main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Relay for Life 2009

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Excellent!!!

2. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Mark me down anywhere empty... i'll probably walk around outside of my turns anyway :p

i'll remember to eat properly this time too. :)

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I believe there will be a canteen working and serving hot food, but I need to confirm this. We are a bit further out from town, so if we do want to do a 'dinner run' we can organise one person to go to town and get the food. So bring some change if you want 'take away'. The other option is we have a BBQ and everyone brings their own meat etc to be cooked on the bbq. Let me know what you think.

OK, this is a rough outline of the walking roster. We are 10, which means we all must do two one hour stints. I have tried to seperate the stints well, and give a good space between them, if you are very unhappy, let me know.

Roster for walking

2pm Survivor Lap
    2pm Toddi
    3pm Addie
    4pm Meanders
    5pm Alf
    6pm Addiesclone
    7pm DD
    8pm RD
    9pm LTG
    10pm Sabre
    11pm Addie
    12pm Addiesclone
    1am Toddi
    2am DV
    3am Sabre
    4am DD
    5am Alf
    6am LTG
    7am Meander
    8am RD
    9am DV

Please, this is just a working start, so if you want a specific time, PM me and we can work it out. Thanks everyone.

4. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    All looks good to me :)

Either gonna have to pull and all nighter or get a wake up call :p

wont be going to bed before the 2am walk :p previous attempts at that ended badly... and coldly :p

looking like fun :D gonna be great to catch up again.

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You can get a wake up call, the Relay Ends at 9am, so you will be awake by then! :p

6. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    [James] So DV, are you gonna bring along your PS3 so we can use it in the clubrooms? [/James]

[face_laugh]

7. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    [face_frustrated]

Lets not talk about that.

*SLAP*

8. REACTOR_DRONE

REACTOR_DRONE Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2005
    Heres a map of the new oval,it's easy to get to,you take the turn off to Encounter bay rather than going into Victor harbor and it's on the right just before the roundabout.

http://wikimapia.org/1888925/Encounter-Bay-Football-Club-and-Oval

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That map is utterly brilliant RD!! If you go sideways you can see the oval we used to be at, and then the oval we are at! Easy!!! A huge thank you to you RD [:D]

10. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Looking at that map, we could've gotten to the old oval faster if we'd gone down this new road... But then we wouldnt get kfc :p

11. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    KFC is more important than speed! :p

Wanna know what happened the year i didnt go to KFC? i spent the whole time asleep in my tent with a tummy ache!!!
    KFC is a vital part of the relay!

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We can make a run to KFC for food..... ;)

13. Merrick77

Merrick77 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 28, 2007
    KFC sells... food?

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Kentucky Fried Cat.... ;)

15. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    I firstly was very lost, but really clears things up for me. Thanks very much RD!

I'm struggling to get a decent postbox going, and with time running very low, can I have suggestions for what SW related things might be good for a postbox? I'll be started (and hopefully finishing) construction this coming weekend April 25th/26th.

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Weren't you doing R2? If not, maybe a planet? Tatooine? Death Star? Thinks A Bantha?

17. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Not to bother. I'll have something ... trust me :p

18. LittleTinGoddess

LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2006
    Possibly a stupid question...

We walk in partners right? Does that mean when DLA does his stints that I join him and vice versa?

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We were walking in pairs, when we were two teams. But one team withdrew from the SAFF totally, so we are only one team now. But I'm sure you can convince people to walk with you, I know DV & Sabre said they were up for it!

20. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    on the subject of the death star post box i have the very first one however the mice i found in my shed made a nice hole in it before i could get it out of their reach :( :(

On the good side i think i have gotten rid of all of the offending rodents!! :)

21. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    I'll wave as you walk by LTG! :p

22. Evil_Rex

Evil_Rex Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2006
    What! I must be behind or something. I thought we were two teams, so pairs could walk together. Where am I on the above list? I am still going afterall.

23. Evil_Rex

Evil_Rex Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2006
    This was posted on the other forum I belong to. My sentiments apply here as well. List FYI.

2pm Survivor Lap
    2pm -Luche
    3pm -JTN
    4pm -QGS
    5pm -SP
    6pm -SC1
    7pm -Tracey
    8pm -TK
    9pm -QJV
    10pm-Megz
    11pm -MS
    12pm-QGS
    1am -REX
    2am -Phoon
    3am -evil
    4am -evil
    5am -CB
    6am -JTN
    7am -Amytis
    8am -ER
    9am -Phoon

Happy with my times, but disappointed that I am not walking with TK, and that the pairing with the other starwars team is not listed. Just because one or two people are having a snit, not everyone else is, and everyone should not have to suffer because of one or two people.

Yes, I don't know what is happening, and I am two months behind, and I know I have absolutely no say in anything, but still.......

24. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    2pm Survivor Lap
    2pm -Luche
    3pm -JTN
    4pm -QGS
    5pm -SP
    6pm -SC1
    7pm -Tracey
    8pm -TK
    9pm -QJV
    10pm-Megz
    11pm -MS
    12pm-QGS
    1am -REX
    2am -Phoon
    3am -1259
    4am -evil
    5am -CB
    6am -JTN
    7am -Amytis
    8am -ER
    9am -Phoon

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you both ER and Quin, I had not seen that walking list and honestly appreciate you putting it up here for us. No malice was intended, I was only making an observation. The two teams were originally started here at the SAFF, and one removed itself to another board. No one was asked to leave, or not post here, it was a choice. The teams have not been fundraising together, and the 501st/RL team has clearly grown larger in the last few months, which many here were not aware of. The fact is we are not 'one big team' anymore, and that was not my choice, but it has happened.

I for one will be glad of the company on the track and look forward to a wonderful weekend of fun, laughter and memories. It boils down to one thing, we are there for the Cancer Council, to help raise money to find a cure, and all differences should be put aside, regardless. ;) We are going to have a ball. ;) Delta said it once "put our differences behind us, while we shine just like the sun, see what we've all become, together we are one." One fandom, one cause. It's all good!

2pm Survivor Lap
    2pm Toddi - Luche
    3pm Addie - JTN
    4pm Meanders - QGS
    5pm Alf - SP
    6pm Addiesclone - SC1
    7pm DD - Starcruiser
    8pm RD - TK
    9pm LTG - QJV
    10pm Sabre - Megz
    11pm Addie - MS
    12pm Addiesclone - QGS
    1am Toddi - REX
    2am DV - Phoon
    3am Sabre - 1259
    4am DD - evil
    5am Alf - CB
    6am LTG - JTN
    7am Meanders - Amytis
    8am RD - ER
    9am DV - Phoon

TK, you might check with MS on if a letter box is needed for the 501st/RL team, Toddi is working on ours. :) Good to hear you got the offending rodent!!

So there it is, all matched up! If anyone has issues, please PM me or MS (at the 501st board) and I'm sure we will do our best to accommodate everyone. ;) There is a team Captains meeting in Victor on Tuesday night, I am hoping to get to it. It will be at the new site, so I can get a look at it all. ;) If anyone has questions they want me to ask, please, send them my way. :)

Oh, and I got me some big bags of M&Ms for the weekend cheap! So we have sustenance for the night Shifts!!!!

For those of you who have not done this before you will need a few things.

Tent, sleeping bag, warm clothes (very important), a deck chair, food/drink (or you can go to town and buy some) and a bit of $$...as they will have some food and hot drinks there as well as the traditional tribute candles and bags. Visitors to our team are very welcome, if you know of someone who would like to walk the Survivor Lap at the begining, by all means invite them. Anyone who has had Cancer can walk this lap, and anyone who has cared for someone with cancer can also walk this one. You must register as a survivor or carer before the Relay starts.

If anyone is interested in Convoying down, let us know, with walkie talkies, can be lots of fun. ;)

So, as they say... RELAY ON!! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.