Relay for Life 2005 - October 15th

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by LordJedi, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCrowbar Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's beautiful! I am putting it as my may icon on MYSpace so the thousands of people that look at my site can see this work of art!
  2. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
    That is so cool. Maybe we could have one without Relay on it.
    Or place an Orange Death star on the top.
    But very cool colors and great work Anthony!
  3. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
    For those of who would like to do a saber battle.
    I will be running a Choreo on Mon and Tues at 7:00pm. This is no way connected to any club or society but rather those of you who want to help out and perform please be at Reid Park on Mon and Tues 7:00pm.
    What ever small part I can help I will do my best to do.
    So, come on team come on out and lets give them a good show.
    Thanks
    Call me should you have any questions
    (714)404-6092
    Rob
  4. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yeah, forgot to add that there will be a line battle of some sort at Relay. Sorry about all the confusion, I kept getting mixed signals, but I have been assured by the top two instructors from the saber class that there will be a line battle.

Whoever ends up doing any kind of choreography, please let me know via PM or by posting here BEFORE the event. Thank you.
  5. dustinbrewer Jedi Knight

star 2
  6. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    I can make it on Tuesday next week. I am in school till 10 on monday though.
  7. dini Jedi Knight

star 1
    Love the shirt art.
  8. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    I have some hard currency to deliver to bank night but a few Republic credits.

Are republic credits fine?
  9. dustinbrewer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Barry, ok, when we got home from the bank night meeting this morning, checked the mail and received another check from a family member. Can we just turn in anymore money AT the relay, or should i get it to you asap?
  10. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Just turn it in at Relay.
  11. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    I had fun hanging out at bank night.

Also wanted to report that I witnessed Barry pay his bill.
  12. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I went by the site today. They have two parking lots that are combined about the size of the one in Fullerton, but probably actually smaller. They seem to have a lot of street parking though. So everyone carpool if you can.
  13. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    The shirts have been ordered (for those that contacted me). For everyone that didn't contact me, wear a club shirt or a generic Star Wars shirt if you can. There isn't enough time at this point to order more shirts through CafePress (without having to pay for next day shipping or something), so I won't be ordering anymore.
  14. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
  15. MALICE_MIZER Jedi Knight

star 3
    Barry, can you post a link to where the shirts are on cafepress? I did a number of searches and couldn't find them. Just in case folks do wish to order a shirt with expedited shipping.
  16. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes Rion, you got a shirt.

I actually didn't even create a store for the shirts this time. I just went through and created them for a quick order. I can setup a store no problem though. I'll put it in under Orange County Fan Force.
  17. MALICE_MIZER Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, please do so. Any attendees are welcome to order the shirts in time for the relay, but they must be ordered with some form of expedited shipping. Keep in mind, to get these by Sat, these will have to be ordered today/tomorrow, with 2 day or overnight shipping available.

That, and I just want to see what the shirts look like. Were they able to make the baseball style for my order?
  18. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well this is wonderful. The images are being held for verification. Looks like we may have to find another vendor on this short of notice. Does anyone know if we have any emails on hand from Steve Sansweet saying we can use the images? I'll email Steve and maybe we'll get something back tomorrow. I'll contact James tonight and see if there's any local vendors that can do this short notice too.

I will post back here tonight after the official bank night. We may just have to get iron on sheets and make the shirts ourselves.

EDIT: I just emailed Steve Sansweet, so now we'll just have to wait. I'm guessing that previous years artwork didn't throw any red flags because it was just an Orange Death Star (and possibly lightsabers) and that this one did because it has definitely recognizable characters.

EDIT 2: Steve is out all week, so I've emailed Mary Franklin. Hopefully I'll hear back tomorrow yay or nay.

EDIT 3: After one minor change, we'll have approval. I'll update the graphic on the store site and get the order changed/reordered and I'm sending the approval email to CafePress.
  19. dustinbrewer Jedi Knight

star 2
    To follow up, can we bring a puppy sized dog to the Relay, also can we bring a mini BBQ to cook food on?
  20. dini Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow I totally missed the shirt ordering, guess that's what I get for not paying enough attention. Hopefully they'll approve soon so that I can order a shirt.
  21. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    No puppies allowed (exceptions are seeing eyed dogs and such), sorry. She did say some people bring them anyway, but they're obligated to ask them to leave and come back without the pet. The BBQ is fine.

The shirt art has been approved. I emailed CafePress last night and now I'm just waiting to hear back from them so I can reorder the shirts. I probably need to send them the approval email I got from Mary and then reupload the artwork. If anyone has a direct number for them or email, let me know and I'll see if I can get this expedited.
  22. dustinbrewer Jedi Knight

star 2
  23. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's a link to the shop. It's a private shop so you can only find it with this link http://www.cafepress.com/ocsws

It only has the two shirts right now because I'm in a hurry. I was also contacted by Sarah Garcia at LFL about the shirts. I let her know that Mary Franklin gave me approval, so we'll see how it goes. I still haven't heard back from CafePress, but I've placed a second order anyway.
  24. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Not sure on the final count yet, but there will be a group of us coming up from San Diego. :D
  25. LizardJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, this is probably a stupid question.. but am I the only one that can't find anything on that page?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.