main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Relay For Life.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Darth Meanders and I talked last week, and thought it might be better to wait till a little closer (later in the year) before we talked teams. For the time being, we'd like to just collect under the SAFF banner as one. If we do have teams, the collections will be divided fairly and added to team totals. We wanted to wait and see if we could make two complete teams, as we'd have to have a minimum of 10 on each, meaning a minimum of $2000 to enter both teams. I have no doubt we can do that, but lets just wait a bit longer, and give DM and I a chance to talk to the Cancer Council and get the correct documentation required for collecting.

2. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    What she said ;)

Its great that everyone's so enthusiastic about this, but we don't need to burn ourselves out too early.

3. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Some news.....

Sorry this has taken so long, but here is it is.....

The Official Total raised by SAFF for the Victor Harbor Relay for Life April 2006.

$3,462.50

[face_dancing]

4. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    [face_dancing] WOOT well done SAFF! [face_dancing]

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    WOOT!! I knew it was close to $3,500!!! Wow guys, thats Awesome! Lets make sure that's the lowest we ever make!!! :D

6. obi-han-doa

obi-han-doa Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 12, 2005
    the total is great lets try double this time

do we know an exatct date for next yr yet?

7. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Any new info? I'd love to get started on collecting donations

8. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Patience ... :rolleyes:

9. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    :eek: in what ...? How many weeks ..? That's a great effort SAFF, there's the bench mark, lets do even better next time. I feel so proud to be apart of such a wonderful group of people who so willingly gave up their time & worked so hard in such a short period of time to raise that amount of money for Cancer research. Well done guys & Gals =D=

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    On the note of 'cancer', my father got his results yesterday. The large tumor is smaller, and the one in his chest is gone. But there are still several under his arms. He still has another 3 months of chemo, but they say the cancer is aggressive and it wont ever 'go away'. He will have to have chemo every 3 - 6 months for the rest of his life. How long is that? They estimate 10 years at best. Unfortunately chemo causes the heart to enlarge and eventually, it does kill a person. :( So, Tyken & I(and our non SW brother) have our dad for about 10 more years, a gift in some eyes, and a curse in others. We do know we will be making the best of the years we have left. I am sure he will be at the next relay, to walk with me again.

11. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Wow. Very big news. As you said, so good in one way, so tough in others. 10 years is a long time in drug developments. The exact same cancer that Delta Goodrem had (I hate to use a famous name, but it's someone you're all familiar with) was also what my brother had a number of years ago. It took 2 years of almost constant treatment for him to get over it, compared to her 3 months or so of treatment. There's always hope :)

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thanks Skip, they are saying that his cancer is aggressive they will never be able to get on top of it. They tried a new experimental drug on him, only 66 people in the world were being tested as it was for advance cases. It has worked to a certain degree, but it didnt get it all. I looked at him last night and he's looking old and frail all of a sudden and I got a bit of a shock. Its kinda hard to be cheery all the time around him, act like nothing is going on all the time, but that is the way he wants it so we do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.