main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Relay for Life - Victor Harbor 24/25 March 2007 - Sign Up Here

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Meanders, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    They are great Jabba, thank mrsjtn for us! She was everywhere with one or two cameras, brilliant. =D=

2. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Indeed, thankyou very much mrsjtn for your support of SAFF! [:D]

Wonder if you were aware of that wonderous female 'Miss Jabe' hiding inside your husband! :p

3. GuriWannabe

GuriWannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2005
    Heya Everyone

Most of the thanks have been said and I agree whole heartedly with them, and I thank everyone for going, for the support, the great times, and the awesome photo's....from me though I would just like to add a HUGE THANKS to DarkDisciple for not only going (it was great to catch up), for checking in on me during the relay because I was feeling crap through the whole weekend, thanks for the shoulder massage :D :* , but also for collecting the Alf's and my Gear, and for getting me to the relay, and both Alf and myself home from the relay safely, and thanks to JTN for taking the Alf up safely :D @};-

I am currently uploading the photo's and I don't know if those of you are aware, but you can make a small change to your xp to enable you to upload to your photobucket straight from your computer in one large group of photo's, instead of lots of 20

if you want to find out more...goto:
    http://tutorials.photobucket.com/tutorial_40.html

will post again soon when all 171 photo's are online

WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:D]

4. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    okies Guri Cam is up, and yes Kooky I did post it in the SAFF photobucket :D

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u173/SAFF_bucket/SAFF%2007/Relay%20For%20Life%2007/GuriCam/?start=all

5. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    The Relay was TOTALLY awesome!!
    Thankyou to everyone that made is so special!! [:D] [:D] [:D]

Apology goes out to the SAFF for being a grumpy bum on the second day, :( Sorry. . .
    Today I have no voice, and only feeling a little better.

Thanks Guri and Jabba, For putting your photos up :D [:D]

(mine are up too)

6. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    Wow, thanks for the great time we had, both of us were exhausted when we arrived home but it was really great to spend the weekend with everyone.

Thanks for the great time and the organising committee [:D]

7. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    [:D] Your welcome Kooky I hope you are fighting fit soon :*

8. REACTOR_DRONE

REACTOR_DRONE Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2005
    Woo hoo another great weekend,mucho monies raised,good times had and new things learned(I never knew what a half hour drum sound check sounded like before this weekend [face_hypnotized] )

Less sore legs than last year too thanks to a little pre relay training,although that gave me the sore legs last month so I might have to keep running occasionally to keep the muscles toned ready for next year :D

and of course many thanks for the time and effort that went into the organising of our SAFFtastic efforts. [:D]

9. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    Oh yes I would also like to thank Reactor Drone, who didn't complain when I appropriated his inflatable kenny chair, it's so comfy to sleep in, thanks for bringing it ;)

10. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Oh, my apologies to Guri, for my young apprentice covering you with red streamers :p He only showed me ONCE he'd done it!

He's a very naughty boy!! [face_batting] :p

11. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    its alright Toddi, I saw the fun side with it all, I woke up and thought what tha, and laffed, hey at least they were red streamers....GO TEAM RED!!!! WOOT WOOT.

and whilst I'm thinking right now I would also love to had a BIIIIIGGGGGG THANKYOU to ADALIA for all our lovely Trinkets and Keepsakes, I love mine. [:D]

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thats ok Guri, I ordered them all from teh US about a month ago and we pleased when they all arrived. Glad you like it so much [:D]

13. mrs_jtn

mrs_jtn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2006
    Wow, what an experience! Really enjoyed myself, it was great to see so many people taking part:D . I would love to do it again next year, but this time maybe as fundraiser/walker aswell.

Thankyou jtn,that's so sweet of you to say.[face_blush] [face_love]

Thanks also to Adalia and Toddi.:)

I haven't seen the video yet[face_worried], I have seen the photos, and I'm sure there are some missing, probably did something:confused:, but silly me, not being used to digital or the video camera, should've practiced beforehand. Oops.

Well done everyone, you should all feel proud to be a SAFF member.:)

14. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    A note from the Cancer Council to you all :)

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/Meanders/SAFF/ThankyouLetter.jpg]

I've read through all the comments here and looked at all the photos but unfortunately I know they only convey a small amount of what its really like to be there and take part.

I know a great deal of hard work by everyone went into this. I don't know what our final total eventually was, but at last check we had surpassed (on a per person basis) last years effort.

I'd especially like to thank Toddi for taking over as team captain when I was unable to fulfill my duties and to AD for being as enthusiastic as ever and for being a great sounding-board as we worked our way through the lead up to the weekend.

Thank you all so much :)

15. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    R2-D2 Letter box ?
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Own_A_R2D2_Mailbox_104682.asp

Thankyou everyone for another excellent week end !!

[:D]

16. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Looks good Kooky. But i think Quin and Tyken have plans for a more interactive, more..... metal one. :p!

Had a great time, thanks heaps SAFF, see you all next year.
    And hopefully i'll be alot more.... interactive. I was feeling dreadfully sick for the first half of Saturday so i kept to my tent. I felt abit rude, so i'd like to say sorry. I'll be better next year, promise.:D

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We all have our off moments.......you said sorry, now we move on ;)

I got the same letter DM, thank you for posting it.

18. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Does anyone know the date for next years relay? I ask because Supanova have just announced dates and they are earlier than usual, and I want to check that it doesn't clash.

I checked the cancer council website and they only had dates for other country locations, not Victor Harbor.

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    No Idea as yet, we don't usually get the dates till Oct/Nov.....so we cant tell you yet. Sorry.

20. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Dammit. Thats weird too, because they have dates for Mt Gambier and Kadina down, but nothing for Victor. I guess it's normally the last weekend in March, isn't it??

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Has been the last two years, the last or second last......

22. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Then it should be okay, as long as it's not the first weekend in April.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.