main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Rejected Spam Productions (RPC)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ben_Skywalker, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Well I was thinking ~~~> :D

EDIT:
    YAY! PAGE TWO IS ALL MINE! :p

2. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    *Usurps Chim*

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    *Dies outloud* :_|

*Takes and hides powers somewhere* :p

4. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    I think the council idea will be too complicated. We're probably going to stick to the idea of anyone sending me their RP ideas and us voting altoghether. Unless anyone objects.

And not counting TDO and Mitth's RPs (which will need to be sent via PM with what I asked for) I've recieved a total of two RP descriptions including my own. I'm sure the lot of you have interesting RP ideas floating around your head. If I don't get 5 RPGs by friday, we'll go ahead and vote with the ones we have. :)

5. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Works for me.

6. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I don't have any ideas that I can contribute Just yet [face_blush]

But I will be sure to vote and help out in any other way that I can :)

7. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I've recieved a total of two RP descriptions including my own

Darn... I worked on that submission when I should have been doing homework because I thought I'd have to hurry to get it in or the five proposals would be filled up within an hour...

Grrr...

8. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    The work is still appreciated Yomin :) I hope you did okay with your homework.

9. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I have an idea, I just have to work it out.

10. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    Alright, FID and I were talking and have come up with an alright idea on how to effectively end RP and the battles.

The idea is simple: The more creative and more eloquent RPer wins.

During a battle or any other conflict, FID, myself and maybe a few others will observe the posts between the RPers. We will then decide who will win the battle. After we have decided (we'll tell you by PM), the two factions will end it to their choosing based on who the winner is.

This concept will be useful in 2 ways:
    1. The game will effectively end with hopefully no time wasted and no complaints (we will be unbiased, I assure you).
    2. Everyone must admit that there are those who RP more creatively than others. The concept will allow members to learn from each other and improve their skills in RPing in order to win any battles.

Hopefully the idea will be a success. If anyone has any questions, suggestions, or opinions please feel free to state them.

11. freak-pudding

freak-pudding Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2002
    *nods head*

Sounds good to me...

12. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    i like your idea....sounds like it will work very well.

13. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    Sounds good to me :)

14. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    Let me get this straight. We make an RPG, come up with an ending, and then do the story to it?

Sounds Good!

15. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    can I join?

16. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Anyone can join.

17. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Sounds like a good idea to me!

18. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Sounds good to me

19. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    Sounds good again!

20. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    So here are our choices for this rounds RPG. Please be patient and read them all equally. Then give your vote on which RP you'd like to play. If you want to, you can send your vote through PM.

1:

[b]Era:[/b] Rebellion
    [b]Plotline:[/b] Two forces, Rebel and Imperial, discover an outlying system with a great deal of resources. As both attempt to send a report back to their High Command, they find their communications across the galaxy disrupted by a supernova, and hyperspace travel halted by this same supernova.

Now, isolated in a remote system, the two factions vie (sp?) for dominance.

Basically a galaxy-wide RP on a system-wide scale. Each faction would have a small force of ships, (very, very small...). They would then fight for control over the system, mostly with land battles, and a precious few naval battles.

Think of it as Starcraft (or Galactic Battlegrounds, or any other similar game), except taking places on several planets.

Every aspect of a RPG such as WOTG is shrunk, Imperial Intelligence is shrunk to the Intelligence liason aboard the Imperial ships, and a few commandos. The Imperial Navy is shrunk to a tiny taskforce.

[i]Author:[/i] Yomin_Carr

[hr]

2:

[b]The Mind Galaxy[/b]

[i]First Part [/i]

Its several years after ANH the galaxy has fallen apart and the hyperdrive has been long forgotten, only a few planest is populated in the now known parts of the galaxy. The contact with the outer rimm had been lost and soon the population there died out.
    But a new way of travveling the space has been found. instead of hyperdrive, there are teleports that is used to travvel between plantes. the only problem is that organic matereal cannot be teleported. Once the cells have been de-materialzed they won´t come back in its original form.
    So, for species there is also a new way to travvel the galaxy.
    You step into a "mind ship" its an device that connects the mind to the universe and with this you use your mind to travvel the universe, to explore and re-deiscover the galaxy once again.
    Diplomatic meetings and other forms of contacts between the planets is always done this. Different minds come togeather in one place and uses telepathic powers to speak to echother.
    The Jedi and Sith has also been burried in the past and force users are know more known as wizards or sorcress, they don´t have the powers of the former Jedi or Sith but a few force technuiqes is known.
    The blasters and speeders are used.
    The planets that are inhabitted have often to forms of enivorment.
    Either the big cities that reaches the skyes, or the farm land. Food fields as loong as your eye can see. this is often 50/50 of the planets surface.
    There are 4 known inhabited planets.
    Coruscant, Irodinia (don´t know the correct spelling), Gevanio and Heevion (two made up planets). Heevion is the main mining planet, they mine everything from crystals to iron and ore, and the recourses never seems to run out.
    The top roulers is the telepaths, since its only they who can actually use the "Mind Ships" to its full potential they are often seen working as roulers, diplomats and so furth.
    The telepath´s are found often in birth, the gouverments on each planet has instituted a baby center where all birth´s is made. Since the population is so heave you have to have a baby-licens to have a baby, this is a licens that is givven to people from the gouverment that aprooves them to have babys.
    The chanses of a couple with one telepath to have a telepathic baby is about 50% and with two telepath´s its 75%, the chances of a couple with no telepath´s is less than 20% so its more common with couple´s with telepaths in the relationship to have a baby-licens.
    But there are also non-registered telepath´s on these planets, they often work underground with the crime-networks to be used of them.
    The telepath´s have one more advantege with the "mind ship", they can travell to these planets and seek a person, use telepathic powers to speak with them, but also, do pain in their minds. They can actually kill

21. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Behold, for I have voted:

My vote is for the first RPG. I like the story line, it not too small and not to big either.

The second one isn't bad, just a little too complicated, it would be nice for an independent RPG.

The third one isn't bad either. Sounds a little WWII to me, but that could be just me.

In any case I like the first one better, so that is were my vote goes. :D

22. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Hey guys and girls.

It's a very intersting idea you've got going here Ben and I'd be more than happy to help out. Anything in the name of better roleplaying, right? :D

Anyway I'd like to put forward an idea of my own to see what people think.

As has already been covered, pre-determining a game's ending before you begin isn't going to result in a very fun game. But let's just take this idea and run with it for a sec.

Why would you want to have the game set out from the beginning? To give players a goal to work towards? To encourage better roleplaying? To provide some sort of conflict for the players? Pretty much, yes.

And that is what being a GM is all about. It's not enough to create a short background, a character for yourself and let people join in. It's not even enough to tell the players about some bounty, hidden treasure, or war that they can go fight in. In fact, it's not even enough to simply tell your players that 5 guards burst into the room and wait for them to kill them all with a simple sentence or two in their reply post. No, a GM has to provide much more.

It sounds tough, but that's the way you make goals for the players and make them want to get further - to beat their enemies, to track down the bounty, to recover the ancient artifact.

so perhaps the RPC needs to have some sort of GM school on the side. These group-designed RPGs will still probably be good, but, as they say, it takes two to tango, and by the same token it takes two to roleplay.

I hope that all makes sense. If you're interested, check out the game I started up a few weeks ago. It's fairly heavy on the rules, and it's only seen a small amount of attention but it's there.

I'll kepp an eye out for when you next want game ideas sent in. I've got one or two planned that could be a good bit of fun. :D

23. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    Haven't seen you in awhile, Syrix. Good to see you again. And your advice is a good one. Perhaps you'd like to spearhead this GM school concept in the future?

And as for our first RPG voting process:

1st RPG: 1 votes
    2nd RPG: 0 votes
    3rd RPG: 0 votes

btw, the 3rd RPG is indeed similar to WWII. If we play it, hopefully we can add a SW twist to the famous battles of D-Day. :)

24. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I vote for the first RPG.

25. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I'd be honored to help out in anyway I can.

And I'd like to see D-Day with a SW twist. (That's a vote for the 3rd option).

And no, I'm not being a sycophantical by voting for Ben's own RPG... although I'm sure PoT will be impressed by my grasp of the English language if he sees this. ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.