main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Relay for Life 2009

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    TEAM SAFF

1. MS
    2. SP
    3. Sabre
    4. Addie
    5. SC1
    6. CB
    7. LTG
    8. Toddi (Obi-Wan to the MAX)
    9. QJV (Team SAFF at the moment, but consider me TEAM 501st when we get there)
    10. TBS
    11. Jabbathenutt (put me down for team SAFF at the moment but am willing to jump ship if required... like this years)
    12. Cho
    13.DV
    14. DD

Just so we dont lose the list!

;)

2. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    Thanks ;) was just doing an E.I

always someone to do it for you ;)

3. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    lol, by his own admission, he wouldn't breathe if he didn't have too [face_laugh]

4. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Regarding the team captain, I think the option should go to the CR since it's one of the biggest events of the year. Since we are registering early this time, then the current CR registers the team and if there is a change in CR then they hand it over to the new one.

5. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    That is what I think also. There is a current need to register some time soon as we are currently taking in money for the Cancer Council & someones name need to go on the form. I enjoyed doing the job this year & would love to do it again next year. There is a real buzz about SAFF at the moment, the injection of new guys has been fantastic for old & new members alike & I'm really enjoying the task of leading the SAFF & I would love that to continue on for the following year. If I weren't the CR at relay time I would think it logical that the current CR be captain unless he/she decides to delegate the responsibility.

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    The first year DM registered us, and he wasn't CR at that stage. I don't think being CR makes a difference, dedication to the job, or the cause is all that is needed, and we all have that. Irrespective of age.

EDIT: If you felt that way why did you ask for volunteers or ask if anyone else wanted to do it?? Why bother asking our opinions if you aren't going to take them on board? I said I'd do it with Sabre and now you have decided otherwise. Nice move.

7. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    I said that I was happy to do it again & I am, if someone else is the CR at time & they want to do it I would fully support that.

8. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Ummm, I was just expressing my opinion. I thought in the past that the CR usually did it or at the very least should get first choice if they want to do it or not... whoever is CR at the time of the Relay.

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And I offered to do it with Sabre as my slave

10. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Well I've been busy the last few days, catching up on posts and forums just now.

I'm not saying I have a problem, I was just saying that I feel the CR should get first choice to lead if they want to. If they want to delegate it out, then they can. If they want to be team captain, then they can. If the CR does change come November, it would be a bit unfair of them to not have the opportunity to be team captain if they so wish.

11. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    I think a vote for those interested is needed because there was a call for people to captain, and that is now being taken away?

Historically, the R4L Captain hasn't necessarily been the CR, and everyone has been fine with that. It gives other people the opportunity to show some initiative and gettingn involved in SAFF in different ways. Young or not-so-young, anyone that wants to try it should be given the opportunity to put their hat in the ring. This is especially pertinent considering that all positions (save the CR) have been dissolved.

That's my view. :)

12. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    Historically, if the CR hasn't wanted to do it , he's asked someone to step in to do it ;)

13. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    And what of opportunities for others?

14. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Taking that in its full gender inclusive form of course ;)

15. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    he/she ;)

:p

I knew what I meant
    :p

There are many oportunities to volunteer for things..for example:

Matt Hunky's organised a couple of charity things..he even got the ball rolling when he couldn't be there for one.

DV's organised the bowling

Adalia's organising a picnic

We have a XMas pageant to organise also...
    There are oportunities there ;)

16. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    If it weren't for MS's actions thus far it would seem that a few SAFFers might've not been there but at Brisnova instead.

He's started the ball rolling for this year.

Who else has done anything ?

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Then explain to me why you offered the position out, saying you'd do it if no one else wanted to? Seems to me you've had a change of heart and now those who have put their hands up are pushed aside with little explanation. I was happy to put my name forward, was happy to help Sabre learn the ropes as everyone is entitled a chance to show what they can do. Why suddenly days later have you back flipped?

EDIT: I rang the Cancer Council too Evil, I left a message on Wills answering machine as he wasn't in at the time. I rang to find the dates, and I also went back and forward to find out the regular dates to find that the City Relay is always the first weekend in April and our has always been the last weekend in March. I only rang Will to confirm that, but he never rang me back. MS called the next morning and he got Will, so I was ignored I guess.

18. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    I dont think you were ignored AD just luck of the draw there. I have also rung people up and they not replied till a couple of days later or not bothered at all(case in fact Starlight Foundation escape event).

19. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    i said i was happy to do it, i still am ;)

20. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Nobody has been pushed aside. :confused:
    Where has anyone been told that they can't be involved in the organisation or did I miss that post ?
    MS has simply said that he would still like to be involved in the organising of the R4L09. Is it a problem that he also wants to be involved?

Whatever happened to many hands make light work ?

21. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    EXACTLY ! If Sabre wants to be involved, by all means he's welcome to be involved, I would like to be involved also ;)

22. Evil_Rex

Evil_Rex Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2006
    Okay

I will now put my 2 cents worth in.

We have had three people wanting to organise the RFL09 correct? So, to shut things up, lets have a secret vote. Please PM me WHO you want as Captain, or if you are happy for the CR to be it, regardless who it is come Dec 08.

SABRE - are you actually volunteering or was volunteered? - PM me please?
    A_D
    M_S

ANYONE ELSE VOLUNTEERING TO BE CAPTAIN?

You have until midnight (SA TIME) Monday night 4 Aug 08 to decide (OR do you want further time to vote?). In the meantime, can MS please get the forms and begin the process to register one SAFF team.

IS everyone HAPPY with me making this decission? This SHOULD stop any nastiness from occurring.

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    He's not even been here to see the change of mind. Last he heard it was him and me. He's not been on to see your offer.

24. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    I like your idea of sorts E-R, but it shouldn't be a popularity contest. Shouldn't the CR of the time regardless of whether it was me or not be given first choice if they wanted it ? What if Jabba was (for example) was the current CR come then...Is he not allowed to be involved ?

25. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Best suggestion yet! Excellent idea E-R! I think this is the way people want it. Just my opinion :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.