main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Relay for Life Planning Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by kywildcatt, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kywildcatt

kywildcatt Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2006
    Hey everyone. The Relay for Life Thread is getting a bit long so I thought I'd post a new topic regarding a planning meeting. We're shooting for Monday 6/26 at Michael's at 630p.m. We'll be giving out directions, and deciding who is bringing what. Here is a partial list of things that have been suggested, please feel free to add/suggest anything you can think of. Remember this is an overnight event. They have suggested/encouraged costumes/crazy pj's for a Midnight Madness.

Tents
    Sleeping bags
    Pillows
    Games/Activities (The Relay is taking place in a park so there will be swings etc)
    Coolers (For Ice and drinks)
    Water/Drinks
    Food & Snacks
    Bug repellent
    Tables/Chairs

We are being given a fairly large campsite according to Yuri and it will have electrical power.
    We will be able to mark off an area for the lightsaber duel. We also can try and do any fundraising we can think of at the event to raise more funds for the Relay.

Sarah

2. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I won't be able to make the meeting - my daughter is dancing at the local fair (can't miss that) - but I will be at the event and I'll bring whatever I need. I have a sleeping bag, a big cooler, and can bring snacks other stuff. I'd still kind of like to know if it would be better for me to come early Saturday morning or be there as soon as I can on that night. I figure most people would come Friday night and we'd need relief on Saturday morning and I can do that. But I don't want to miss out on the camaraderie of the group when every one is there Friday night. But I know I'll be toast if I stay and I do have to work all day after noon on that Saturday. Rodan70, maybe you can call me and let me know what you think. Give me an update here on what I need to bring and please give me directions. Thanks!

3. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    I too have to go watch a woman dance although she's not my daughter she does call me daddy. But seriously I think I'm gonna get sent out of town Monday so I will not be able to attend the meeting either but even if I was in town my softball team plays on Mondays and I would have to be there for them.Just post on the boards what I need to do and i will comply.

4. kywildcatt

kywildcatt Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2006
    We will need relief on saturday I'm sure. The goal is to have one person walking the track at all times so I was going to have a sheet to sign up for walk times. The relay starts at 6 and goes all night so if you can't come friday but can come early saturday that will be fine. I'll post final directions to the site after I speak to Rodan70. If you can't come to teh meeting on monday please post what you will be bringing and what time you think you'll get to the Relay. Thanks.

5. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Thanks to those who showed up tonight for the meeting!
    As a reminder, the Relay for Life is THIS FRIDAY!!!
    We need as many members as can come on friday night. We have to set up between 10am and 5 pm , which is what Yuri, Khristen and I will be doing. We need members to bring coolers, chairs, and if anyone has card table etc please let us know cause we can really use it. We are going to sell bottles water at the event to raise money for the ACS and maybe candy as well. Members should bring their own beverages and food/snacks. Also games/cards would be appreciated. The walking starts at 7p.m. and goes all night. Chris had mentioned coming in as relief early saturday and that would also be appreciated. This is a great opportunity to recruit as well, we should do our best to show how much fun we have as a group.
    Verizon does get cellular signal in Vienna. The weather for friday night is supposed to be mostly clear with a high of 84 and a low of 62. If anyone has questions, wants to help etc please post or email me asap.
    Sarah (kywildcatt@yahoo.com)

6. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Sorry I missed the meeting. We will not be able to help set up Friday. The will try and get there as soon as we can but it will probably be after 7:00. I am on call through the 4th. so I can not plan anything with certainty. What do we need to bring that would help but not be overly missed if we were not able to make it? I also need directions too.

7. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Ditto but I am not on call and should be able to stay most of the night if not all night. Are Sinistar and Nardo bringing Artoo?

8. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I will call Wil and ask him about R2 and his tent. I am not sure what time Friday night I can get there so is there anyone I can drop the club stuff off too that will be there on time? Just let me know. Sounds like the meeting was good and I am sorry I had to miss it. talk soon. pv

9. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Here are directions from Paducah:

Get on I-24 West(North) going towards Marion, IL. Vienna is exit #16 when you come off the exit turn left and drive thru town. The park is on the righthand side of the road past McDonald's and Dairy Queen.

As for supplies, check the earlier posts. Bring what you will need for drinks/food. Any extra games, chairs, etc that can be shared would be awesome. As it is an allnight event if we have early risers who can come and relieve us that would be great. I know that with setup and everything that Sarah, Brent, Khristen and I will have a long day on friday. The track is supposed to be well lit so I know we'll be bowing to Ed-Vader at least once :)

Walking begins at 7:00 p.m. and continues all night.

10. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Sounds good. So sorry I couldn't make the meeting. I have a cheap card table and 4 chairs I'll bring. I also have a sleeping bag and I'll bring a cooler filled with bottles of water for everyone, and energy bars to chow on. If there is anything else specific I can help bring for the team, let me know.

11. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    If anyone has a hard time finding their way to thr Vienna City Park, Just Give me a call. 618-771-6815 and bringing the banner would be a good idea, too

12. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    My wife dropped off the banner and the sleeping tent to Sara and Wil is giving Joe R2 and his sitting tent tonight so they will be ready for tomorrow. pv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.