main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Reincarnation: Epilogue *Complete* (AU. Romance. Vader meets a cloned Padme)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dtdang2, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Is Jobal some sort of Jedi so that she knows that the dream means something or is it mother intuition??

I know it's hard for them but would it really be Padmè??

Great Post!!
    :D
    Thanx for PM!!

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    You did a really good job showcasing the different thoughts about cloning Padme.

I somehow think Jobal won't be as happy with Padme's clone as she thinks she will. The clone won't be the exact same as Padme...

I'm looking forward to the clone showing up though.

Great update!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    **scratches his chin and waits to interrupt**

**raises hand**

Um, yea, Ruwee, can you just go ahead and make that two Padme's... Yea... Thanks there buddy!

__

Great update, can't wait to see what happens next. And how long do they have to wait for there Padme clone? What kinda growth accelartion are they going to have on them.

4. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    =D= Clappers! Thanks for the PM and great update!

More soon please! :D

5. zvalarens

zvalarens Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    *Force sends zvalerens soft Kleenex*
    Thank you very much:)

So here comes clone Padme. Both Sola and Jobal have interesting views on the subject, but it seemed like Sola is going along with it too easily. I hope this won't be an evil Padme clone, but something tells me that she won't be exactly the same. This is going to be very interesting.

Great Post! Thanks for the pm.

6. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    I need some Kleenex, too. The white room and the rain, very prophetic. I just wonder what Vader will think once he lays eyes on the copy of his beloved Padme. Once issue, though, what about her soul?

7. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    so they know about the cloners now[face_thinking] the plot thickens and i cant wait ,update soon[face_dancing]

8. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    I've been following this for abit so I finally decided to delurk and post.

This is a beautifully sad tale. That the Naberries are so deep in their grief to bring Padme back in this manner shows the emptiness her depature has left in their hearts. However, I believe Sola was correct in saying that it is unnatural. While the clone may look like Padme, it could be completely different. Or it could behave in ways they could never deal with. So many possibilities and they are all tragic. Plus, if a certain Dark Lord of the Sith catches wind of her existence, things could get very tenuous.

This is a very cleaver idea you have going. I am quite curious to see where you will take this. Hope to see more soon!

9. mmfcfa

mmfcfa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2005
    Thanks for the up-date. :)

Wow! Ok, not a Kleenex moment but damn close.:(
    Sola seems to be the only one with some idea of what kind of consequence cloning may produce. But she gave in too soon to her mom's grief. Hope this isn't an ominous sign of what's to come.
    I'm more curious now than sad. Don't wait too long to your next installation.[face_peace]

10. alexceasar

alexceasar Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    Good speculations. I cant wait for more. Great job.

11. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    Grief can make you do strange things. I feel like Padme's mother's dream means that there is more to this clone thing then even they think. Will of the Force? Great post.

12. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hmmmm....will it be the same Padme? I guess that is the big question!! Oh yeah that and what the duece will Vader do when he sees her!!

That post really had me sympathizing with Jobal. I mean if you have the ability to clone your child and at least in theory get them back from the dead who can blame her for wanting that. I just hope it doesn't have disasterous results....

Great update and thanks for the PM.

13. ladie_padawan

ladie_padawan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I just got done reading this story and I have to say it's not what I expected, but so much more! After the ending of Reunited, I just had to check it out and look forward to more.

14. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Arwen-Jade_Kenobi:Thanks! :D

Galactic_Girl:Next chapter's going to be the cloning chapter!:D

jmsbndgrl:Clones are genetically the same, but a person's upbringing certainly influences their personality. It would be Padme,...but different![face_batting]

JediArym:You'll have to wait and see if Padme is the same...and I'll PM you when I post again!:D

HandmaidenVeme:Thanks for the tidbit on the family who named the 2nd daughter same as the first. It would be interesting to see how she turned out! I'll let you know when I post again!:D

jpauln:You have a lot of good questions! I'm working out the kinks on my story, and all your questions will be answered!:D

Kitten:Jobal is in too much pain over the loss of her daughter to think rationally. She wants a quick fix for her pain!:)

Starshine:It would genetically be Padme, but whether it is truly her remains to be seen...:D

callmesweet16: You pose some good questions. It remains to be seen...You're welcome for the PM. I'll let you know when I post again! :D

KELIA:Thanks. Cloning is so controversial right now, and the debate goes on. It's just an interesting concept. I'll let you know when I update! :D

darksideyesplease:[face_laugh] [face_laugh] You're funny. While they're at it, they can clone me a Hayden Christensen, too!!:D All your questions will be answered in the next post!:D

Aiel:Thanks!:D

zvalarensYou're welcome for the Kleenex and the PM. I'll let you know when I post again!:D

widow_skywalker:*Force sends widow skywalker some Kleenex too*:D I will address the issue of her soul in upcoming chapters...[face_batting]

sithrules:Yes, the plot thickens!! I'll update soon!:D

JediMasterRev:Thanks for delurking!!![:D] As for cloning, there is so much controversy about it in the real world as it is. It won't be long before someone will decide to clone a human, and there are so many ethical questions that quite possibly will never be answered. In the star wars universe, I'm going to have fun with the cloning issue. Thanks for reading!!:D

mmfcfa:I'm glad you're liking the story so far. I'll let you know when I update again.

alexceasar:Hopefully the next chapter will answer some questions!!!:D

Pokey:Will of the Force?...Perhaps...you'll find out in the next couple of chapters!!:D

ANAKINSBABY:There's great debate about the cloning issue! It would genetically be Padme, but her upbringing would probably be a bit different, therefore the question remains whether it is actually her or not. I'll try to answer these questions throughout the story. :D

ladie_padawan: I'm glad to have you on this story board too!! Thanks for all your support!! I hope you enjoy this story.:D

15. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Chapter 5: The Clone Factory

Ruwee, Jobal, and Sola undertook the long journey to Kamino and the Clone Factory.
    Lama Su had sent Ruwee the coordinates, and as the Naberries traveled to the distant planet, each person was immersed in their own thought about the implications of what they were about to do.

Jobal was excited about the whole idea of having Padme cloned. She didn?t want to think about the consequences or future problems that may arise. She just wanted Padme back, to fill the void in her heart. Although scared of the consequences, Ruwee?s heart ached whenever he thought of Padme?s death. He wanted his wife to be happy, and the thought of holding Padme in his arms again justified the process that they would have to go through to have her. Sola was a bit more apprehensive than her parents. She felt that there were going to be consequences to her action. She thought of scenarios where Padme would find out the truth. She vowed that she would never let anyone know the truth except her parents and husband. She would not even tell Ryoo and Pooja. They were too young to understand. Sola sighed as she thought of all the lies and deception that they would have to tell by undergoing the cloning process. But they had come so far, and she wasn?t going to let second thoughts affect the overall decision that the family had made.

When they arrived at Kamino, they saw a grey planet with swirling clouds. As they approached the surface, all they could see was a vast sea of turbulent ocean water. Thunder and lightening flashed in the sky. They saw several white city-pods in the water, and landed on the pod numbered 118254 as Lama Su had instructed.

As the gate of the city was opened for their arrival, they were personally met by the Prime minister, Lama Su.

?Hello my old friend?It has been a very long while since we have seen each other. Welcome to Kamino.? Lama Su greeted them.

?Thank you, Lama Su. It has been so long. Forty years, perhaps? Let me introduce you to my wife Jobal, and my daughter, Sola.?

?Very pleased to meet you,? Lama Su said.

Jobal and Sola bowed their heads and both said, ?Pleased to meet you too.?

?I am sorry for your loss.? Lama Su told them.

?Thank you, Lama Su. It has been so tragic. We cannot bear the pain. Padme was so young, so full of life?? Ruwee told him. ?It has been very difficult for our family, which is why we come here for your help.?

Lama Su told him, ?You have helped us so much by rebuilding our city to withstand the harsh environment here. It still stands after all these years. I will forever be grateful for that. Anything that we can do for you, please ask.?

Ruwee decided to be direct, and said, ?Lama Su, please help us clone Padme. We have strands of her hair from an old brush that you can use.?

?Is this something that you have thought about carefully?? Lama Su asked.

?Yes.? Ruwee answered.

?Then consider it done.? Lama Su told them.

Lama Su took the intricately carved hair brush that had been in Padme?s locked box. There were still strands of her curly brown hair in the brush. ?This will work nicely. We will extract her DNA from the hair bulb? he told them, and led Ruwee, Jobal, and Sola into the cloning laboratory.

In the cloning facility, the Naberries saw hundreds of clones being manufactured. They surmised that these were the Empire?s Storm Troopers. The clones were in different groups; some were learning computer skills, others marching in formation. Sola had reservations when she saw all the embryos being grown in jars, but one look at her parent?s hopeful faces was all it took for her to steel her resolve to clone Padme. They had already traveled so far, and was so close to having Padme back again. She didn?t want to disappoint her parents, especially her Mother.

The scientists at the clone factory extracted DNA from Padme?s hair sample, and at Ruwee?s request, cloned her DNA into only one embryo. The Naberries wanted an unaltered clone of Padme. They knew that the

16. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    Creepy!!

17. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Hmmm, I never trusted those Kamino Cloners.
    They are very shifty.
    I do hope things turn out OK, but I think it was a rather bad idea to clone Padme instead of just honoring her memory. I do hope they know what they are doing here. [face_thinking]

Nice Update! =D=

18. mmfcfa

mmfcfa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2005
    Just read your new installation. :)

Aww, no rapid growth acceleration for Padme? :(
    Well, you did say there was going to be an almost 20-year age gap between Padme and Anakin/Vader. But Sola being the surrogate mom..
    I guess Jobal can't carry a full-term pregnancy anyway.

Can't wait for the next one. Don't forget to update me!:D

19. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    This reminds me of that movie called Godsend. A couple's 8 year old son died then they had him cloned. When the clone turned 8, he had visions of his "death". Very creepy movie indeed.

Back to this fic...I can't wait until Padme's clone grows up and meet up
    with Darth Vader. Will the clone be part of the rebel alliance?

I hope you update soon!

20. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    That was an excellent chapter... Although, Sola will now be mother to her sister, and Jobal will be grandmother to her daughter, and the cute little Ryoo and Pooja will be sisters to their aunt....Oh, my head is spinning.

Great chapter, and keep up the great work(and thanks for the Force kleenex!)

21. zvalarens

zvalarens Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    That was weird and exciting! I didn't expect Sola to be a surrogate, good twist! Definitely getting creepy, but I love it.
    Great update!

22. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Sola the surrogate mom, now that is creepy.

No growth acceleration. Oh well, means a longer wait for Vader.

I still think cloning Padme was a bad idea. I know she will be an exact genetic match, but will she be exactly like the original. [face_thinking]

Don't forget to notify me when you update. :D

23. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Whoa, now this is weird: Sola will be Padmé's mom and no growth accleration?? [face_thinking]...this is very unorthodox. But it makes for an interesting future for little Padmé, especially when she meets Vader again.

Very good update. =D=

24. rb657062

rb657062 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Wow...this is certainly turning out to be an interesting twist in the regular star wars trilogy. I never anticipated that Sola would act as Padme's birth mother. I always imagined Padme's clone in a scientific laboratory, growing for 8-9 months.

Eagerly awaiting more. :)

- Rachel

25. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    very creepy indeed. Sola carrying a clone of her sister, that is just... odd. but a great twist in the story, very nicely done.

look forward to tons more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.