main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Relay for Life 2005 - October 15th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LordJedi, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    The shirt designs have finally been unredflagged by CafePress. I'll hopefully get them all by Friday so I can hand them out at Relay.

LizardJedi: I don't know. I just checked the link myself and it comes up. This is whether I'm signed in or not.

2. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    I have no problem with the page, either.

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    This is just a reminder that our October meeting will be held at Relay, at 3:00. New members are welcome to stop by, and all current members are encouraged to go. It's a fun event, we always have a great time, and it's for a worthy cause.

4. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Just got another email message from LFL, this time from Steve Sansweet. He asked for an additional modification to the artwork and for 3 shirts to be sent to them as samples. Until I can get Britt to modify the artwork (which won't be before late tonight), I'm pulling the store down. He also said that no more than 18 shirts are to be ordered and that no profit is to be made whatsoever (the shirts are all being made at cost).

Next time, we really need to get any artwork we're going to do for an event done much sooner than this. I didn't anticipate this happening, but that's probably because the most noticeable item in the last design was the orange Death Star. With this one having 4 major characters, it was sure to be given extra scrutiny.

Unless I receive a further email from Steve stating the "TM" modification is not good enough, I'm going to let this order run its course. I just hope we get the shirts in time (they're still listed as in Production on CafePress's website with 2 day shipping). At best, the shirts will arrive at my house Friday or Saturday. At worst, they'll show up Monday and end up being fairly useless for this event.

EDIT: I will post here if the shirts have not shipped by this evening. We may end up just having to do iron ons for the event. Hopefully, if they haven't shipped, I'll be able to cancel the order. Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

5. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    Bummer about the shirt drama. Anyways i will be bringing the mini camping bbq, so if you wanna grill up your own hot dogs or whatever for lunch or dinner than you can all use it as well.

6. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Is it a gas grill?

7. dustinbrewer

Nov 8, 2002
    [face_shame_on_you] Anything other than charcoal is a sin James. I am an old fashioned caveman grillmaster, Weber forever. Well unless charcoal is not allowed at the Relay, if it's not allowed i'm out of luck. Barry, does it matter gas or charcoal?

8. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    [face_laugh] Just making sure man, just making sure. I'll probably bring some dead animal or another to grill then [face_cow] [face_chicken]

9. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I have no idea, I didn't even think to ask. I assumed it was battery powered or something. All they said was that we had to clean up our mess. I don't think they care if it's charcoal or propane.

10. dustinbrewer

Nov 8, 2002
    :oops: Shoot, i forgot to ask if there were any "theme" laps like teddy bear, hat, etc. :confused:

11. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    Any update on the shirts? What a bunch of drama. If they don't come in time I still want one anyways.

12. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    This is unbelievable. I received an order of shirts today with the old artwork. If I don't get the ones with the new artwork tomorrow, we can wear these. If I do, I'll just return these and we can wear the new ones. It looks like the second order just changed to "Ready to Charge", so I'll probably end up with a second order at my door.

EDIT: Just got an email from CafePress. The approved shirts aren't set to arrive until Monday. I'll bring the ones I have for us to wear, then I'll return them and get a refund, assuming of course they charge me for them (I don't see anything on my credit card bill yet).

13. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I have to work Saturday, [face_plain] starting at 7am but I hope to get off at 1pm, or 2, at the latest. [face_praying] I don't want to miss the meeting!

I'll be bringing my larger silver cooler for people to use, it will be there all night, since I will spend the whole night there, like I have done the last two years.

I also bought a case of waters, in case they are needed. There are already 8 bottles of it in my cooler.

Are they doing any kind of breakfast for the teams like they did at the Fullerton Relays we did in the past? Does anybody know?

See you guys tomorrow!
    :)

14. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Yes, they'll have a morning breakfast. They may even have a lunch on saturday. They were trying to get pizza donated/discounted from some local places.

I didn't have a chance to build any of those foam lightsabers, but I think we can get away with using Kenner sabers (I've got plenty so I can bring them all). We can use the same ones for the lightsaber race and I'll pickup some balloons tonight for that.

15. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Don't forget string! I know a great game we can play that involves baloons string and carnage. [face_mischief]

16. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
  17. dustinbrewer

Nov 8, 2002
    Sounds more like a method for smuggling stuff through airports [face_laugh] [face_shhh]

18. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    I just want to say how proud of you guys I am for getting a team together so quickly for such a worthy cause. I will be there in the afternoon... I will call cbm to see if you guys need me to stop and pick something up.

19. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'll see you guys there in a few hours! :D

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks for letting us come and hang out with you guys! I had a blast, and it was great meeting all of you! See some of you next weekend at IGN!

21. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    Since the meeting took place here, I will post the minutes here also.

Minutes for October 15, 2005 held at Relay for Life in Tustin.

I. TF.N boards - All members are encouraged to register on these boards and to keep posting here until further notice.

II. The H-Wing on Pimp My Ride - Per Robert, Shawn will be given a questionairre from the production company behind Pimp my Ride. An alternate idea is setting up a paypal account and doing a mass e-mail to RL and 501st members to donate.

III. IGN LIve - Saturday and Sunday 10/22-10/23, at the Anaheim Convention Center. If you want discount tickets please PM Linda (Mara_Jade_Fan) for 2 for 1 passes.

IV. Trick or Treat in the Street - Thursday 10/27 from 3-7pm at the Orange Circle. We will need all members especially costumed people for photo ops and to man the table.

V. Episode III DVD Release - Midnight on Tuesday November 1st which is technically Monday Halloween night. Possible Costumed Event. Most likely at DVD Planet in Huntington Beach.

VI. Costumed Event at Wal-Mart in Redlands with IESWS - Saturday 11/5/05 from 10am-12. Costumed Charity Event for Children's Miracle Network. See thread for details.

VII. Harry Potter - Our Official November Social Event is to see "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" on Friday the 18th at midnight at Edwards 21 in the Irvine Spectrum. Also, family event at Downtown Disney on Saturday the 19th. at 2PM.

VIII. Chancellor/Vice-Chancellor Nominations - As it currently stands, Anthony and James are nominated for Chancellor and nobody is nominated for Vice. Nominations will continue to be accepted until the November Meeting.

IX. Trivia Quiz by Aaron

OCSWS October Trivia Quiz
    Revenge of the Minutes Keeper

By Movie, name the character the actor portrayed with points available in parenthesis

The Phantom Menace
    Liam Neeson (1) - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Jake Lloyd (1) - Anakin Skywalker
    Ray Park (2) - Darth Maul
    Pernilla August (3) - Shmi Skywalker
    Hugh Quarshie (5) - Captain Panaka

Attack of the Clones
    Ewan McGregor (1) - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Hayden Christensen (1) - Anakin Skywalker
    Christopher Lee (1) - Count Dooku or Darth Tyrannus
    Daniel Logan (2) - Boba Fett
    Jack Thompson (5) - Cliegg Lars

Revenge of the Sith
    Ian McDiarmid (1) - Chancellor Palpaltine, Emporer Palpatine or Darth Sidious
    Samuel Jackson (1) - Mace Windu
    Frank Oz (2) - Yoda
    Jimmy Smitts (2) - Senator Bail Organa
    Nalini Krishan (7) - Bariss Offee

A New Hope
    Carrie Fisher (1) - Princess Leia Organa
    Sir Alec Guiness (1) - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    David Prowse (2) - Darth Vader
    Phil Brown (3) - Uncle Owen
    Garrik Hagon (5) - Biggs Darklighter

The Empire Strikes Back
    Mark Hamill (1) - Luke Skywalker
    Anthony Daniels (1) - C-3PO
    James Earl Jones (1) - Darth Vader
    Dan Barton (5) - General Rieekan
    Kenneth Colley (8) - Admiral Piett

Return of the Jedi
    Harrison Ford (1) - Han Solo
    Peter Mayhew (2) - The Mighty Chewbacca
    Billy Dee Williams (1) - General Lando Calrissian
    Michael Carter (7) - Bib Fortuna
    Denis Lawson (5) - Wedge Antilles

Winner is Matt with an impressive 51 points. Matt wins a lovely Darth Vader lunchbox which he left at the event.

X. Attendance - Through my magic mirror this month I see, James, Valerie, Dini, Matt, Lori, Dustin, Jennifer, Vincent, Barry, Anthony, Irene, Aaron, Lisa, Marley, and Rion.

Please PM me if I misspelled your name or need to make a correction.

22. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I want to post a special thanks to all of the people who came and participated in this event especially the San Diego people that drove a long way for this. Thanks to all of the saber class people who showed up to put on a show for this great charity event.

Last thanks to Barry who took the reigns on this event and led us in this fun day. OCSWS would have been without a Relay this year if it wasn't for his hard work and the work of all the other team members so for that I am truly grateful.

23. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Thanks for letting us "party crashers" hang with you guys. James's girlfriend really gave us some great and politically incorrect costume ideas - which we loved. :D

We'll be seeing you at the IGN event next weekend. I can only be there Sunday, but I hope to see you there.

24. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    To everyone that came and showed your support for this event, especially the folks that drove all the way from San Diego, thank you. I appreciate everyone that took time out of their weekend to come by, whether it was just for a few minutes or for several hours. This event would not have been a success without all of you.

We raised a grand total of $1905.03. Irene had the highest amount of donations collected with $265 (and no, she didn't get any help from me :p). The event was a lot of fun and we received praise from everyone for being there and especially for putting on the lightsaber show. Thanks to everyone that showed up and made the lightsaber show a success.

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Awesome job raising money for the relay! :D

Hey, is there any chance we could get a copy of the fight, be it online/at IGN/etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.