Reinstate Darth Sapient Petition Thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Lord_NoONE, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. lord-darkhelmet Jedi Knight

star 3
    [Aunecah_Skywalker]: "Or is changing your position a crime on these boards nowadays?"

I think changing your mind is admitting that you're wrong which, I believe, is punishable by e-death on the Internet.
  2. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    yeah, and frequently they are shooting and killing their own men by accident - not many other countries armies can boast that they are that hard

Hey, it keeps the surviving marines on their toes.

Yes, that is the eternal question: kilts vs. marine uniform. I still gotta side with the marine uniform, but you never know, Birdy may cheat or something and get an unfair advantage over the marine. I imagine flashing the marine may give him a few precious seconds to get in a couple solid hits, but beyond that?

I guess we'll all have to wait and see how this turns out.
  3. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think changing your mind is admitting that you're wrong which, I believe, is punishable by e-death on the Internet.

Gottcha! Must be why all those people who argue with me on the Senate Floor never admit that they are wrong though it's pretty obvious that they are. 8-}

-Aunecah
  4. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    "I agree with Darren (Dags) on this issue. "

Please, don't humanise him with a real name.
  5. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    Oh, and another thing, those mods who resigned in protest with you must really be loving you right now. Totally left them out to dry, haven't you ?

Definitely no need for that.
  6. Darth_Zidious Chosen One

star 4
    Good to see the black and yellow. Now I can start violently disagreeing with you again. :D
  7. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No point for this post after the edit.

:)

-Aunecah
  8. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Edited after Raven's edit.

And I am installing GS as a 3-1 favorite. Place your bets!!
  9. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    For those of who speculating as to who the next SC is, please keep in mind that it's the loser that gets the job. :)

The Death Match just got a little stranger...
  10. FateNaberrie Force Ghost

star 6
    Attention Thread:

You are now officially wasting your time in this thread. Please start a one for the next mod on the demoted list so that he/she can brownnose until he/she realizes that it's to no avail, and then furiously backpeddle in an attempt to regain some semblance of th e-power that he/she has lost. Sapient no longer needs our support. Thank you.
  11. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    I want to make sure I have this straight;

Sapes said: When I actually stopped to look at the registration and what was required, it became clear that things would be fine.

So you're saying that you went through all this...getting no where in MS, getting demoted, rallyuing ppl in comms...before you actually took 2 minutes to check what was required? I fail to see the sense in that. You're smarter than that. And because of that is does look to me you compromised your original principles simple so you could get your colours back. If I'm misinterpreting something, please tell me.

I am also in a postion where I'm on DA's side of the fence. And that sickens me.
  12. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Loser? So the winner will be the one who gets killed?

I think I might need to rearrange my bets. :( Once I figure out how to word it. [face_plain]

I also don't see why DS is being ridiculed for coming back. Big deal. He left, decided to submit his info and is now back. If the other ex-mods wish to do so, then they are able to and will be welcomed back with open arms. They all made a personal decesion, and I don't see how Sapes affects the others decesions at all.
  13. Qui Gon Jim23 Force Ghost

star 5
    I thought crusading for modship was looked down on and a good way NOT to become a mod. I guess if you grovel and crusade enough, you can make it happen.

He just keeps defying the odds, doesn't he?
  14. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    We the people who have put up with this DRAMA for the past week deserve to know ALL the stupid details.

Indeed - all the warm up but without the main event :(
  15. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    [Edmond Blackadder]What's that great orange hedge?[/Edmond Blackadder]

[Baldrick]They're Scots M'lord...[/Baldrick]

My money's on Raven...
  16. FateNaberrie Force Ghost

star 6
    I also don't see why DS is being ridiculed for coming back. Big deal. He left, decided to submit his info and is now back.

You must not be able to read. Here's why:
    Sape refused to give his info on principle. He didn't want to sacrifice his sacred e-anonymity simply for PhilipWise's benefit. He was opposed to anyone, anywhere on the internet, knowing more about his personal info than what state he lived him.

Then, he got demoted.
    Suddenly, 'e-power' (and I use the term very loosely with little discretion) at the JC became more important than protecting his identity-as he had been crusading for. Of course, he's allowed to decide that e-power is more important than protecting his wife and two children (whom he specifically cited as concerns in this issue)...but a lot of us think it's pretty low.
  17. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sape refused to give his info on principle. He didn't want to sacrifice his sacred e-anonymity simply for PhilipWise's benefit. He was opposed to anyone, anywhere on the internet, knowing more about his personal info than what state he lived him.

Ah. I seemed to have skimmed over that. Could you please provide the posts where DS said that he wasn't giving out his information because he didn't want to sacrifice his sacred e-anonymity simply for PhilipWise's benefit? I suppose he also posted somewhere that he is now sacrificing his e-anonymity simply because he wanted e-power?

Your help is much appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,
    Aunecah Skywalker
  18. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Or perhaps he realized that it is fairly easy to find someones address on the net, and decided if anyone wants it, well they can get it. So perhaps he just figured out that he might as well give the information, as his identity was not secure anyways and decided "what the hell".

In the end, who cares?

Please note, that it is for reasons like this why I'll never be PR admin. :p

Anyways, back to the betting. Are you betting that Birdy will win or lose? Since apparently the loser will be the new SC, but how can that be if he is dead?
  19. UK Sullustian Force Ghost

star 4
    REPOST:

Has Santa honestly answered the question:

"Why do you need to know my name and where I live?"

Has he?

UKS
  20. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    He just keeps denying the odds, doesn't he?

Yep.
  21. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
  22. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    And might I add, that anyone with a postion of power, no matter where, should eb held accountable for their actions.

But I don't think he should be ridiculed.
  23. Qui Gon Jim23 Force Ghost

star 5
  24. Skateboard_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    the JC just officially jumped the shark.
  25. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    *yawn*

Well done sapient your ***kissing worked.

Lets move along people.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.