main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Relay For Life 2010 - Photos, Prizes and Aftermath.......

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Say cheese :D
    [image=http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/Meanders/SAFF/DSCN7916.jpg] [image=http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/Meanders/SAFF/DSCN7918.jpg]

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    OMG!!! We are so going to win best Letter box!!! :eek: That is beautiful! Way too beautiful to be fake!!! =D==D=

You guys ROCK beyond comprehension! :eek:

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!! bows

3. PadmeDurron

PadmeDurron Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2009
    :eek:OMG!! WOW!!!! THATS SO AMAZING!!!:eek:

Brilliant job :D hope the banner that says 'movie maniacs' im currently making looks ok next to it ! [face_thinking]

4. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    I hope it says "Movie Maniacs" - not that I don't trust your spelling or anything ;)

.. and the praise is appreciated. Thanks :)

5. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    That's a fine looking camera you have there! Crank the handle and away you go! :p

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Might have to sneak a real camera in that thing and amaze everyone by actually taking photos or video!! LOL!

7. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
  8. Dark-Lord_Alf

Dark-Lord_Alf Beloved Member of the SA Fan Force 1979-2013 star 4

Mar 19, 2005
    This is Guri in her DLA costume

Oh Meanders, the camera has come out beautifully, well done [face_dancing]
    I have also just gotten back from shopping and the banking and Adalia my $233 is safe and sound in the bank :)
    We will deposit DLA's fundage on wednesday as he may get another donation tonight.

:*

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    BRILLIANT!!! And I love the DLA costume, you do it so well!!! =D=

Rainfall Long Range Weather Forecast for Adelaide and surrounding areas.

* 28-day

2 low
    3 low
    4 low
    5 med
    6 low
    7 med
    8 med
    9 high
    10 low

< 25% low
    25% to 50% med
    50% to 75% high

The blank dates mean NO rain is expected on these days!! WOOOT!!! The ground maybe a bit soft, but it wont be wet!! :D

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    If there is a specific time you do not wish to walk due to health issues or Sunday plans, (no one walks during the candle ceremony remember ;) ) let me know via PM please? I have done the Roster, but wont share it till I have heard from everyone and have their thoughts. ;) Thanks everyone, Week and a half to go!! RELAY ON!!!! [face_dancing]

EDIT:

Also keeping track of the weather down there through this link. Their long range says NO Rain for that weekend, lets hope its all right!!

11. Dark-Lord_Alf

Mar 19, 2005
    Just a quick note that DLA has deposited $111 into the bank this afternoon.
    Love to All
    Guri :*

12. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Banked ours today. PM sent re walking.

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    T Shirts arrived today and they are TOTALLY different to other years.

I am attempting to upload a photo but this new Windows 7 is confusing me at this stage! I will take a Panadol and try again!

They are all purple, long sleeved polo neck shirts! They have Relay For Life - Celebrate, Remember, Fight Back on the front, Cancer Help Line down the sleeve and Who Will You Relay For? on the back! The collars and neckline are white as is the writing and the buttons are purple! Impressive!!

GOT IT!!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Adalia-Durron/january2010toMarch5th086.jpg] [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Adalia-Durron/IMG_2123.jpg]

14. Dark-Lord_Alf

Mar 19, 2005
    Guri speaking (whilst baking sweet potato and chicken pita pizza's)
    Awesome shirts they are so much better than past years.

P.S. loving the star wars cancer commercial for the greatest shave, where princess leia complains to luke about chewie blocking the drains hehehe

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Tyken Had the Idea of actually writing the names of who he was Relaying for on the back of his shirt.....interesting Idea, mine would have a fair few names on it..

Ok, this is the walking Roster. I have heard from most people now, and those who haven't contacted me can negotiate when we are there ;)

2pm - 245pm Lara
    2.45pm-3.30pm Minnie
    3.30pm-4.15pm Padme
    4.15pm-5pm Ms Meanders
    5pm-5.45pm LTG
    5.45pm-6.30pm Madam Hooch
    6.30pm-7.15pm Adalia
    7.15pm-8pm Meanders
    8pm- 8.30pm Candlelight Ceremony
    8.30pm-9.15pm GoddessJaina
    9.15pm-10pm Tyken
    10pm-10.45pm Guri
    10.45pm-11.30pm Alf
    11.30pm-12.15am Madam Hooch
    12.15am-1am Meanders
    1am-1.45am Adalia
    1.45am-2.30am LTG
    2.30am-3.15am Tyken
    3.15am-4am GoddessJaina
    4am-4.45am Alf
    4.45am-5.30am Guri
    5.30am-6.15am Padme
    6.15am-7am Ms Meanders
    7am-7.45am Lara
    7.45am-8.30am Minnie
    8.30am-8.55am Everyone Does ONE lap, should cover it!
    8.55am-9am WHOLE TEAM - FINAL LAP!!

Finish.

Like I said, most have contacted me and given me ideas on what they'd prefer. I sent out messages via Facebook and the posts here, so there has been plenty of time to get back to me. If you do have an issue, contact me, or wait till the day and see if you can swap with someone. ;)

RELAY ON!! A WEEK TO GO!!![face_dancing]

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    VITAL INFORMATION FROM THE MEETING ON TUESDAY NIGHT!!

I was unable to attend this meeting due to Padme having to swim at North Adelaide that night I was unable to be in two places at once. Drew has generously forwarded all information to me and I advise you to read this as there have been some changes!

Arrival is now at 12 Midday, not 11am as in the past. I plan to be there around 11.30, just in case we can get in a bit early and we can choose a good spot! Somewhere in the light but not too bright at night! ;)

ALL receipt books/sheets both used and unused must be given to me asap, as well as the collection boxes. I have a list of who has them, so I can check. Also all deposit slips are to be given to me on arrival to hand in.

Survivors walk.

If you are bringing a guest or you are a cancer survivor, or you have been the carer of a cancer sufferer, you must register at the Survivor/Carers walk tent and receive a Purple sash or a white for Carers. This walk will start off the Relay at 2pm. Teams will congragate around the start line and this group will lead the Relay off. The teams will follow after the survivors/carers have gone past.

DEPOSIT!!! All deposits must be in by TUESDAYS CLOSE OF BANK TRADING,
    not Wednesday like previous thought, due to the long weekend and the organisers having one less day to prepare. I urge you all to bank on Tuesday now as trading has closed today!!

Big List of No no's!

No Smoking
    No Glass bottles/cups etc.
    Drinking of Alcohol is to be done in moderation/no underage drinking
    Drunken behaviour will NOT be tolerated.
    No Animals of any kind.
    No Star Droppers
    No Skateboards, Skates, Bikes on the track.
    No Eating on the track.
    No Caravans or Campers (new rule)
    No Generators
    No open Fires

Tent/Campsite

Each campsite is 8m x 8m, but we always have had plenty of room.
    No Star droppers (been through this one LOL)
    All Ropes must have ribbons tied on them (I have a few ribbons I am bringing to cut up and use)
    Banners should be displayed at the front (its done and ready)
    Letterbox must be at the front near the track (Meanders Dept!
    Bins are provided but no recycling bins (bit nuts, might toss in a bag or two!)
    Toilet Paper. Please bring your own roll as the footy club doesn't have enough for everyone!

There will not be a MISS RELAY, instead they have a 'RELAY TALENT QUEST' this year. Only one entrant per team. So if you think you have a talent beyond belief you need to share, PM me or contact me.

Catering

The Coffee Run Van will be in attendance and the Canteen will be operated by the Riding for the Disabled people supplying some healthy hot and cold food for all. If nothing else its only a quick run into town for Maccas. KFC or fish and chips.

Free Supplies for Everyone who is Registered only

If you are registered, you will be issued a wrist band and that will allow you access to some free things the Cancer Council offers. Breakfast for one! If you want breakfast, you MUST bring a plate, cup, spoon, knife and fork. Water will be supplied around the track, but you must supply your own bottle or cup. Also they provide sunscreen for walkers, use this if you need too, important to Slip Slop Slap.

A photographer may be taking team photos, be ready!

The Event finishs at 9am, followed by a quick closing ceremony and awards announcement. All tents must be collapsed and the oval vacated by midday. ;)

Candlelight Ceremony

They are saying it's now going to be somewhere between 7.30 and 8.30pm, so we will have to work the walking roster around this one on the night. ;) Candles and tribute bags can be bought for $5 to be placed around the track. Sand will be given to weigh the bags down, but the sand must be returned to the trailer before you leave. You may keep the tribute bag. Alternatively you may create your own tribute if you wish, decor

18. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Are we going to convoy rubber ducky?

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Er...I dont know? I have to collect Witchywoman & Minnie around 9.30am...so we could meet at 10 further down South Road, like Hackham?

20. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Pick a spot and we'll be there.

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Um...There is a petrol station just past Hungry Jacks on the left in Hackham, it's just before the 80 Zone there. Park in the Petrol station or just outside it and I will get there at 10. ;) Ok?

22. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    OK. Hope I can find it. The South is such a mysterious place :D

23. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] It's started already!

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    It's a wonderful land of mystery and magic!! Just look for the Griffin grazing in the nearby field and the Dragons circling over head. Watch them, just 'drive casual' otherwise they will attack, as they are trained to eat Northerers..... ;) :p

25. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    You see dragons huh? Okaaay. Maybe its not time to come off the pills just yet ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.