary evil shrivelled one is on the way!

Hope your finals went well!

s_r

Thanks, I'm g

18. IsithTorin_DarkJedi

IsithTorin_DarkJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    YES! Padme and Anakin are together again, and this time with the whole family.

It seems as if Leia may have taken a step in the right direction; it may be small, but at least its a start.

It seems that behind every corner lies Palpy, Lord of Doom, waiting to disrrupt any good that our heroes are doing. Good thing is, the Alliance is bound to win in the end.

Great update.

19. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I'm was hearing of some evil rumor of 'cliffies' happening around these parts and wouldn't you know? They were right!

:eek:

Most, most, most evil of you!

[face_devil]

But not all that bad.

:p

Great story!

:)

20. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    IsithTorin_DarkJedi:

YES! Padme and Anakin are together again, and this time with the whole family.

It seems as if Leia may have taken a step in the right direction; it may be small, but at least its a start.

It seems that behind every corner lies Palpy, Lord of Doom, waiting to disrrupt any good that our heroes are doing. Good thing is, the Alliance is bound to win in the end.

Great update.

Leia is taking emotional baby steps towards being a part of the Skywalker family, particularly in her strained relationship with Vader. And you know Palpatine-he is patient, and cunning, and smart. He will be a formidable opponent, but if eliminated, it will result in a much brighter galaxy.

Glad you enjoyed. [face_peace]

Jedi_Queen_Mx

I'm was hearing of some evil rumor of 'cliffies' happening around these parts and wouldn't you know? They were right!

Most, most, most evil of you!

But not all that bad.

Great story!

Well....:D it seems I don't know how to end not on a cliffy. But glad you enjoyed. Until next time @};-

21. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Great update and wonderful scene with the Skywalker family. Loved it. Thanks for all of the PMs, I really appreciate it.:)

22. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    Darth-Buddy:

Great update and wonderful scene with the Skywalker family. Loved it. Thanks for all of the PMs, I really appreciate it.

[face_blush] Thanks, it's special in it's own way they're together again. I'll keep up with your PM's if you wish to remain on the list (there's only another 1-2 chap. left).

[face_peace]

23. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
  24. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    Back atcha-I can tell you like your emoticons!

It's being beta'd, so hopefully it will be up soon.

25. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Chapter 33: Endgame

The walls start breathing
    My minds unweaving
    Maybe it?s best you leave me alone
    A weight is lifted
    On this evening
    I give the final blow
    When darkness turns to light
    It ends tonight

Tyson Ritter~Move Along

Ripples of the Force could be felt in the room by even those who weren't inherently sensitive to it. First, the uneasy shifting. Next would come the announcement. Anakin looked at Mon and swallowed; she wore an unreadable expression and slowly turned her gaze to the command module viewport. Noises on the control panel would sound, she knew, and then they would find, in one way or another, that they had been cornered.

"Senator Mothma" Lt. Haldis said. "I've detected....it looks like an Imperial ship." He turned to look at her anxiously.

"I know." Mothma said softly, despair and resolve both crossing her features.

Without thinking, Anakin moved closer to Padme and took her hand. Now the entire room had Haldis' attention.

Haldis held the receiver to his ear, listening intently. He looked up at Mon. "He's requesting access onto the vessel."

Mon raised her chin slightly, considering her options quickly before realizing there really were none. "Well, I suppose we don't have another choice, do we?" she said, almost sadly. "Allow him in."

Leia jerked her head in Vader's direction, wearing a startled expression, before looking back at Luke. He reached out through the Force for assistance, and, finding his answer, turned to Leia. "It wasn't him." he said, shaking his head. "The Emperor must have followed his Force signature."

Minutes passed before the doors opened with a hiss and shut behind the Emperor, everyone in the room now facing him with baited breath and grim uncertainty. Anakin was surprised he didn't bring any of his guards, but considering, knew they never would be much assistance in defending him against Force sensitives.

"Emperor," Mon said without ceremony, letting his name linger and die in the air. He was smaller in person than she had remembered, but emanated no less darkness. The room seemed more oppressive, and Mon knew without asking that his fleet was watching their primary vessel even as they congregated. She briefly considered the plight of the pilots, now far from the danger they were in, who had been sent to target the Death Star. Mon quickly pushed the thought out of her mind, not wanting the Emperor to be privvy to that knowledge.

The Emperor was brief. "I seek counsel with Lord Vader," he hissed, then turned to where Mon, Admiral Ackbar, and the twins were standing. Anakin heard a warning whispered in the Force and, without thinking, summoned his crimson lightsaber from where it rested on Luke's belt. It reached his hand almost instantaneously, just a moment before an omnipotent hum filled the room and Force walls were erected, separating the area where Anakin, Padme, and the Emperor stood from everyone else.

Padme gasped and placed her hand on the blaster holstered on her hip, Anakin stood beside her and placed his arm out in front of her in a protective gesture, even before Commander Hur reached her. Behind the scarlet Force wall, Luke and Leia had done the same. Luke ignited his lightsaber and touched the wall tentatively; he could see what was occuring, but probing attempts with his lightsaber appeared to have little or no effect; each touch reverberated with an electric shock. He looked at Leia helplessly, but her eyes were glued to the scene unfolding in front of them.

The Emperor turned to face his former second in Command, his rage well hidden now beneath a dark and frigid demeanor. When he had considered how Vader could defect without his foresight, he realized the truth-he was guided by the Light side of the Force; by love rather than greed, by compassion rather than power. And the Emperor had to admit, infuriatingly, that the Jedi were not dead. They would be soon.

His eyes shifted to the reason for Vader's defection and he saw her, his former colleague, standing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.