1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:SA Relay for Life - Some team ideas to discuss

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Meanders, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    Nice work SAFFers and 501sters! :)
  2. jabbathenutt Jedi Master

star 4
    yet again we managed to show the good people of victor harbor just how to "theme" a relay!!! ;)
    although we didnt win 'our' trophy, i still think that we rocked!! next year we seriously need to try harder to take out ALL trophies [face_mischief]

i had the best relay ever and have the whole of SAFF and my fellow 501st comrades to thank.the dedication to the cause was fantastic, and to all who did their laps in full costume....lets face it..... much respect[:D]
    it was indeed cold down there but as i said the other day, bounty humters are tough!!! (i didnt see anyone else eat a chilli;) ) it was great to spend so much time again with everyone,chatting, laughing and having an awesome weekend.
    is there any way to make the relay weekend better???

i will be trying my best to get copies of the video to everyone soon ok??? please be patient :)

bring on R4L09!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Phoon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Couldn't have said it better myself Jabba! Great company, great cause, great location, not-so-great weather, but hey, atleast it didn't rain! ;)
  4. THE_bikerscout Jedi Youngling

star 2
  5. Dark-Lord_Alf Beloved Member of the SA Fan Force 1979-2013

star 4
    That suprised the hell out of me

Its amazing how a little [face_praying] goes along way

=D= Well done SAFF & the 501st our efforts
  6. Cho-Junn Jedi Master

star 4
    Even though we where only there for a few hours, it went so quick.

It was great and we had lots of fun, also met some more people that we hope to see again and be able to socialize with when we get a chance.
    As the guys said, 'Bring on R4L09'.
  7. Darth_Meanders Force Ghost

star 5
    Thank you, thank you all, for a great weekend with my 'other' family. We were certainly blessed with the weather. I'm now happy and tired and now have even more memories to treasure. Thanks guys [:D]

And I'm glad we finally got the first 501st Relay team in Australia. Its often not easy organising everyone without having frequent face to face meetings, but we did it. I'm sure we've got lots of plans for next year - Go TAG SA. [face_dancing]
  8. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, we will have to recruit some interstate members to come over ;)
  9. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Thank you all for a GREAT weekend & well done to all of you !!

Next year will be a "full on" Imperial invasion......
  10. DarthVercetti Jedi Master

star 4
    Big thanks to all SAFF and 501st for coming together to make this big SAFF01st family. The weekend was great fun and we have all once again gained alot of great memories that will stay with us forever.

Thanks guys, for making this another extremely successfull Relay For Life.

And once again, BRING ON R4L09!!!
  11. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
  12. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Ok, I'm not in the loop.....

What's with all the water gags ?
  13. DarthVercetti Jedi Master

star 4
    Specific old people decided to place alot of very cold bottles of water inside a certain young SAFFer's tent...
  14. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
  15. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    [face_shame_on_you] .... naughty old people......

Had a decent afternoon of poker at the pub this arvo as well... (after Sabre handed me my own a** last night....) Even hit quad 8's on a hand & cleaned up..... Didn't make the final table but wasn't too upset... wanted to go home & relax anyway. Fi made me go to play....
  16. REACTOR_DRONE Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh and the flag we couldn't figure out was Kazakhstan,blue with a yellow sun and eagle and some scrollwork down the left.
  17. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    You do know that was suggested by yourself!! And I suggested Uzbeckistan! LOL!! :rolleyes:
  18. StarCrusier Jedi Knight

star 3
    ahhhhh

i have so much work to catch up on

but it was so worth it :) I had so much fun, and thankyou Alf for walking with me whilst quin was sick in bed, and thankyou sabre and vecetti for ofering to do th rounds if we weren't back in time...

BRING ON 2009 :) oo i will post my piccies tommorow, i have to go buy a new cord for my camera grrrr
  19. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Hey, we can start collecting our $$ now!! I have my $1 coin tree in my laundry again and its already got $5 in it! I should be able to make more than my $100 next year if I start now!!
  20. DarthVercetti Jedi Master

star 4
    AHA! I win. For i have already gotten $10 towards next year. my gal is $200 and i plan to get there.

:D
  21. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    Your gal is $200?? That's nicely priced these days! :p

I know you meant goal ;)
  22. DarthVercetti Jedi Master

star 4
    hahaha! that would be cheap!:p
  23. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    How do you guys know how much gals cost these days ??? o_O
    Idle hands are the devils playground.

It has been discussed about stepping up the efforts toward next years R4L soon, in regards to our campsite & letterbox (in the Imperial case anywho...)
  24. DarthVercetti Jedi Master

star 4
    i think we could do alot more to spruce up our campsite, but i dont have any specific ideas other than "something more than just tents littering the place..."
  25. starfire-phoenix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It would be easier if we had some type of sturdy sheltered tent - to make a big campsite theme effort. Then we can put things underneath, and around the edge, and even set up a table in front. The problem is that we don't have one :( The gazebo MS and I have is nowhere near strong enough and will blow away. lol

Does anyone know of anyone who might loan us one??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.