main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reinstate Darth Sapient Petition Thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Lord_NoONE, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Are people allowed to talk this way about/to DS just because he's a mod?

[face_plain]

-Aunecah

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    no, not because he is a mod, but because he's made more U-turns that a London cabbie

3. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I hope sapient did whats best for himself and not anyone else. I FOR one will be glad to have our main mod back in the 3sa where he is missed.

4. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I hope sapient did whats best for himself and not anyone else

very well put

we're all extremely happy to see our Head Administrator back in his usual position

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hey Sape, nice to see you back in Yellow! :D

Will you be back in 3SA soon? ;)

6. Darthette

Darthette Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm so glad Sapient is back! :D

I'm sure he gave the matter deep thought and did what he thinks is best for himself. It's not like he's better than the other mods or like they are better than him. This was a situation where every individual needed to look at his own circumstances and make their own decision as best they could.

7. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    no, not because he is a mod, but because he's made more U-turns that a London cabbie

I personally don't care how many U-turns he's made. DS is one of the very, very few Mods I trust. I'm glad he's back, regardless.

I hope the others can come back. :( But I don't know about that. :_|

8. DarthBane420

DarthBane420 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 13, 2003
    I have a question, are all of you who dumped your icons to support the mods going to continue with your nude posting until the other Mods are reinstated?
    Or was the icon-less jesture only for Sapes?
    I can tell you I won't be having an icon until they are all back. :)

9. Darthette

Darthette Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2003
    I admit it, I'm selfish. I missed my Icon. I felt naked, so I put it back.

10. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    My icon is staying off until I can make more sense of this.

(Translation: I would like to see the Mods come back. Please!).

11. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    So he only asked for name and address. What did you believe he was originally asking for?

And why wasn't that solved by simply visiting the site and seeing what was required?

12. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    So if DS isn't going back to his Head Administrator position, is there a discussion going on about who the Head Administrator is going to be? Or is DS going to be promoted to his previous promotion?

-Aunecah

13. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I have NO problem with you back as a Mod, DS :)

There must been some good reasons you were popular amoung the users before.

I think it was because you were fair, calm, nonbashing, chatty, friendly Most of the time earned you that respect.

That's what matters in the end. And I know you will stick to that. Your U-turns shouldn't change that much.

You say E-Power isn't your focus, Ok, I'll trust you on this one for now :)

As for the whole issue itself, I think more should be explained, expressed in the next few hours, or days. I STILL support the other demoted mod out there.
    I STILL think the private information requirement is dumb.

All of this STILL confuses me!

However, what can I do alone? If none of you cares about this anymore why should I?

14. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Put yourselves in Sape's shoes for a second, and honestly ask yourselves how you would handle it. And you apparently aren't allowed to ever change your mind on anything, even when you get additional information you didn't have when you made your original decision.

I also hope the other 16 former mods are given full access to the same information Sape got. That would be the right thing to do.

15. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    royalguard96: My feelings exactly. He clearly stated that he got information that forced him to rethink his position. Or is changing your position a crime on these boards nowadays?

-Aunecah

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So if DS isn't going back to his Head Administrator position, is there a discussion going on about who the Head Administrator is going to be? Or is DS going to be promoted to his previous promotion?

-Aunecah

I'd imagine that we'll hear something about this in the near future. Things are settling down.

Although, if I had to guess, I'd say it's going to be either Raven or Grilled-Sarlacc. I'm accepting wagers on the Celebrity Deathmatch between the two (Josh's favorite way for us to promote Head Admins! ;))

17. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    I'd imagine that we'll hear something about this in the near future. Things are settling down.

Although, if I had to guess, I'd say it's going to be either Raven or Grilled-Sarlacc. I'm accepting wagers on the Celebrity Deathmatch between the two (Josh's favorite way for us to promote Head Admins!)

Is the match going to be public? [face_mischief]

-Aunecah

18. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I imagine it will be GS only because he is a marine and if it comes down to a death match, well, marines can kick just about anyones ass.

Cept that of the Airborne or Special Ops, but Birdy is not in the Airborne or Special Ops. I hope Birdy will at least last a couple rounds, I've got three hundred credits that he'll last until round 4, but after that. . .the Marine will wipe the floor with him.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Ah, the eternal question:

Kilts vs. Marine Uniforms.

20. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    So he only asked for name and address. What did you believe he was originally asking for?

I can tell you that I signed up myself -- when I was checking it out for a couple of other mods -- and it's quite obvious what information is asked for. How anyone could be confused as to the data wanted is beyond me. I wonder how this might've played out had some of the mods that completely freaked at the beginning had just bothered to do some research first.

21. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    well, marines can kick just about anyones ass.

yeah, and frequently they are shooting and killing their own men by accident - not many other countries armies can boast that they are that hard.

22. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Wait a minute. DS said that he was confused about the data wanted :confused: I thought he said he was confused about why Philip wanted the data.

-Aunecah

23. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Welcome back, DarthSapient!

I'm glad you were able to return to us. 3SA wouldn't have been the same without you!

But, my money's on G-S for the head admin spot, for the same reasons Errant Venture listed. :p

24. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    However, what can I do alone? If none of you cares about this anymore why should I?

I still care, JediMaster22. :(

25. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I thought crusading for modship was looked down on and a good way NOT to become a mod. I guess if you grovel and crusade enough, you can make it happen.

BTW...I agree with Darren (Dags) on this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.