main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Relay for Life: 2004

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by UniversalDestiny, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Heya Everyone,

Just to let you know Relay for Life 2004 in Raleigh begins on April 16, 2004 at 3pm and lasts till April 17, 2004.

Relay for Life is a national event that brings communities together to raise Cancer Awareness. Many Fan Forces from around the country have participated in this event and I was thinking it would be a great opportunity for us to support this noble cause.

A few Fan Forces have set up booths next to their camp, I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in doing that but that'd be an idea for us. We could have team members man the booth and have our ones on the track.

I have gathered some information so far on this event and it's listed below. If you are interested in participating in this event let me know or just post below.

It'd be a great event for us to participate in and I think it'd be worthwhile. It's great exercise and it'd be a great way to help get in shape.

Anyways here's the information that I got from the website which can be found below the information:

From the ACS Webpage Calendar of Events:

Event Information

Description
    A fun-filled overnight activity that mobilizes communities across the country to celebrate survivorship, remember those who lost their lives to cancer, and raise money for the fight against cancer. This is an American Cancer Society signature activity.

Start date and time
    4/16/2004 3:00PM

End date and time
    4/17/2004 3:00PM

Agenda
    A opening ceremony at the beginning of the event with the survivor lap immediately following. Luminaria ceremony is at dusk and then the closing ceremony is about 3pm on Saturday.

Additional Information
    A luminaria is a sand-filled bag with a lighted candle which is placed around the track in honor of someone who has or has had cancer or in memory of someone who has died of cancer. They can be purchased before or during the event for $10.00 each

Intended Audience
    General

Languages spoken at this event
    English

Appropriate attire
    Casual

Location and Contact Information

NC State University
    Raleigh, NC 27607

See a map

Contact
    Liz Miller

Phone
    (919) 512-0796

Email
    eamille2@nscu.edu

Registration Information

Registration deadline
    4/16/2004 3:00PM

Cost/registration fee
    $10.00

Cost/registration fee information
    $10.00 per team member. Each team member is encouraged to solicit donations of $100.00 or more.

Payments accepted
    Visa
    American Express
    Cash
    Check
    MasterCard
    Money Order

Check payable to
    American Cancer Society

Registration contact
    Liz Miller

Phone
    (919) 512-0796

Email
    eamille2@nscu.edu

http://www.cancer.org/asp/coe/coe_global.asp?sitearea=COM

If you have any questions or concerns IM me or post below and I'll answer them.

Yours Truly,

UD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.