main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Relative Noob ..... Hello and password question?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ShabbaTheHutt, Feb 20, 2013.

1. ShabbaTheHutt

ShabbaTheHutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    Hello fellow members,
    I joined this site a while ago and since the EpVII announcement have been really enjoying some of the fan thoughts and opinions on what should happen.
    Unfortunately I couldn't remember my password with it being a while since i signed up so now i have to keep getting a temporary log-on password e-mailed to me each time.
    The problem is once I'm logged on, It won't let me reset my password which I think is due to me not being logged on with a permanent one i dunno.
    Can anyone help me with this?

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ShabbaTheHutt: Failte Nua Duine. Glad you opted to get involved once again. As to your problem... wait for LAJ_FETT to arrive.

Should any other issues arise once you start actively posting, feel free to ask in here. This is now your personal tech support thread.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Grimby - I think we've had this password issue with other users.

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Passwords are not temporary, as far as I'm aware. If you use the Forgot Password form to get a new password, that's you're password until you change it.

What exactly is the issue when you try to change your password?

5. ShabbaTheHutt

Jan 8, 2013
    The password I was e-mailed only worked once, same again with the second, so i've been having to go through the lost password process each time I log in

and when i tried to change my password it din't recognize the password i logged in with as current

6. ShabbaTheHutt

Jan 8, 2013
    tried again, got it sorted.
    cheers though guys
    :)
    ....May the Force be with you all.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ShabbaTheHutt: All sorted as in fixed with one consistent password? I want to make sure you are good to go so you can get active on here. Time to set up your avatar. I would consider an image of a padlock or some other symbolic reminder of your exciting start here.

8. ShabbaTheHutt

Jan 8, 2013
    i keep doing this as well DOH! .... double posting by qouting myself as below when what i meant to do was "edit" not "reply"

It's just getting used to a forum with a different layout to some i'm used to.

Must.....pay......attention :p

9. ShabbaTheHutt

Jan 8, 2013

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Glad to hear you're set up with accessibility. Since you got interested in the site due to Episode VII, definitely go get involved over there. I am a regular in there, so if you happen to run into any issues or vexations while in there, look for me and message or TAG me. Or, like I said above, fall back in here for tech support.

11. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    welcome Shabba:)

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Glad you got your password sorted out!

13. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome ShabbaTheHutt! :)

I'm glad that your password issue got solved quickly. Almost nothing is more annoying than password problems - especially, if one 'only' wants to post something.

As said above, if your password gets its own life again, don't hesitate to post here again, ok?

And beside of that...

Enjoy your posting time! :D

14. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Welcome to the JCF!