main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rekindle the Spark

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Callie_Skye, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Callie_Skye

Callie_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2004
    Have you ever found yourself rounding up all your friends who have never seen star wars (*aghast*) and forcing them to watch the trilogy?

Well obviously they NEED to see it... life isn't right without them. *grins*

But best of all is living vicariously through them the moments that we can never have again. Like when we first learned Vader was his father(surely he's lying!!) and Luke and Leia are siblings(noo! I was rooting for Luke to get the girl and now I feel gross!)

Anyway, just wanted to remind people of an excellent way of rekindling the spark, find newbies, order pizza, and go back in time!

2. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    hehe, this reminds me of the time I watched ROTJ with a girlfriend... (on her own request, BTW)

She totally cracked up when Admiral Ackbar appeared!

This made me realize how SW has conditioned me to suspend my disbelief, and that I totally forgot how silly some things actually look.

3. Oracle_Ye_Prophecy

Oracle_Ye_Prophecy Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2004
    Bah, Plo. Did you really have to show her ROTJ first?!!! ;) Both surprises are ruined! Did she even understand what was going on?

4. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    No, I did FORCE her to watch ANH and ESB first, and after that she wanted to see ROTJ voluntary. :p

I guess she already knew about the major plot points, it's the reaction to ROTJ that stood out for me.

5. Oracle_Ye_Prophecy

Oracle_Ye_Prophecy Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2004
    Oooh ok. I thought she saw ROTJ first. :)

So, she wasent surprised by: "I am your Father"?

Even when she found out its:

NO, I am your father!

And NOT:

LUKE, I am your Father!

;)

6. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    It was the same when my brother forced me to watch them. I was deadset against watching them. I didn't want to have anything to do with that "scifi rubbish." I'd watched spaceballs and that was enough for me.

Of course by the time we'd finished ESB I was dying to watch ROTJ. I'd been watching with my mom and brother and neither could be bothered watching them back to back but I was hooked!! It was all I could talk about for the next month at school.. and of course as we can all blantantly see, 6 years on and I'm still nutty.

ps. spaceballs all became clear when I watched it again after SW... it was like being hit over the head with a hammer! *laughs*

7. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I recently converted two of my friends. They had never seen a Star Wars movie before. We watched the OT a few weeks ago at my house. I had to coax them over to see it with beer but it worked. They both liked the movies.

8. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Spaceballs gains a LOT when you're a real SW fan :D

9. O_B_1

O_B_1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2004
    Spaceballs is a great film! With the Quartz and all!

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm trying to get some friends of mine right now to watch at least one Star Wars film. They seem set on not seeing them, though. I might soon have to move to drastic measures...

11. DJQ81

DJQ81 Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2004
    How does one screen the films these days. Episode 4,5,6,1,2 or 1,2,4,5,6. Watching them in the correct order takes so many of the surprises out of the OT.

12. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    personally I'd still show the classics first. I mean, it didn't hurt us plot-wise, and besides... you might lose some possible fans by showing 1,2 and 3 first... *coughs* not exactly the same caliber....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.