1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Gold Coast (21st-23rd April), Melbourne (28th-30th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (25th-26th March), Adelaide (1st-2nd April)

FF:SA Relay For Life.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Walkers in a Winter Wonder Land. . .
    The Jedi Drinking song. . .
    Duet with Maul . . .
    The Saga begins . . .
    Stay on Target. . .
    Princess Leia be our Guest. . .
    Artude . . .
    Star Wars theme. . .
    the Sunset in ep 4 . . .
    Battle of Yavin. . .
    Battle of the Heros . . .
    Duel of the Fates. . .
    Victory Celebration . . .
    Jedi Rocks . . .
    20th Century Fox Fanfare . . .

thats all i think :D

2. DarthVercetti Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That's excellent. I will bring along my MP3 player so that JTN can atleast hear the Boba Fett song. Unless you want me to make a CD...
  3. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I recall DM saying something about a CD player, if he doesnt bring one, I have one, but it will need batteries.

ALL PACKED!! The Jedi Mobile is set to rock, packed to the brim and in launch position......

and the weather is [link=http://au.weather.yahoo.com/ASXX/ASXX0118/index_c.html] Looking good! [/i] I have packed a tarp though, for under the tent...
  4. DarthVercetti Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Excellent. I hope it doesn't rain because if it does then i'm gonna be a bit wet for my Day Light Savings extra hour walk. I'm gona be the first person to walk outside of DLS time.:cool:
  5. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Man, I need to sleep, messed that link up.

[link=http://au.weather.yahoo.com/ASXX/ASXX0118/index_c.html] here [/link]
  6. DarthVercetti Jedi Padawan

star 4
    cool. doesn't say it's gonna rain so i'm happy. I'll be going to be now, nighty night.
    see y'all tomorrow.
  7. Sabre_11 Jedi Knight

star 5
    continues to sob in the computer room... :_|

Hope you all have fun, maybe we can ask to go in next weeks one at Santos too!!! [face_praying] [face_thinking] [face_praying]
    You know that might actually work, cause technically we have raised enough for two teams, so technically that also means we have raised enough for two relays!

Who's up for next week? *SAFFers reply with tired grumbles, some shouting to be quiet*
  8. DarthVercetti Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hmmmmmmm.... you're right.
    we raised over double what we needed so we (possibly) wouldn't even need to raise any more money. If that's gonna happen i'll probably be in for that to.
  9. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    Just got in and thought I'd share my thoughts of the first SAFF Relay For Life effort.

One word ... brilliant.

A-D's suggestion has turned into a colossal effort by the majority of those involved and events like this sum up SAFF for me. Team effort. Supporting each other. Doing good.

Big hats off to D-M and A-D for organising this, with support from kooky. A huge effort that has really paid off. The majority of those involved have been very, very active in raising money. The one who didn't ... you know who you are.

I stepped back on a couple of occasions today and observed SAFF. I saw people coming together for the common good, SW and for a wonderful cause. SAFF is a family ... nuff said.

Thanks to those who cheered me on as I did my laps ... ;)

Toddi

P.S. OHD - Was it fair or just to demean SAFFers as they did their laps? Did it matter how fast they walked? o_O [face_plain]

10. starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight

star 5
    Thanks Toddi, it was such an amazing weekend. I have come away with some very special memories, that I will treasure forever. To my SAFF family, you guys inspire me ;)

I look forward to next year. Go team SAFF! We are winners!!! :)
  11. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I have spent the most amazing weekend of my life with the most special people I've ever known. Thank you. I have the most amazing memories and I am inspired, awed and humbled by the enthusiasm, determination and dedication of the SAFF team. You guys ROCKED!!! From SC's individual flags, to DM cooking sausages in costume, to MS & SF Yoda Hut Tardis, to DV shivering at 3.20 am hugging the Lightsaber batton: This was the most amazing experience of my life, and I believe several of the team felt the same. I discovered last night (I knew it already though) that I have very special friends, true ones. Through good and bad. Thank you, all of you. The most special moment for me was walking the first lap with my father. I love him very much and I know his fight has only just begun, but I also know I have the most incredible support network that will get me through this.

Talk of next year has already occured, and making Victor Harbour our home for it was also mentioned. The atmosphere and fresh country air was awesome and we made many new friends, enjoyed alot of laughs and met some special people.

Our team won Best Themed Team, and we were pretty pleased about that, but next year, the talk was of being Best Base Camp! But time will tell. ;)

Thank you to all, I am currently upoading pictures, and hope to have some soon.

12. starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm putting my pics online now too :)

The first being this one....

Meanders accepting the award on behalf of SAFF for Best Themed Team

[image=http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/starfirephoenix/SAFF/Relay%20for%20Life%20-%20Victor%20Harbor/IMGP0397.jpg]
  13. obi-han-doa Jedi Youngling

star 4
    fun day and al my pics will be up even the fun pics we took the night before headin down there

as for next year i just gotta plan it better like a jacket
  14. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    It was very cold at night, and big coats, cloaks and Robes were the order of the night. The latter two came in handy when sleeping too! Lay over my quilt beautifully... :D
  15. DarkDisciple Jedi Knight

star 5
    This truely was without a doubt the best thing we have done to date. :D
    I had the best time, you guys all need a pat on the back, especially Adalia, Meanders and Kooky you guys did a great effort. I feel very proud and honoured to have walked with you all we did a great job and I cant wait to do it all again next year.

You guys Rock!!![:D]

Long Live SAFF[face_love]
  16. DarthVercetti Jedi Padawan

star 4
    OH MY GOD!!!
    TODAY WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!
    After i got home and filled up my room with all my new star wars collection i went shopping with my mum, i got Eps 1 & 2 and i will be using my new BORDERS voucher to buy the original triligy, then my mum might buy me Ep 3.
    YAY!!![face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
  17. GuriWannabe Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes Well done to Kooky, DV, and DD for winning 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes
    I am really proud of Kooky's and DV's efforts over the weekend.

and well done to us all....we excelled this weekend, and I look forward to doing it again next year...however next year I am packing some gloves.
  18. Darth_Meanders Jedi Master

star 5
    I came home yesterday physically exhausted, emotionally drained and mentally taxed but it was the one of the happiest times I've had. After the beautiful sunrise, and bacon and eggs around the fire, I was savouring the last few laps, thinking how after just a couple of months after A-D's 'suggestion', we'd got to this point. As was said many times by Christine, the relay organiser, individually you might not think you're making a difference, but put all those individuals in a team and you can do anything.

As Starfire said, you people are inspiring. I was operating way out of my comfort zone taking on the role of team captain for this, but I was confident that I had everyone's support and that everyone would put in to the best of their abilities.

Special thanks to A-D, our team mascot, for all your advice, suggestions and support. Even with all the work done by the Cancer Council to help out teams for the relay, things like this don't happen without a lot of preparation and organisation. Sorry you didn't sell all your drinks though :(

Thanks Kooky, who kept everyone up to date on what was happening and organised the counting of our 272 laps. We will watch your career with great interest.

Thanks Crusier for the wonderful memento of the weekend. I love it :)

Thanks to all those, who after weeks of fundraising, setting up campsite and were looking all ready to throw DD out of his comfy chair and settle in for the weekend, went to the extra effort to get the costumes back on and walk the streets of Victor selling raffle tickets. The Reverend Skywalker offers his blessings ;)

DD must have put in the highest personal lap count. Sometimes it was good to have some company on those laps and Darth Vercetti... you rock!

And to Evil - those VBs on Saturday evening were very, very much appreciated :)

We did good :)
  19. StarCrusier Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey Guys,

This weekend truly rocked, I never thought that spending a weekend walking around an oval would be so much fum, but with everyone there it was the best weekend away i have had for a long time :)

The relay was amazing, and i did discover that, we have an amazing bunch of friends here and the support that was given to everyone was amazing....

Oh and Kooky and Vercetti, you guys are amazing, thanks for walking with us when you didn't have to and bringing smiles to our tired and exhausted faces at three in the morning, whatever batteries you were running on, i so want some.

And Guri and Alf, you guys could have just sat a round and watched all day, but instead you's came and did laps with everyone, and special thanks from me cause i don't think i could have done the last 30 mins without your company :)

All round I it was a tremendous effort

You guys are great.

Now where do i sign up for next year :)

PS: My leg still hurts, but it was so totally worth it :)

Ciao
  20. I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative

Chapter Rep
    star 4

Uh oh. . . [face_worried]

(273 laps :p )
  21. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    RELAY FOR LIFE - SANTOS STADIUM

Someone at work participated in the Relay at Santos Stadium and we chatted about what it was like. So here is what she told me.

• There was ample room for all teams, and the noise at night was fine so people did sleep.
    • Each team had to have a creative letterbox set up and competitions were run throughout the day and night, mail was delivered by the postie giving them details of the competitions to win prizes, and each team got vouchers for a couple of free pizzas.
    • There was music played by bands that wasn't country and/or western :p (hell, even I felt like getting up there and bashing out a few decent tunes at Victor!! Anything to escape what was there)
    • There was a tug of war contest!!
    • All teams got breakfast the next day!

So there you have it. The facts. I think there's something in that for all of us :p
  22. oz_skipp Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Some of the ladies at work did it last year (they were on the ads on telly) and they totally loved it.

Mind you, it really doesn't matter where it's held due to the outcome of the cause.

As beautiful as Victor can be, I didn't realise you guys had to put up with country music!/!?23*(@& gnnnnnnash

They should have doubled your fundraising due to you having to put up with that... ;)
  23. _Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight

star 5
    The relaxed atmosphere of Victor was priceless, & the country drive was nice too, you can go into the city any day of the week. & besides, Victor needs our help, they are just starting out & if they don't get enough teams it might fall over & that would not be a good thing.

So long live VICTOR I say !!
  24. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    The information I was given was from the lady at teh cancer council, I apologise for it being wrong, but it really isnt my fault. She told me this, maybe she was encouraging us to come back to Victor. I dont know. But I guess it will be decided the same way this year was, by a vote. Makes it fair.
  25. starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight

star 5
    Originally, I wasn't really interested in going to Victor, but I am soooo glad we did in the end. It was very special there, and I would very much like to go back ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.