main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Relay For Life 2010 - Photos, Prizes and Aftermath.......

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    OMG!! THAT TOTALLY ROCKS!!!=D==D= WOOT!!! Well done guys!! I need to get cracking on some things!

2. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    That's looking fantastic, D-M! That's a keeper for sure! :D

3. LittleTinGoddess

LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2006
    Great work D-M!!

4. GuriWannabe

GuriWannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2005
    Looking good Mr Meanders :)

Lets hope those snots don't steal it like last time (aparaently the "other" team had their mailbox stolen)

Then it'll be lights, camera its clobberin' time action !

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I believe we will have some 'muscles' in the team to chase off those hooligans, this guy don't take no garbage! ;) :p

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Banking my money today!!! WOOT!!! Remember everyone, keep your deposit slips and all receipt book sheets (copies and unused!) this is VERY important.

Relay On!! [face_dancing]

7. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Yeah they did, and I only ever got one thankyou from their collective team for making sure it got returned to them :p

8. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Those cads! How dare they? :p

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm sure the 'boys' of the footy team were politely asked not to do that again this year.....I hope so anyway. The Final meeting before the Relay is in Victor next Tuesday night, unfortunately Padme has made the school swim team and they are competing in the School States on Tuesday night.....so I cannot go. I'm not too concerned due to the fact I have done this before and I am in contact with Drew and his team at the Cancer Council. If there is anything spectacular, we will find out.

The Basic rules apply still.

No smoking (this is a cancer event!)
    No dogs
    No Open Fires
    No Abusive or offensive behaviour
    No excess Alcamahole (only for over 18 too)
    No Miserable faces!!!

;) Relay on!! [face_dancing]

10. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    These rules were all broken at last years, as was the 'No bikes' rule.

Really wish I could be there with you guys again this year, the closeness of the event has made me realise just how awesome the Relay has been over the years :(

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I know I will miss both you and DV....wont feel right but I understand you have a job and that comes first.

Yeah, all the rules were broken last year, most by the footy club! But we had a dog in our camp :eek: thanks to DD! :p Yeah, no bikes either, so leave your BMX bikes home guys. ;)

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Can people start PMing me the amounts they have banked please? I'm starting to keep a record of how much we have raised so far ;) Thanks Team!

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We are very close to our minimum amount to being raised, and 5 people have yet to let me know (they are still raising), so I think we are doing just fine! I have had word from Guri, and things went well for her, but I will allow her to tell you all!!!

RELAY ON EVERYONE!! [face_dancing]

14. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    Thankyou Adalia [face_love]
    As Adalia said, I had a really good day today
    Had my Loud Shirt Casual Day, and everyone who dressed in casual attire or a loud shirt, had to give me a gold coin donation (mind you some people were really generous with their spare gold coins)
    By 4pm I had raised $122.80

Making my overall total $232.80

I think this will be it for me, and I'll let DLA work on his fundraising whilst I finish our costumes.
    I'm now on 3 weeks long service leave so I can really concentrate on our costumes :)
    I'm definitely dressing as Marilyn Monroe
    and as of yesterday it was officially decided that DLA will be Forrest Gump

Love you all
    Guri [:D]

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That's so wonderful Guri! [:D] You must be so proud, I know I am of you! :D [face_love]

My costume is 95% done, but working on Dots costume and Padme is done! Padme is quite ill tonight, went to bed at 3pm, not really been up since, but tonight she was given $40 from parents of a friend from swimming! She is well over her $100, but is still waiting for a few more 'promised amounts', so will give it till next week now.

Just a reminder everyone, please have all your monies banked by close of business on Wednesday the 10th of March. Make sure you keep all your deposit receipts and written (and un used) receipts to give me on the morning of the Relay. Also, all boxes MUST be returned on the day as well. ;)

Relay on!! [face_dancing]

16. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Excellent Guri :D

Stallone and Hepburn will be practicing their "Run Forrest Run!" chants [face_laugh]

17. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    That's Awesome Adalia.
    Also I'm not one normally for feeling pride, I usually gauge my pride on others responses, but today just felt so good, and I am proud of myself.

I will also be sorting some personal banking out on Monday, so whilst I'm there I shall deposit my relay fundage then too.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, I guess Princess Fiona, Tinkerbell and Puss in Boots can also cheer Run Forrest Run LOL!

You should be proud Guri you have every right to be. The idea was great and the dedication to making it happen was incredible!! =D= Now you get to enjoy your holidays!!!

I'm starting to get a bit excited about this years Relay, it's gonna be such fun with all the new character ideas we have and the theme. And I hope to the stars it wont be as cold as it was last year! Next week I will start looking at the 7 day forcasts for Victor! ;)

19. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    If I get time I was also going to get our actor names inked/painted onto some calico to pin on the back of our directors chairs to make the set .... er .. camp site .. a bit more movie-ish :)

Still need to make our stars too.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I like that idea! Yeah, I have told everyone about their stars, I was hoping to get really creative tomorrow, bit late now to be thinking! LOL! I have a few 'props' I need to refine and finish, but its all coming together now!

21. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Did a bit of prop work myself today ;)
    [image=http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/Meanders/SAFF/camerapainting.jpg]

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I have been working on a few things too, but I have to say DM that is totally UNREAL!!! Your work is brilliant!!! =D=

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Ok, I have three more team members to report in with their totals, and they have all told me they want to keep going till the end of next week. BUT, we are VERY close to our minimum $1200 for the team, VERY close!! I suspect we will go over it by a good amount! This is FANTASTIC news everyone, and I want to thank each and everyone of you that are working so hard to make this happen! We are doing an incredible job and deserve to be proud of ourselves! Well done SAFF Movie Maniacs!!

24. Dark-Lord_Alf

Dark-Lord_Alf Beloved Member of the SA Fan Force 1979-2013 star 4

Mar 19, 2005
    DLA has achieved his $100

I put it all on red and viola !

No. Seriously I ended up raising $106 thanks to family, friends and loved ones :)

Much thanks to Oldi One (Dad) for allowing me to jingle the box at his AC/DC party last night.

ROCK ON !

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Woot!! We are OVER our $1200 minimum now DLA!!!, and still TWO more team members to report in next week!! This is wonderful guys! You all totally ROCK!!

Remember everyone, keep all receipts (both used and unused) to return to me on the day, return all collection boxes and keep all bank deposit slips to give me on the day!!

Getting excited now, I'm off to work on a bit of 'prop' work and finish Dot's costume!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.