main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Relay for Life - Mikey's Team - August 6th & 7th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Earwen_Lightrider, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    We talked about this last year, but then Bevan and I ended up out of town the weekend it happened. So I figured I'd throw it out again for this year to see who was interested.

The theme this year is sports and our team choose fencing. So this way we can run a foam lightsaber activity out there that night (as well as some lightsaber demonstrations once it gets dark - yes, this is your chance to show off).

If you are interested in being part of the Mikey's Team (in memory of my brother), let me know.

The goal is that each team member raise at least 100 dollars in donations for the American Cancer Society. Luminaries (bags - decorated in honor of Cancer survivors or in Memory of those gone - that a candle is then placed in to light up the relay track) can be purchased in honor/memory of loved ones for a ten dollar donation (the names from the luminaries are then read off during a ceremony the night of the relay).

The Relay for Life that Mikey's Team participates in is at Newport High School up in Newport. We can figure out carpooling for those willing to participate.

August 6-7, 2010
    6:30 pm - 9 am
    Newport High School (right off of Hwy 2)
    Newport, WA

Here's the site for more information about the walk.

I'll get sign-up information to whoever is interested. Thanks a bunch!

2. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    I would love to coordinate a saber duel or somesuch for this.

3. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    That would be fantastic Smudge!

4. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    If I'm not mistaken there is a ceremonial walk along the track and whatsuch involving the luminaries. In years past, my old group in CA used to line up and march with lit sabers for that as our own tribute to those who've been lost etc. I think it'd be cool if we did something similar.

5. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    I'm in! Just keep me updated.
    And I have 2 extra functioning sabers if there are more walkers than sabers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.