main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Relay for Life 2009

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    :(

[:D] to Kooky

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey SAFFer Relayers, can I get you lot to PM me your deposits so far please? Just so I can keep tabs on who's banked what! Thanks everyone.

3. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Just a few thoughts from the oldbie.

I'm not going to be around for the build up to the relay weekend so before my absence I wanted to say a few words, speaking as a Relay veteran.

I was very heavily involved in getting the first team up and running in 2006. One of my proudest moments was seeing than seeing us do those last few laps, tired and worn out, on a chilly Sunday morning. After months of everyone working hard to raise thousands of dollars, way beyond what anyone expected, we'd finally done it.

I would love to have that feeling again. Recent events have, for my part, made that less likely but I would not yet give up all hope.

To all relay goers this year, think long and hard about what this event means for you, for the group and for the community. This is all Star Wars fans coming together, whatever their particular allegiance, doing good for a worthy cause.

For many of us that cause which we are supporting has affected us directly in some form or other. That common ground we share, and we do share a lot, should be greater than any disputes we have among ourselves. We're all human and none of us perfect. You're not going to be made to share a tent with someone you do not get on with. But you do have an obligation to put your best foot forward when we are out in public representing the thing that bought us together in the first place. So for the sake of everyone's enjoyment and for the good reputation that we as fans in Adelaide have long enjoyed I hope this weekend will be memorable for all the right reasons.

MTFBWY (and no one else in Victor Harbor is going to know what that means - just another bit of common ground)

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well said DM, and I really appreciate your take on things. There is no I in Team and the Relay is TEAM effort, there is no you and him or her. We all do what we can to help, and that's all that important, exact $$ amounts do not need to be seen, so long as some one is keeping a tally. ;) Lets finish what we started and get things moving now guys.

5. Dark-Lord_Alf

Dark-Lord_Alf Beloved Member of the SA Fan Force 1979-2013 star 4

Mar 19, 2005
    What is the final day we can make our deposits please

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    They prefer all deposits to be in the Wednesday before the Relay, which would be the 29th April. ;)

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Team SAFF

1.Darth Vercetti
    2.Sabre
    3.Dark Diciple
    4.Obi Wan Toddi
    5.Dark Lord Alf
    6.Adalia Durron
    7.Little Tin Goddess
    8.Addiesclone
    9.Darth Meanders
    10.Reactor Drone

8. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Very well said DM!!! and MTFBWY Too.

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Addiesclone raised her $100, plus more over the last week!! On Friday we went to Woolworths, Foodland and The Old Town Bakery in Old Reynella and asked for their help. About an hour and half later we had $75 worth of Easter Eggs and Easter Bunnies in Cadbury, Lindt and Shortbread dipped in Chocolate!!! So we made up a first, second and third prize and began selling tickets.....easy as. She hit $112 tonight and there is still 24 hours to go, and even she said 'this was so easy Mum!' Drawing it at 8pm tomorrow night, and then we will deliver the prizes to the winners on the weekend. Will take photos and put them here, and give a copy to the Three Wonderful donors!!! :D

10. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Wow! That's a great effort! =D=

It just shows that it isn't that difficult to raise the minimum $100. Especially when you get creative about it! ;)

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, just a bit of creative thinking! Ok, and alot of leg work by her mother....but she went around at the swim centre and sold tickets to the parents there last Friday night. She's done the 'selling' with a couple of her swim club friends. Shes very happy about her efforts, and so she should be. ;)

12. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That looks fantastic DV!. I like it!

Congratulations to Mr Bruce H, Ms Audry M, and Mr Darren S on winning first, second and third prizes in Addiesclones raffle. Mr Bruce S was in Melbourne when I called and was totally thrilled to bits. The others were equally happy. $116 raised all up. Well done!

14. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    I believe the Captain's meeting has been held? :confused:

Are there any new details that R4Lers should know?

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not yet, see I got a text message Wednesday arvo that there was a meeting in Victor Harbour on Thursday night!!! The night before the Easter break with 30 hours notice.....wasn't going to happen I'm sorry. I did request an email of all the information required to be sent to me, but nothing as yet. ;)

Remember people, keep your deposit receipts, very important!!

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Unfortunately, due to the separation of the teams it has been decided that the theme wont work as well as we had once thought. So there will be no theme this year, but the Lightsaber from Alf as our baton is still really needed, and the Letter box from Toddi is still really needed!!! So, 17 days to go till Relay guys! My tents ready, and my money is banked.....my t's are crossed and my i's are dotted!

So, can everyone please PM me with their final totals, and make sure you keep your receipts to give to me on the day. ;)

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Ok, I was unable to attend the Team Meeting on the Thursday night before Easter in Victor Harbour, I was given 24 hours notice via Txt and sadly I had already made plans for that night. I did however ask them to email me all details of the meeting. Sadly I have received nothing as yet, but I will be chasing it all up on Monday. But a few things I do know thanks to reading the 501st/RL team notes are below. MS was able to attend the meeting, so I am reading his notes, and I appreciate the help, but I will be confirming it all when I get an email. ;)

The location of this years Relay is changed, it is no longer at the Victor Harbour Oval, but at the Encounter Bay Football Club oval. Will and Drew had mentioned this earlier in the year, but it hadn't been confirmed at that stage. Apparently the local residents were complaining about the noise made last year. According to Google Map, its past the first oval and off Armstrong Road, a road that comes off the Large roundabout. I will talk to my Aunt in Victor and get her to confirm the address asap. Also, according to MS's notes, the camps are going to be around the outside of the oval this year, and the track in the middle, so our tents will have their 'backs' to the track. Camps are set up on a first come, first pick of the ground basis. There will be well lit toilets and Canteen facilities this year.

Now we have to pray the rain doesn't decide to visit us!!

Thank you to MS for the information, I appreciate being able to see it and am grateful he was able to attend the meeting.

EDIT: Also, if you have a preference for walking, night or day, or early morning, please post here. I will be doing up the walking roster soon, and as we only have 10 on our team, we all have to do 2 hours over whole Relay. So if you would like one early one and one later one or have specific requests, now's the time to speak up ;)

18. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Hoping there's a convoy ... hope my car makes the distance [face_worried]

I wouldn't mind walking early as possible. Then just walking once everyone has done their first walk is good with me.

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Sure, I can fix the walking for you to be first up after the 'survivors' lap if you want. ;)

20. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Chuck me in the spots no one wants :p

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    writes Sabre 1am to 7am..... :p

22. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Better start stretching now then shall I? :p

23. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Goodness, I hope the knee's ok now, Sabre! :p

And if no-one else has any objections, A-D, that's fine with me :)

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Start Practicing walking home from Salisbury Sabre!!! LOL!!!

25. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Better than its ever been these days ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.